PWYC Thankful Thursday, October 4, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Thankful Thursday, October 4, 2007

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:21 am

Gretchen wrote:

Oh, zombie mode is tough, Sadie. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Waves to all. I think you'll be a great booth babe, Kathryn!

My day will be spent helping out my son with speech team stuff. I'm entering information in Excel for him. He is absolutely snowed under with homework, class presentations, studying for tests and the SAT on Saturday, etc. He has so much speech team stuff one of his friends volunteered to help him which was so nice of him. I'm doing it instead, though.

So back to Excel I go. I'll pop in later.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:22 am

helia wrote:

Had coffee w/ dfriend this a.m. after dropping off ds, went to moms group at church, came home and had lunch. Travel clinic has called and said they might have enough Japanese Encephalitis vaccine to finish our immunizations after all and maybe we could come in this afternoon. :? OK, I find that a LITTLE irritating. They're asking us to drop 5 schedules in order to deal with their lack of organization?? Grrr...... I've asked dh to call them back. He's coming home anyway, apparently.

Next:
-finish a .m. routine - make bed, reclaim kitchen, update laundry. . .

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:23 am

Peeper wrote:

Kind of a sad day here; dd's kitty was killed last night by two big black dogs who suddenly appeared in the backyard around midnight. Dd could see what was happening, but the dogs were so large and vicious, she was aftaid to head out into the night with two little girls in the house and her dh on the road. Anyway, my dh went up and buried dkitty this morning, but it's hard on their little family...

It's been a dark and gloomy day. Lots of rain on and off.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:24 am

bittersweet wrote:

Didn't take long to get that round done (surprise, surprise! :lol: ). However, DH got up, wanted coffee, and now wants to chat. :roll: OK .. got him and dpup out the door for a walk. Laundry has been flipped, a phone call made (and another one dealt with), and a large Rubbermaid tub moved out of the living room to the basement.

DD's appt has been rescheduled for half an hour later, so I have an extra few minutes to do at least one more round. After I drop her off, I'll stop by WalMart to pick up some cases of water - they have 24-500ml bottles on for $3!

Next round looks something like this:

- bag up stuff for Klothes Kloset at DD's school
- take trash to dumpster
- vacuum living room
- clear off computer desk
- print off new zone sheets for CJ

If I move quick, I may be able to squeeze in a coffee/Pogo break before I have to leave! 8)

(((Peeper))) It's never easy to lose a pet :cry:

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:25 am

bittersweet wrote:

Wheeeeeeeeee!!! Got all that done AND swiped the bathroom and made the bed and paid a bill! :lol: I decided that I should have a bite of lunch instead of another cup of coffee, and chat with a friend instead of playing Pogo. Have to leave right away though.

Errands:

Pick up DD for appt
Drop off stuff for Klothes Kloset
Return DD to school
WalMart for water
Home Depot for deep freeze

I may be back later this afternoon for a bit.. DH and I are going to a movie - The Brave One.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:27 am

Indiana wrote:

Kathryn yes this is a thankful Thursday.

I am thankful for so many things. One of them is my own bed. Another one is the beautiful day we are having. It is a beautiful fall day. The temps are summer like but still a fall day.

MT I hope your move went well. I looked at your journal and your Dgd are all so cute and pretty.

Harriet I love your Eeyore with your blue font. It goes so well together. ((Harriet)) for changes with Ds22 moving out. It will be a good experience before he gets married to live on his own.

Nancy I agree it is hard to sleep when the room is hot.

((SuzLew)) what eating plan are you following? Weight Watchers or exchanges or carbs or does your dietician have you on something else?

Bittersweet they are in the avatar gallery on comic 2. Please tell us in Outdoor Spaces and Gardens what you are doing in your garden getting ready for winter.

((Sadie)) I hope your day gets better.

((Gretchen)) you are such a good mom.

helia definitely irritating when a clinic isn’t organized enough to tell if they have enough serum.

((Peeper)) that is sad.

Way to go bsweet you are on a roll. Let us know how the movie was.

I have been enjoying my day getting a lot of little things and this and that done puttering.

I’m off to putter some more before Dh gets home.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:28 am

Debmasterx wrote:

I do have so much to be thankful for, even when so many things are not going right. Especially all the things we take for granted. Like hot water at the turn of a faucet; likewise, water that we can drink right out of the faucet. And I know I take my good health for granted.

Anyway, I'm not home much today either. Kids to school, work kids home from school, kids to their activities, teach mid-week kids group at church, home by 8:30 or so.

Way to go, getting all that stuff done. Later.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:29 am

helia wrote:

Hehehehe. I'm playing with the avatars. I was going to choose Tigger, and then I saw that Nancy is already using him.

I've done my quick work out (30 min. on precor machine, arm machine, and back exercises) and have picked up dd11 and ds from school. I called re: LL Bean exchange but forgot to bring the shoes (for dd11) to the post office to return. Will have to do that tomorrow. . I'm snacking on low-cal popcorn.

Next:
-gather snack items for dd9
-get ds and dd11 to get their music stuff together
-gather books for myself for in the car
-go pick up dd9
-go to violin/piano lessons 4:15 - 5:30

Dh is cooking tonight - Indian curry as we learned to make it at the Indian cooking class this summer. Yum! He has invited a young couple from our church small group to join us, but it is not clear if they can. No, the house is not clean. :roll: It will have to be good enough, though.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:30 am

Kathryn wrote:

Long day and I don't have the energy to post.

The symposium was successful in a way but not well attended. I had a wonderful day with the wife of one of dh's co-workers on UBL. I worked for as long as necessary and then we went out to shop and ate ice cream since we were temporarily misplaced. Ice cream helped us find our way back.

Both of us are suffering from the strange mealtimes but she's used her apartment to cook dinner for the last two nights and ate around 6. I envy her not having to go out like I did!

Tonight was a closing dinner held in a private dining room at the congress centre. The food was very good but it was another late dinner.

Dh and I walked back to the apartment for a few minutes (to drop off our computers) and phoned ds to remind him of his dental appointment today. Then we walked back to join a meeting at a bar of a new group forming around this technology. I might have been present at the forming of a new company today, only time will tell. On our walk back to the flat after dinner, dh and I discussed and we don't want to join the new company but may end up investing in it if they can overcome inertia and actually get a business plan (aside from the napkin that was sketched on today) together.

I've met so many wonderful people this week my mind is buzzing.

And I heard so much information today (and last night) my mind is buzzing over that too. Just need to figure out if there is a way to make money off this in the near future. Poor dh is ready to give up our 'bread and butter' and work with this new technology but it isn't mature enough yet to pay the bills. On the other hand, the old technology is just reaching its peak and that's why he's suddenly in demand for that. But he's bored with it. Oh well, life is like that.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:32 am

Nancy wrote:

It's warmed up here
I have the heat off
and the windows open for a breeze.
Had a walk between rain showers it was great!

Duds & dishes are current pretty much any way.
I have a plan for dinner.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”