PWYC Saturday, Oct 6, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Saturday, Oct 6, 2007

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:04 am

Indiana wrote:

Kathryn it is good to see you are getting closer to home. Are you doing Thanksgiving in your home Monday?

Cool website helia. Wow that is not a good thing leaving the girls early. I know it was only 10 minutes and late on top of it.

Sadie, have a great day at work.

Peeper I hope you had a wonderful walk.

Twins your dish soap dispenser sounds pretty. Mine it an ear of corn of clear glass. The husk is tinted and the kernels are clear and turn yellow when I put the yellow dish soap in.

Mystery we are almost 90˚ here today and tomorrow. I am probably nuts making chili but I have been hungry for chili and with the air conditioning on it will be fine. I have both simmering on the stove. Dh doesn’t like mine and I don’t like his so I make two different kinds. They both are similar with just the spices and some tomato products different.

Bsweet you have been productive today.

I continue to love the word tidy Harriet. I have changed my pick up at night to tidy. It fits better. I don’t have much to pick up except Jakes toys but do more of a tidy. I put the pillows back on the couch and chairs that he has moved. I’ll tidy the kitchen – putting a stray glass or plate in the dishwasher.

I also like getting all the little things done as you did today. I feel so good when finished.

Mystery enjoy your clambake.

I’m going to putter around our board for a while.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:05 am

Mystery wrote:

I totally understand your friend's remark, helia! dd was born in late July, and I joked that the reason I broke my ankle was b/c she wasn't coming, and I wanted to get into the air-conditioned hospital!

Washed 30 more dishes & dried/put away all 50.

DH is home now. I need to look for a check I misplaced so I can deposit it into our checking account; otherwise the check we have to write for the clambake will take the account precariously low. Then I'll get changed.

Have a good evening, all!

(How's that staining coming, Twins?

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:06 am

Emptynester wrote:

We are safe and sound in DH's hometown - but not at the citypark. It was full. We are at the Chevy dealership - friend of DH's.

Haven't COP but will later. Just wanted to let you know we are off the road.

More of the story later.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:11 am

Twins Mom wrote:

Okay, the first round of stain is on the bookcase. I need to go back to the hardware store this evening, tho, for steel wool before the next round, which should be tomorrow a.m.

Dd's friend is here to spend the night - turns out she only likes "pizza without the sauce" so she's getting cheese bread.

I'm signing off here for now and heading upstairs to stamp - altho I may come back through later when I do p.m. routine.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:11 am

Indiana wrote:

I just put a poll in "Across the Cafe Table".

We would appreciate it if you would respond.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:12 am

SuzLew wrote:

Need to:
X Make bed
X fold dryer towel load and put away
X dosy doe washer/dryer with new load in washer
X recycle newspaper stack
X cut out baby coupons for DAD/29

Baby GRD came to visit with smiles!! DD/29 came with her BF Sam. then DD/29 friend and wife arrived. Then Dsonil called to see when dgrsons/4,7 and 15 could come over as they are spending the night!

Dgrs/15 wants computer so will be back later!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:13 am

Kathryn wrote:

Hello from Toronto!

We are making our way home on schedule. In fact, our flight from Frankfurt was 30 minutes early but there is no earlier connecting flight so we have 2 hours in the lounge.

I'm eating chips, cookies and drinking pop. Dh offered me dinner but I wasn't hungry enough but I'm in a snacking mood.

We did get upgraded so enjoyed an excellent dinner.

My suitcase popped a second zipper, this time on the outside pocket (the pull tabs are catching on something and breaking right off.) Luckily I had the strap on and that cinched the contents of that pocket (including my Tilley Hat and my Swiss Army credit card knife) in place. We moved the stuff to dh's outside pockets.

At this point, I'd advising people not to buy Samsonite. This is not rough handling by the airline, this is poor zipper construction combined with poor design (which makes the zippers more exposed.)

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:14 am

Dee wrote:

Good Evening from PA. FINALLY -I have been able to get online. DH has been asking me for 2 days so he could read about a fatal accident up home - he knew this guy and wanted to see what the paper said. I just couldn't get on and have NO idea why I'm finally on -just suddenly happened! :roll:

DH volunteered to drive a vehicle back home for friends (they buy autos at auction in Manheim, PA). So he's leaving early tomorrow morning and then I'm going to drive up when I get around. We've been very busy here and done several things.

Went to the Gaither Homecoming concert last night. Went to see "In the Beginning" at the Sight & Sound Millenium Theater. Quite a production. It was terribly foggy coming home last night from Hershey, PA. We got somewhat lost in Lancaster, PA -have a Garmin, but it obviously was not recognizing one-way streets. DH & I were driving separate cars at this point. It was very frustrating. But my theory is we'll never remain lost 'forver'! :wink: Would have been easier to find my way out if I hadn't been trying to keep track of him too and talking to him on the cell phone.

I will try to cuop tomorrow if I can manage to get online. I am thoroughly perplexed on why I'm now 'on'. :roll:

Kathryn, did see that you're on your way back home & in Toronto. Good rest of trip to you. See you all tomorrow.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:15 am

CathyS wrote:

Ah! I missed her! I could have PMed you my phone number so we could have said hello... Oh well. I'm tired tonight. I worked all day. The really nice thing about wheelchair customers is that they are so thankful for their rides. Makes for a great Thanksgiving. I have spent the past 3 days at work thanking or being thanked.

I have (seriously) 3 weeks worth of laundry to do tomorrow. I missed last weekend due to hanging out with my best friend for the entire day on Saturday.

I will be up bright and early tomorrow. Maybe. :wink: (I've been up since just after 3 a.m. because I was in bed asleep before 7 p.m. on Friday) Wow! Aren't I JUST the party animal??? :lol: (Another myth busted)

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:16 am

Harriet wrote:

Feeling some relief to see "Toronto" and "PA" from Kathryn and Dee respectively, and "safe and sound" from Emptynester, though things don't sound as settled as she'd like.

Indiana's post did not jog my memory :oops: on who had put the word "tidies" into my head, so I did a search on the other board to give credit where credit is due!

"I was impressed with SheC2C's "tidies" of various rooms last week (or 2 ago) and the word has been on my mind. A "Tidy" seems to be a pleasant, calm, cleaning/straightening - something that's ongoing and on-time rather than frantic or wearisome! Gives me the impression of knowing exactly what the aim is, and exactly how to get there." - me in Aug

Took the accumulated trash to cans and then on over to my parents' with new doormat, swept down porch top to bottom (dd did enough of this to earn a dollar from her grandfather) and placed the new mat, which my mom likes because "it doesn't try to SAY anything". (and to think, dh wanted to buy the "Wipe Your Paws" one!) Left dd there to hang out with her grandfather and took all their trash.

While standing out in the dark with the trash, here comes dh in the other car and had me leave mine there. He took me to the convenience store to buy "movie treats" (I get Raisinettes) and then back home for the pilot episode of Leave it to Beaver. I have been talking about it all week (TV Land special) because I wanted to see June's first apron! It was fun. (She wore a dark solid with braid trim as best I could tell! Half apron of course, her trademark. Yes, pearls.)

Back to pick up dd, my parents tell me they never watched June, because we didn't get a tv until several years after that first episode in '57.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”