PWYC Finally Friday, Oct 5, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Finally Friday, Oct 5, 2007

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Twins Mom wrote:

I didn't realize that haircut for dd, stopping by my office, and getting groceries would take so long. We just got home and I've put away groceries, but we will need to be heading out in about an hour to go to temple tonight. I still need to s2s, also. DD called and invited a friend to go with us tonight and ds is also taking a friend, who will spend the night.

I did a quick CUOP since I posted last and am waving at Kathryn (I agree with your decision not to try to locate wrong dates but to fix it going forward at this point, BTW) and SuzLew with her pedometer (I wore mine one day last week when I walked 30 minutes in addition to activities of daily living, and I easily had over 10,000 steps) and Mystery (love the nap for you yesterday!) and Indiana (I also love the recipe card; what is morge file?).

Will head off for quick s2s, then need to get ds into shower too.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Indiana wrote:

Twins www.morguefile.com is like a morgue file of a newspaper with all kinds of pictures. Some color and some black and white.

They are free to use for non-commercial purposes. I use them for the header I change monthly on my blog. I also have a recipe file card box I use on my blog provider. This month the header on my blog is pumpkins. The recipe card came from there too.

I did a quick search for genealogy (only 4 choices and only 1 was ok) and scrapbooks. There were a lot more pictures for scrapbooks.

They have every kind of picture you can imagine.

I used a photo editor to size it for the avatar.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:48 pm

SuzLew wrote:

Husband of lady ordering popcorn came to pick up about the time dd/35 and dgr/4 arrived!

I cleared of kitchen table and dosey doed laundry twins but need to get busy in kitchen again!

I also paid bills online.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Harmony wrote:

Hello! I tried to get here last evening but DH then needed the long distance line. We have a couple lines in this house but this is the only one with long distance. We both have cells, too, but he was waiting for a call in. Sounds like we are in the dark ages here, doesn't it!

(Harriet) your DS moving out reminded me of when my oldest DD went off to college. I was a basket case and kept going into the stock room at work to dry my tears.

(Peeper) what an awful thing to witness. Poor dear kitty.

Glad to hear Kathryn is going home to her own bed. And her own kitchen and food and time schedule. I just don't know how she does it!

Waving to everyone... (we need a wave symbol!)

Yesterday I had a chiropractor appointment early (just routine) and I was running around gathering up all my things for errands later...went to a couple banks, a couple stores, and the old house to work on a few things. It felt so familiar to have a day of errands/work to do and a time schedule. I actually liked it.

Today I went back to the old house and finished up some things. I've been touching up some paint things, like silver on the shower curtain rod holders which had lost their finish, etc. Polishing brass doorknobs. Tweaking out the house! And I did a lot of gardening work over there. Everything looks pretty good except I need to go back and hose out the lanai.

The new site sure looks nice!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:51 pm

helia wrote:

Oh, I forgot about the kitty episode in Peeper's Dd's life. ((HUGS)) How awful. :sad:

True confessions. .. . I ate a LOT of cookie dough this afternoon. :shock: I don't know what came over me!? PMS? I did work out, got my 1.33 mile jog in and back exercises, but still. .. It was a lot of cookie dough. :roll: Well, now you all know about the real me! LOL!

Dh, dgirls, and I wandered around campus tonight and found a little middle Eastern eatery where we all grabbed pitas. Mine wasn't the greatest, but dh and dd11's were really good. On the way home in the car, dd11 and dd9 were having a long and involved conversation about their friends and how well their various friends pick up on the feelings of others, how the friends respond to those feelings, how they (dd9 and dd11) respond to them, and how sometimes they respond one way when they really feel a different way, etc. etc. I leaned over to dh and asked if we would be hearing this conversation in such depth if we had 2 boys the same age in the back of the car. (I'm sure that is stereotyping. . . shame on me!) LOL!

Dd9, with help from dd11, is in the middle of making snickerdoodles for her field hockey team tomorrow. It is her turn to bring snack. . I need to get her to stop and shoo the girls toward bed. Dh has fallen asleep on the sofa.

Tomorrow night, I think dd11 is sleeping over at her friend's house and dd9 has a friend sleeping over here. We're taking the dfriend to church small group with us in the evening. Ds comes home from his retreat at 9:45. . . .

I am so tired. It's not clear if I will need to get up early to make more cookies tomorrow; the recipe made a very small batch. The game is at 10.

Thinking of Harriet's ds moving out and how strange that must be. Walking around campus, I was struck by how YOUNG the students look! Then, I realized that ds is only 5 years from all this. Waaah!!!!

Harmony is right. We do need a wave symbol!

Alright. Enough from me. . . Good night SHEs.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Nancy wrote:

I had a great day today
found a sweet deal on some
lights for the job site!

Had granny duty tonight.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”