PWYC Thankful Thursday, October 4, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Thankful Thursday, October 4, 2007

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:33 am

Emptynester wrote:

Hello from Amana

Got here and set up camp. Then went to town for lunch (3 pm!!) I was so hungry I could have eaten the centerpiece.

Stopped at a winery and picked up 3 bottles of wine. These are all sweet fruit wines - peach, black raspberry and one called Lover's wine that is a mix of cranberry and plum.

Came home and packed them for the road as I sure wouldn't want them to break.

Now more or less just vegging out for the evening. We have WIFI in the park but no TV so we will read this evening as it isn't worth it to set the dish up for just one night - even if it is a Grey's Anatomy night.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:07 am

bittersweet wrote:

Well.. all errands are done (except Home Depot), and for some inexplicable reason, DD was in a really good mood when I picked her up. She was still in the good mood when she got out of her appointment, and we had a nice drive back to the school, with a stop at WalMart on the way. Since we were running so late, she'd only make the last 20 minutes of her class, and DGS was almost down to his last diaper, I figured we might as well just "git 'er done". :lol:

I was a bit late getting home, so DH and I decided to go to the later movie. Pizza's in the oven, laundry needs flipping, so I guess I'd better get off this thing and move!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:08 am

Ivy wrote:

Hello Everyone, :D I'm thankful today:
1) that my hubby lost 10 Lbs. :D (With is was me! :wink: )
2) that we went early to get groceries, there was no crowd, and we got home quickly.
3) that we found some additional small dishes for our new set and some were on sale. :)
4) that I found 2 18-hour bras in my size! :!: :D
5) that we didn't get caught in a thunderstorm while driving on the freeway. :D :)

Have a nice later afternoon and evening,
Ivy :)

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:09 am

CathyS wrote:

Hi everybody!

Today was a perfect fall day. Leaves fluttering gently to the ground. Blue skies. Hot enough for air conditioning in the van.

When I got home from work last night, I discovered that Mike had totally painted the bathroom and bought a new rod cover, liner and shower curtain and put them up. (Everything is white, which is lovely!)

He had prepped the bathroom, taped everywhere and then cleared it all up before I got home.

I'm thankful that he has recovered from that broken ankle enough to do all that and go golfing the next day.

Other than that... I don't have anything to do. The dishes have all been done (before he went golfing) and the house is clean.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:10 am

Nancy wrote:

Welcome Ivy & CathyS.

EN what state are you in now?

I've been working on getting the counter in the laundry room
cleared off so I can fold clothing or what ever in there.
I have it half done now yea!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:11 am

Emptynester wrote:

We are in the middle of Iowa. Will be here tomorrow night, too, and then get to DH's home town in South Dakota by Saturday.

I have to get my new driver's license as mine expires in Feb. NOT going to SD in Feb - but we can get them 6 months early. So will get it and see family at the same time. I have sister and cousins there and DH has lots of aunts, uncles and cousins.

After that we will scoot thru Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma before turning west thru New Mexico and Arizona. We hope to be on our lot by Nov. 1.

We will spend some time in Santa Fe, NM and in the 4 corners area of NM, AZ, CO and UT.

Almost time for bed here. Getting sleepy. Think I will take a shower and read in bed for awhile.

Nity nite.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:12 am

lucylee wrote:

(((BIG HUGS))) for Peeper's dd & family for the loss of dkitty...
And I am sooo glad to see you back, Peeper!!!

Now if only JusSue would let us know she is okay...

I love the new boards... must say, you all did a great job keeping us comfortable! You know, I don't like change AT ALL... but this is great. I MUST find an avatar I like, though...

(((Harriet))) for letting ds edge out of the nest a little. Though 4 miles is not like 4 hours, or 4 days away... still, I know it will be hard to see him move out. DS here -- 24 later this month (how can that be possible???) :shock: -- is still here but he is staying busy. 4 days away last week for festival, spending 3 days away this week... Career is progressing, slowly but surely...

HELLO to EVERYONE!!!
Please forgive rushed post. This week is just crazy. Students have been crazy... I have been crazy. One big problem w/teaching is that when you take a day off, you're not really "off." It's not like you can just lock your office and everything will be there waiting when you return. First, you have to get your own substitute, or at least, we do at our school -- and I'm glad, b/c I wouldn't want just anybody, if I have a choice. Second, if you have any sense of responsibility about you at all, you have to make sure you have left enough work that students will stay busy and not drive substitute out of her mind. And third, you have to make sure you grade all that stuff, so students will know you're not just bluffing the next time you miss a day.
* sigh *
It's like this -- for every day you miss, you spend two days preparing and recovering from your "vacation."
So -- after taking two days off last week I have been in recovery mode all week.
And off to the ballgame tomorrow. :?

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”