PWYC Wet Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Indiana

PWYC Wet Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:37 am

Kathryn wrote:

As they say

The Rain In Spain
Goes mainly down the drain!

But it sure is noisy on its way there! Our apartment windows are strange, in that they are actually bay windows in a rectangular shape that stick out 2.5 feet from the wall of the building. That means they aren't under any eaves and are being hit hard by the rain as it falls.

Oh well, into every life on the road a little rain must fall. This is the first truly miserable weather day we remember this year. And the places we've visited have had truly miserable weather, just always before or after we visit.

I slept 10 hours last night so am feeling a bit more human today. Have charge my palm pilot and am working on my cell phone now. Both devices will charge off my USB port but in order to do so, my computer must be on. But the wall charger is dual voltage so I dug it out of dh's bag last night so I could charge overnight and still turn off my computer.

As a power saving measure, we must put our hotel room key in a slot by the front door in order to turn the power on to this apartment. That includes all the outlets (except the fridge) so we can't charge things through the day when we are out, we must do it overnight when we are here. Dh ran into that a few nights ago when he left his computer running while we went out to do something and it suspended in the middle of the process because it got low on battery power.

Off to make breakfast and get dressed. I smell.

Indiana

Re: PWYC Wet Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:37 am

Gramma Carol wrote:

*Yawn* Mornin' Kathryn... Buenos Dias... I am headed to bed but popped in to see if anyone was up... should have remembered you were so far ahead of us right now. Don't feel too bad about the weather, it is raining here also. At least you don't have 6 year olds to keep busy indoors while it rains outdoors.

Have a good day everyone who follows.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:38 am

Dee wrote:

Good morning Kathryn & Gramma C. Also wishing all who stroll into the village later -a very good day! :lol:

I'm up and threw on my robe to go to the car to get my coffee mug. (Others in here but this is my favorite). So I'm sipping coffee and perusing here. Have the water heater on so I can s2s and do dishes.

Have LOTS to do today so will make a list in 15 minute increments and see how much I can accomplish. DH and I leave for Hershey, PA in the morning -probably by 7. The last thing to go in will be my laptop so hope to get a chance to peek in here before we leave.

I made reservations for the 'Sight & Sound Millenium Theater' in Strasburg for tomorrow evening -think the show is "In the Beginning". Then Friday evening we have tickets for a Gaither Homecoming Concert in Hershey. We have hotel reservations in Lancaster -made those months ago. Can't wait to get DH away from here for a little bit. He has been working very long hours (and hard work) for some time now. Even in all the rain yesterday. It's supposed to be nice today and very nice while we're in PA -about 82 all weekend.

Actually we both really need to get away for a bit. If only life's 'troubles' would go away too. :cry: There's a lot going on with DD right now and I'm trying very hard not to let it all 'get to me'.

Going to be working on packing and DS's papers for Income Tax today -he has a lot already filed at his house, but I had a lot from the first several months of last year at my house. And until now it hasn't been a priority -but now it's URGENT! :roll: So think I'll do round robins between those two things and spiffing the RV.

BBL to CI and see how the village is coming to life this morning.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:39 am

mamap wrote:

Dee, you certainly have a full day ahead. May you get everything finished in good time. Kathryn, I hope the weather improves where you are. It's supposed to rain some here too and I hope it does, because even though we have had rain in recent weeks it has not been enough to erase the deficit. And yes, Gramma, tell us how you did it! Very cute graphic.

My dfriend is coming this morning for breakfast, fellowship, Bible study and prayer. We usually do this on Thursdays, but tomorrow we have a meeting to attend - an all-morning and lunch affair. 45 minutes away and near where I have to go to have my hearing aids checked. I made an appointment to stop in there and get some tweaking done, as I discovered when I started practicing that the sound was way too loud. I will need to get that taken care of before rehearsals tomorrow night!

After dfriend leaves will practice and hopefully finish spiffing the living room. It is a mess right now - too much going on in one small space!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:40 am

Dee wrote:

First segment done: Made bed, tested bg, weighed, (hmm down a couple of pounds -yay!), s2s, meds and breakfast done.

The sun is shining and I think I will take a short walk first and clear out the cobwebs. At least around the 'short' loop. If I did that a few times a day I would soon get in shape -have decided that my biggest problem is that I AM OUT OF FITNESS. Gotten pretty lazy in that department. Dfriend (who will be here as long as we are) is beginning to get me out and walking again. Have a little difficulty in keeping up with her however. Would really like walking to be a habit again and be able to tell my Dr in a couple of weeks that I am working on it. 8) :lol:

I'll be back to CI in a bit.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:40 am

Emptynester wrote:

Good Morning All.

Cloudy and chilly (50F) here.

Today I work more on the computers - thing there are only a couple things to take off the old computer but then must clean it (electronically - take off software), find system disks and pack it up.

DD might call us for ride home from brake place at 8 - if not will call us for ride back at 12. So I have to get some hustle in my bustle.

Hope you all have a great day.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:42 am

Harriet wrote:

Happy Anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. blessedw2!

Oh, I can hear it now, Carol. "I'm bored. (then after brilliant ideas) I'm still bored" :lol:

Last evening I used Cardfile Central here as another record of my usual evening card sorting just in case anyone was interested in how my mind has to work as I do that. And also to see how another record of it might be helpful to me.

We have our own thread for "Decorate Your Home" now under The Creative Home thanks to Harmony. Very cool! She is the custom drapery expert 8) for sure after fashioning so many for her different windows lately. (Not that I expect her to turn us all into Laura Ashley or anything. No pressure, no pressure :wink: ).

Sitting here with my first pint of water I need to go and confess in H and F that I've been slack on veggies. Dee is out walking and I should probably join her!!!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:43 am

Indiana wrote:

Good morning ladies.

We have the same weather as MT this morning. Cloudy, damp and cool. The rain is heading toward Mystery.

I reconfigured my mornings. Since we opened the new board I come here first after getting dressed for the day. I check through both boards and then do my routines. So far so good.

My routines are finished a little later in the morning but finished with in a time frame that I’m comfortable with.

I’m still working on transferring recipes. I never realized how many we posted. I’m doing one final sweep through.

If there is anything anyone would like to be brought over please let me know. I have gotten fast.

All routines – AM and Wednesdays finished.

Back to moving recipes, desk work, and although I have visited each topic I want to go back through and post.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs blessed.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:44 am

Dee wrote:

9am CI - went for my walk -much longer than I had planned. Ran into a friend as I got to the main drive and she decided she needed to walk too, so ended up going all the way around the 'big' pond. Took me much longer than it used to. I was gone nearly 40 minutes. Used to be able to do that in about 30. It's quite breezy out and just a tad on the cool side, but warming up quickly.

Now I'm going to bring everything in from the car, get the suitcase on the bed and get the dishes done. Then I'll peek back here.

Adding my wishes for a Happy Anniversary, Blessed & Mr. Blessed!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:45 am

Indiana wrote:

I'm loving the avatars and new signature lines.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”