PWYC Wet Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Wet Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Twins wrote:

I can really, really relate and am nodding my head at the lack of focus comments earlier. I worked on Monday and just looked in a few times, yesterday was home but did next to nothing....and today left at 5:30 a.m. to drive to Atlanta for CPE, and just now arrived back home.

I'm worn out.

Dh had to manage the dkids himself today - I did point out that they're his kids, too - he had to skip his early morning workout so he could get them to school. I had gotten them a ride home from school, but then he had to get them back downtown for confirmation class tonight. (I actually had them a ride to temple tonight but that mom has some difficult family issues with the younger brother right now so I had told her that dh would take care of getting all three there if she needed....)

Anyway, I'm working again tomorrow and looking forward to a quiet weekend here - dh is going out of town with a dfriend and dkids and I can hang out this weekend since they're starting fall break tomorrow afternoon.

Was it Carol who posted about the diapers? In our household it's dd's sanitary napkins and underpants that the ddogs get into. Yuck!

I still need to go on an avatar search....will "see" you all tomorrow.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:53 pm

LurkyLou wrote:

I don't get what is happening to make me lose a post! Seems as though I inadvertently touch a key that makes everything disappear! So I'll be quick! Happy Anniversary to the Blesseds! I'm wanting to take a little nap on the couch, but I'm afraid if I do that I won't sleep through the night. My dmom just emailed me and announced that she's having cataract surgery on the 16th...no other details! So I'm waiting to hear back from her and I'll call my dsis who lives in the same town and find out the whole scoop....sheesh. All she wrote was "I'm fine"......holy cow! Now with her eye working well, she'll want to go back to driving :roll:
I'm hoping my avatar shows up--I've tried before but it doesn't show up so maybe this time will be the charm....keep your fingers crossed!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:54 pm

LurkyLou wrote:

Yippee! It worked!!! Got my filing caught up and now I think I'll fix myself a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner--not the healthiest but my tummy needs something calming like that today...

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:55 pm

helia wrote:

Well, today I amazed myself by how LITTLE I got done. :roll: I spent so much time on this machine, some playing, some looking up info toward our NZ trip, some conveying that info to one of 2 sets of friends also going to NZ. . .. I didn't even work out until this evening. But I did get that done. Dd9 was baking homemade choc. chip coookies this afternoon and I got a little too enthusiastic with the baked as well as raw versions. . . wonder what the scale will say tomorrow?

I took a quick warm shower after the work out and am in my PJs with a fleece shirt on for extra warmth. Not that it is cold, but I tend to be cold. I feel sleepy, warm, and clean now. I wonder if this is what a baby feels like bundled up after its evening bath?

The rumor re: the measles in the elem. school is that 1 of the kids was vaccinated, maybe the 2nd as well. Rumor has it there is a third infected as well. . . .

I'm meeting dfriend for coffee first thing tomorrow a.m., around 7:50 a.m. after I drop off ds and before church moms group meeting at 9:15. She is a leader in the moms group too.

Next:
-take care of laundry
-tidy the kitchen
-see how much more hw dd9 has. . .
-move the girls toward bed
-call dTaiwanese friend to see how she is doing

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Dee wrote:

LurkyLou -if that happens again and you 'lose' a post, try hitting the back button on your address bar. So far it has always taken me back to the post I had composed. Worth a try at any rate!

I'm heading to bed. Not sure I'll get here to post in the morning. Plan to pack my laptop tonight as soon as I shut down. That way I'll have just about everything ready to go in the morning. Have our pills out, clothes out that we're wearing on the trip. So guess all we'll have to do is s2s and make the bed. We're going to stop on the way for breakfast.

Skipple rambling: Middle DS called me tonight and asked if we'd 'check' on DSGD from time to time this week. She's 17 but going through a lot of teenage turmoil. Actually DDIL has not had her for several months as she was living at her Dad's (where there are NO rules!). Have no idea how she ended up back at their home but do know they won't put up with any misbehaving -especially around DGS2! DDIL & DS present a pretty solid unified front so am sure it's going to be a little tough go for DSGD if she stays there. DS & DDIL already had plans to go away this coming week with DGS2 and they are sticking to their plan. DDIL's Sis is also going to be checking so I guess the plan is for her to not know at any one time when someone will be coming by. Hoping she 'gets it' and starts walking the straight & narrow. DDIL also has an older DD who is in college.

Night all -have a good week/weekend. I'll try to get on the internet at our hotel, but one never knows. I'll miss you all. So glad the move was LAST weekend! :lol:

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Emptynester wrote:

Finished up another page in my on-line journal. Have pictures of DGD#1-5 up.

Found a lap tray so I can get my mouse next to the computer. It is taking some of the stress off my shoulder. I had been using the table next to my chair and it is too high. Made my shoulder really hurt.

We travel again tomorrow. We will spend the night in Amana, IA. I want to do some shopping for bread and sausage there - we liked it so much when we were there earlier this year.

Hope you all have a great evening. See you in the morning.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Nancy wrote:

Last load of laundry is in the dryer now.
The other one is folded and put away.

Dish washer is unloaded.
Three cheers for that!

Got a to a few seams and zone
work in the craft room today.
Putting stuff away.

I'm giving up on some of my tv time reruns mostly and
I'm getting more done. That feels great!
What a concept! LOL!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Cowinkie wrote:

than never....

Just wanted to stop by and say hello/good night to y'all in the new village. Too tired to post most nights, but I'm keepin a light in my window so y'all know I'm still around. LOL Glad to see so many familiar faces, and a welcoming Hello to all that are new.

Time for me to pull down the covers and snuggle under the covers...Nitters to all from the Valley of the Desert. Sleep well....

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”