PWYC Saturday, Oct 6, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Saturday, Oct 6, 2007

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:11 am

SuzLew wrote:

Looks like I will be running to keep up with TWINS today! I have been us since 6:30 am printing kettle corn labels for dh and getting him out the door! Watching programs on Dvr that only I like to empty some and make room for more recording! Loaded dishwasher and it is running and dh brought in 3 boxes of pots and pans , dishes drom motorhome so need to wash and decide what to keep! ( want to run some through dishwasher!)

Need to:
Make bed
fold dryer towel load and put away
dosy doe washer/dryer with new load in washer
recycle newspaper stack

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:12 am

SuzLew wrote:

Need to:
X Make bed
X fold dryer towel load and put away
dosy doe washer/dryer with new load in washer
recycle newspaper stack

I made bed, cleared dh's nightstand, folded towels and put away then hips and back were aching bad so had to sit down! Will rest 10 then start again! DAD (dear adopted daughter/29 is bringing DAGRD dear adopted grand daughter over to visit in and hour or two

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:13 am

Twins wrote:

Hey SuzLew, glad someone's here to work with me awhile!

This time:
-swish and swipe both upstairs bathrooms
-make bed
-put away large basket of laundry that I just filled, and partially filled basket that never got put away this week
-swish and swipe downstairs bathroom
-clean up "hot" kitchen counter

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:13 am

Mystery wrote:

Lost a post earlier.

I think I will have to join you, Twins and Suz! Goodness knows I have plenty to do around here.

The forecast said it might reach 90° today; thankfully, it seems to be just in the low 80's, but I'm still in the "oasis." The girls are playing upstairs; I hope they're not making too much of a mess.

DH is out at the Scout camp; they're having a work weekend. I hope the heat isn't making it too outrageous.

Not sure when he's getting home, but we're going to a clambake tonight. For whatever reason, clambakes are something of an October tradition in the Cleveland area, despite there being no clams in Lake Erie.

Guess I will start by filling a sink for dishes, then starting a load of wash.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:14 am

bittersweet wrote:

I really did go back to sleep earlier - didn't get up until around 7:45 or so when I heard DGS hollering for his breakfast. He's not normally here on Saturdays, but it seems his dad injured his ankle rather seriously playing football yesterday. We're not sure if it's broken or badly sprained, but either way, he wasn't going to be able to chase after the one we now call "Jet-propelled baby" :lol: He's out for a walk with Mommy at the moment (she's still recovering from yesterday's 'incident' with his stroller rolling onto the road and tipping over - baby's fine :roll: ). DH is sleeping, DS is still sleeping, and dpup wants to go for a walk.

I've been somewhat productive so far today.. clean dishes put away, the rest of the floor washed, bathroom swiped, bathroom floor washed, DD and DGS's laundry brought down, garbage brought down, cat box cleaned, trash bagged up and outside, got dressed, took meds, had lunch, made lunch for DGS, played some Pogo, and harassed dkitties with a laser penlight. :lol:

I think I'll take the pup for a walk first and take some pics of the fall colours, although I'm not sure what's left after the howling wind we had last night. When I get back, I'll:

- clear dining room table
- vacuum living room
- dust living room
- start first load of laundry
- mount at least 3 specimens for plant ID

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:57 am

Twins Mom wrote:

Hey Mystery! Glad to see you! It's warm here today, too. A/C is back on and I'm sweating going about my work.

I've finished that round and am ready to change directions; I'm going to move the bookcase for the playroom (for my genealogy books and some scrapping stuff) to the screened porch and work out there on staining it. It's in the garage now, but the garage is so dusty and infiltrated with dog hair that I hesitate to stain wood out there. And from reading the directions, I have to "condition" the wood first, then stain a couple of hours later.

Game plan for tomorrow:
-paperwork challenge
-kitchen zone
-Monday weeklies
-copy or scan some genealogy info that I need to send to someone

Editing to wave at Bittersweet, too!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:58 am

helia wrote:

Lots of work going on here. I mean here on this thread, not necessarily in my domicile. :wink:

I heard back from a couple emails; dfriend in Philly is excited that I'll be joining her for the weekend later this month! And dfriend in Chicago is arriving late Monday (so we can have young couple over for dinner that night) but is not sure how long she'll stay if her dh needs to be out of town that week. . . I called dfriend (from young couple mentioned above) about coming over for dinner Monday evening so that is set up. :) This dfriend is 8.75 months pregnant :!: and has a 3 year old. She is in the church moms group.

I have done my a.m. routine, put a 2nd lol in the machine, set up another bill to pay online (I hate doing this but dh is OK with it and it seems the easiest way to pay bills here while we're in Australia), paid a couple bills, put internet ordered shoes to be returned in the mail, and am working on my teaching. Dh and girls are home; dd11 has mowed the front yard and practiced her violin. Dh is putting shades up in dd11's bedroom.

I'm off to work more on teaching. .

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:00 am

Harriet wrote:

Good job on the walk, Peeper, both the activity and the charity.

Twins is having an ideal day, I believe. Arts/crafts show goodies, zinnias (wonderful, aren't they?), and creativity painting-staining furniture.

Well, I'm glad, Indiana. I imagine you needed to catch up on some sleep, and partly due to much tidying around here.

Mystery, we'll have a 90 degree day Monday - isn't it strange? I certainly can't put up dd's summer clothes yet.

helia, I just printed out a return form for ds22's internet-ordered shoes!

Hope the visit is a lot of fun, SuzLew.

What an unusual problem, Kathryn. Didn't realize until this a.m. (too late) but dd27's dfriend spent a summer in Madrid and shared a lot of the experience wiith dd before. She had also gravitated toward McDonalds. Dd27 also says thanks for the Nancy Drew knowledge.

LOL, yes helia will be awakening bittersweet for sure in the future - or maybe posting with lucylee? Glad to hear everything is fine with tumbling and jet-propelled dgs, bittersweet.

Yesterday's TaDas - Dh and I continue to get a lot done on the priorities we set. Yesterday we bought a new set of 3 Panasonic digital phones with audio caller ID. We also bought 2 new light fixtures and installed them together in about an hour. Otherwise, with a Target run-through, we checked off several smaller "must buy" items, including a new doormat for our re-do of my parents' back porch and a new porch broom. Back here at home, I grabbed the old porch broom and went over our own front porch with it!

Today's happenings - A really intense Apron Day with dd9. She's wearing her green paisley full apron, btw! :) We've put in several hours in her room and at least another hour around the house in a declutter, and have two kitchen-sized bags ready for the cans. Fielded calls from dd27 and dcousin.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:01 am

Mystery wrote:

Filled sink. Started a load of wash. Have not actually washed any dishes yet, but I fetched mail & found bill for home-equity line, so I paid that. Wash should be ready to flip soon.

helia wrote: This dfriend is 8.75 months pregnant
So she might be coming for dinner on Monday, huh? ;)

Will now wash at least some of the dishes & flip wash.

Added 5:10 --

Wash flipped; had to do a lot of pretreating of girls' stuff. Put away clean dishes from dish drainer; washed 20 dishes. DH called to say he was on his way. At least it looks like the load in the dryer (which includes the clothes I want to wear to the clambake) will be ready in time.

Going to do more dishes.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:02 am

helia wrote:

Hehehe! YOu're right, Mystery! In fact, dfriend would be very happy if she could not come over for dinner Monday night. For one thing, that would put her in an air conditioned hospital! She was joking (half) when she told me that. They just put away their a/c units. (Must have window units?) The heat has been very hard for her.

Laundry flipped; progress on teaching - a bit more. Dd9's sleepover date has shown up. The ddad is driving dd11 to her sleepover as it is not far from his house. Dh is out having coffee with a friend, but we need to leave NOW for small group. I guess we'll be a little late.

Next:
-try to write down rough outline of first part of teaching, just the macro-concepts.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”