PWYC Thankful Thursday, October 4, 2007

Indiana

PWYC Thankful Thursday, October 4, 2007

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:57 am

Kathryn wrote:

I'm sure you all have a lot to be thankful for.

For me, it is mainly that I get to go home in 48 hours. I know I shouldn't wish away my trip, but I'm tired and I really miss a bed that restores me. The bed here is just passable (I've had worse but there are better beds too.) The food is also very foreign and I'm looking forward to home.

We didn't get wet last night. It rained in neither direction of the walk.

The meeting last night was with one of the sponsors of the symposium today. They have integrated the technology into their product and wanted to show dh the progress they have made since they last presented to him in December. But it was mainly social. This is a Japanese firm so I often find such evenings difficult but last night was quite easy.

The lead engineer has known dh for years and lives in Palo Alto so his English is very good. The European leader is a Brit so no problem there. Two of the other engineers have good work English but not social English so they sat quietly and the last guy had excellent English but only joined us for the meal.

As the only woman in the room, the room service staff thought I was in charge of the meal which was amusing. And not a one of us spoke a word of Spanish and they had no English so we just kept saying Si to them until they'd leave! Eventually I did end up serving because it just seemed like the right thing to do (I was in conflict, culturally it is my role in Japan and it is also my role in my life but I was a guest so I didn't know if I should still take on that role.) Part of it was that I had watched Paella being served at the restaurant a few days ago so at least knew how to do it.

I've tried so many new foods on this trip that I long for my own kitchen. Actually, I'm craving Stouffers lasagna. Each day I've been having McDonalds McNuggets for 'lunch' (if that is what you call the meal at 3:30) in order to have some protein each day that doesn't make my stomach flip. And eating salad in the apartment at 6ish in order to fill me up before uncertain dinners. I've had jamon for three nights in a row now. Sigh...

Today is the Symposium. We expect 140 attendees to learn about the new technology from a dozen speakers. There will be translation services and booths from sponsors. Since our company is a sponsor, I'm a booth babe today.

So it is insanely early (for Spain) and I need to get out of here in 20 minutes.

I'll check in much, much, later today, if at all. It really depends on how the day goes and what plans are made for me in the evening (currently it is open but that can change.)

Indiana

Re: PWYC Thankful Thursday, October 4, 2007

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:58 am

blessed wrote:

good morning dkathryn

before I forget hello to all from yesterday afternoon.. I tried posting a individual lengthy hello but my computer laughed at me and erased it all while trying to post... so just want you all know I am thinking of you.
(dee for your ddil and ds and for growing pains of dgd17) thank Goodness it doesn't last forever. saying my prayers for them all)

kathryn so happy you get a chance to go home soon...my dd18 traveled with school groups and now being away for school she comes home on weekends (I thought to see us :lol: ) but she misses her sleep in her bed!
I smiled when you mentioned they thought you were in charge of the meal.. funny how home never leaves even in business.
have fun being a "booth babe" I like that have a great day.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:59 am

Dee wrote:

I'm not even going to cuop. We're leaving for PA momentarily. Just want to say good morning and I'll try to ci tonight. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:01 am

Indiana wrote:

Good morning to all who follow and to those that peek in just to read.

Kathryn it does sound like you are ready to go home.

blessed thank you for my first chuckle of the day...

blessed wrote:I tried posting a individual lengthy hello but my computer laughed at me and erased it

I'm sorry you lost your post but that is a great way to put it. Are you ready for our hot weather this weekend?

Dee I know you are on your way but if you check in this evening I hope you had a nice drive.

To those that peek in why don't you join us. Start in any thread that interests you.

Routines are finished for the morning - both AM and Thursday. I did part of Thursday late yesterday afternoon.

Today is desk work, computer work, and puttering.

When I finish in PWYC I'm going to walk the paths and visit the different threads.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:02 am

Emptynester wrote:

Good morning All.

Being in my own bed is why we pull ours around with us. I need to have the familiar with me and after I close the door - I'm in my house - only the outdoors changes. (For those who don't know - DH and I don't have a house - we travel in an RV all the time)

Speaking of beds - I slept very well last night. I didn't think I would as shoulder was really hurting before bed. But I just hugged my little pillow and it gave enough support that I dropped off and slept thru the night.

Today we move - to Amana, IA. The sun is out, don't see any clouds, and the RV park tonight has WIFI. That will be good as we are only stopping one night and we won't have to do the satellite dish.

HUGS!!

Hope you all have a great day.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:03 am

Harriet wrote:

Family launched, first pint of water, S2S.

Tadas from last evening - drug store run for my parents, phone chat with dcousin Mary as she did some of her less active caregiving.

Ds22 came to me to talk about a potential plan for moving out. Perhaps 2nd week of Nov. Two fellows he's known through work, a dispatcher and a policeman not much older than he, will be roommates in the policeman's sister's house 4 miles away after she marries and moves. They have asked ds to be their 3rd roommate. There are pluses and minuses, especially because it's made sense to stay here, as a single guy who only sleeps at home every 3rd night. He would rent, not own, but he wouldn't have to buy much. They have furniture, tv, etc. It does answer his hope that he would at least be out on his own for a while before marrying. Even though he's not engaged (yet - ?), he says he doesn't want to stay in his childhood home until marriage, and I can see that. Dh and I are wistful, dd9 will hate it.

Up next - Need to strip my bed and wash linens. Healthy brunch - there's a nectarine with my name on it. Today is a day off exercise.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:04 am

Nancy wrote:

Good morning every one!
I figured out one of the reasons we did not sleep well the other night ~
We forgot to turn down the heat!
I'm up on time today yea!!!

Need to wash sheets here today too.
Writing and my reading day today.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:05 am

SuzLew wrote:

I have been up since 7:30am and cuop from yesterday as I was MIA!

This morning "Pugsley" is going for a professional bath and furmenating- he is such a shedder for a short haired dog!! Asked dh to take him so I can start cleaning!!

Want to go room by room spiffing up this place!! The office where I am is such a mess!!

Dh and I took dgrandsons 7 and 4 to dgrs/7 soccer practice then we dropped them at there home for dgrs/15 to babysit as dd/35 and Dsil were out to dinner for their 9th anniversary!

Dh and I went to TOPS where I brought raffle basket and won it!! I gained 3 pounds and dh lost 2 I am so "tired" of my weight!! New day
today so plan for better eating, exercising and writing everything down and less "eating out"!! which I think was my downfall this last week!

Off to S/S eat oatmeal, spiffy livingroom!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:08 am

bittersweet wrote:

Honestly.. these site mods and their ever so cool Disney Avatars!! :lol: Where on earth did you find them??

I can see the new village is absolutely bustling with energy and enthusiasm. Although I haven't been posting, I have been somewhat busy - gardening (getting everything ready for winter), playing with DGS, and walking with the dog. Every now and then, I try to fit in a little housework or homework, but the other things are SO much more fun! :P

DD and DGS are off to school (he goes to his dad's tonight), and I have a couple of hours before I need to pick DD up for her appointment this afternoon, so I'm going to spend the morning DOING HOUSEWORK!!! No more excuses!

First up:

get laundry started
put away clean dishes
clean cat box
take out trash
hotspots in living room

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:20 am

Sadie wrote:

good morning ladies,

Feeling a bit tired today so not moving too fast.

Kathryn I hope your day is going smootly and you can get home to your bed.

The brain is a bit frazzled right now too.

Working in zombie mode.

Have a great day.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”