PWYC Wet Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Wet Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:55 am

Emptynester wrote:

Did not have to travel to give DD a ride from the car repair place. So now must go give her ride at noon. So must get going.

Have been working on new web page - will have it up an running in another day and will post new URL.

Only problem is most of pictures I want to post are on DH's computer - so will work on it in the morning before he gets up. Will keep software on both computers so I can work on text on this one and pics on his.

Must get some type of table as working on my lap is not good posture and my back hurts after a couple hours.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:55 am

Nancy wrote:

Did not have to travel to give DD a ride from the car repair place. So now must go give her ride at noon. So must get going.

Have been working on new web page - will have it up an running in another day and will post new URL.

Only problem is most of pictures I want to post are on DH's computer - so will work on it in the morning before he gets up. Will keep software on both computers so I can work on text on this one and pics on his.

Must get some type of table as working on my lap is not good posture and my back hurts after a couple hours.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 am

Mystery wrote:

Got all previous done. Also sorted through/duplicated some more pix. Not as bad as I'd feared, as many were taken when one or the other of the girls had gotten hold of the camera! No, really, the rest of the family isn't in a hurry to see pictures of princesses on TV. :roll:

Still, must check that e-mail!

Time is bearing down on me. I still haven't contacted a friend about the wholesale club, and if we don't go soon, it will bump into pick-up time, and I remembered I have a meeting at church this evening! :shock:

Lack of focus? Lack of consistency? I'm sorry, blessed, but it sounds like you're... SHE! :D

"Ad infinitum" is "to infinity," Dee; "ad nauseam" is "to the point of nausea" -- only you can decide just how much you have! ;)

Looking forward to seeing MT's new web page.

Waving back to Nancy!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:57 am

blessed wrote:

check in 11:17 am
starting to growl... with I don't wannas (I have to remember it will pass and I really don't have anything really that big I can't handle but still watch out stay away from me... :wink:

hi mystery got things done.. great work! (disney princesses picture from tv?) so cute
SOOO TRUE... but I am proud to be a SHE and be with all you wonderful ladies!!! :D :D :D

hi nancy ~~~~waving at you

mt. enjoy your time with dd

hi dee great work getting those dishes done.. do you want to come to my house I haven't even started (be careful in that wind)

worked upstairs (trying to decide whether to help dd12 get caught up with her room and give her a gentle reminder)
I am not changing my sheets today as I don't want to! (I know inner brat :lol: what can I say.

have a good afternoon

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:58 am

Kathryn wrote:

Quick check in.

Did a few things this morning but mainly caught up on my online reading.

Rain stopped.

Went for a walk to the congress hall where we work tomorrow.

Hopped on subway to go downtown for lunch and another walking tour.

Subway stopped at the first station and didn't go. Then went, same thing at next station. Finally made it to where we were to change lines, most people got off. No escalators were working and we got stopped on the stairs - there was confusion and people near the top were turning around and trying to come back down against the crowd. It took 5 minutes to get up the stairs to the mid-level to change lines. There we found out that the trains in the other directions were also stopped. Made it to the surface, figured out where we were and then walked as fast as I could (my back got sore the moment we started walking today.)

Had lunch at the same McD's and then on to the meeting point. This tour was Medieval Madrid and was quite interesting.

From there we walked back to the nearest subway on our line and it was running fine.

I've had my salad and brokbrod and will change quickly for our evening event (presentation by a Japanese company followed by dinner in their suite.)

It is raining again with thunder and lightning. We have to walk to the presentation (no easy subway 3 changes but it is only a 15 minute walk so we'll walk.)

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:59 am

Gramma Carol wrote:

I got some sleep and it is actually 'morning' now instead of the middle of the night am.

BINGO! Mt on the Piggly Winks ;) That line just seems to fit my life right now. Another line from that show I like is "Asking a child to slow down is like asking a cow to do cart wheels"... I like that show, it is sweet and silly.

And can I add 'Canis meus id comedit' to the Latin lesson? It means 'The dog ate it' and when I woke up this morning the dog had been in the diaper bucket... I spoke a bit of blueish about then... HOW?!?! How can they eat diapers and appear to enjoy it?!?!?!? Maybe they just like the icky mess they make. This bucket has a lid AND a big rock sitting on the lid to keep them out and it has worked for the last 3 months but I suspect collusion with the cats may played a role here. After all, we all know cats want to get dogs in trouble at every turning...

I used Photobucket to put the graphics in my post and signature BUT I was asked not to do that because of bandwidth and villagers who use dial up...

My apologies to the Moderators for not asking first :oops:

I really do know better than that. I am the administrative moderator for a big website also so I really have no excuse. :roll: Please forgive me.

Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Blessed!!!!!!!

I think I should get going on the porch now, the sun is peeking through the clouds and the baby is asleep for her morning nap AND DH did not go to aerobics this morning so I can give him a different kind of workout and have him tote & haul for me.

Will check in later!

Edited to add a silly I got in my email just now... Have a laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzZJO3ZRNCo

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:00 am

helia wrote:

1pm ci.

Done: Bible study and lunch.

Carol, I've had that youtube video forwarded to me 2x so far. It is funny and popular! I might send it to my dmom.

I definitely identify with the focus/lack of focus comments. I can amaze myself both directions - by how much I CAN get done in a short amount of time as well as by how little I can accomplish in a large amount of time. :roll:

Got email from the elementary school; there have been 2 confirmed cases of measles at the school. :shock: I guess the vaccinations aren't 100% effective.

I bought a loaf of Pepperidge Farm brown sugar cinnamon swirl bread Monday afternoon. It didn't last 48 hours; Dd9 ate the last piece for b'fast today. It was very popular with my family for b'fast and snacks. It is a small loaf, yes.

I'm drinking water. Will finish my a.m. routine next, then work on teaching for next Thursday. I'll go to the gym after 2; the track is closed 1:30 - 2:00 for cleaning weekdays.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Mystery wrote:

Checked e-mail & called dfriend. Far less to panic about than feared. DSIL is mostly in a hurry for pix of our summer gathering, which I have aplenty. So I think I will stick to the original plan of sending her the stick with her pix & mine; then she can pull off any pix she needs from the gathering, add pix of her new baby :D , and send it to the family in the other direction. Dfriend can't get me to wholesale club today, but we will go tomorrow as soon as all our kids are dropped at school, so I will have juice there before it is needed for afternoon snack.

Remembered I can't go the the meeting at church this evening; I have a wake to attend. (My DM's aunt.) So I e-mailed that I couldn't make it but was still interested in being on the committee.

Had lunch.

Yep, blessed, Disney princesses. Although I think dd might have also gotten one of Barbie in The Island Princess, too! :roll:

{{{Kathryn's back}}} (backrub hugs!) Sorry you have to walk in a rainstorm, though your experiences make it sound like the subway wouldn't be much better even if there was an easy route. :?

(((Carol))) Cleaning up after the dog. I think poopy diapers are even worse than sanitary napkins in that respect. Eww, blech! :P

I'd be curious, helia, whether the cases of measles were due to vaccines failing or due to unvaccinated kids. On the one hand, DSIL the biologist says vaccines are largely trial-and-error, so if they'd gotten a new formulation, it could easily have happened. On the other hand, there has been much speculation about recent years about vaccines, especially the MMR vaccine, having a connection to the increase in autism, so some parents have been rallying against it. Don't know what Michigan's rules are like, but in Ohio, parents can waive any required vaccine based on philosophical objections, not just religious beliefs.

Need to go get the girls now; will go straight from there to my DM's to get some of our meat out of the freezer.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Emptynester wrote:

Web page kinda up to date. Do want to put in some pics of the RV Rally at some date. But here is new URL http://www.mytripjournal.com/EmptynesterTravels

That takes you to home page with two Journals on left side. ( oops - other left - ie. right side) One is Fall 2007 and the other Emptynesters' Travels or something like that - would like to rename that one Spring 2007 but don't know how.

Time for lunch. DD emailed that we don't have to take her to brake shop. It is nice so she and DGD#5 will walk. Day has turned out sunny and warm - no wind - perfect fall day in IL.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Indiana wrote:

Carol there is nothing to apologize for. We are all spreading our wings and testing the board to see what we can and can not do.

We appreciate creativity wanting to use graphics in signature lines and posts. However, not all of our members use DSL for internet service. For those using dial up it is creates slow loading pages, which is frustrating.

It also uses more bandwidth which we are protecting.

Although we have turned on the capability of uploading pictures and graphics, we did that to allow a small picture occasionally.

Thank you Carol for understanding and cooperating.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”