PWYC Saturday, Oct 6, 2007

Indiana

PWYC Saturday, Oct 6, 2007

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Kathryn wrote:

Hello from Germany!

We are at Frankfurt already and you sleepy heads haven't even started a thread yet!

Indiana

Re: PWYC Saturday, Oct 6, 2007

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:59 pm

bittersweet wrote:

Geez, Kathryn .. it's not even 6am here yet! LOL hush! :P

*tosses a pillow at Kathryn and rolls over*

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Peeper wrote:

I'm waiting for my ride (dd and I are participating in the American Walk for Diabetes this morning). I have no idea how much "walking" we'll be doing, but I think it's about 5 miles. This afternoon is another Georgia Southern football game so that will be fun (or not!) so a full day is planned.

Thank you for all the kind words about poor dkitty. It WAS tramatic! Everything about it was awful and unfortunatley dd, dgrand-daughter, I and dh all had a part in it. Well, life goes on and we'll have to put it behind us. Still it makes me angry that some people are so cavalier about letting their big dogs out to run amok.

A good day to all!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Kathryn wrote:

Travel has gone ok so far. We got downstairs 10 minutes before the taxi was due but he was already there, so definitely not Spanish Time! And he spoke excellent English. The drive to the airport was a breeze at that hour of the morning so it was only 25 euros in total.

Unfortunately, Air Canada didn't tell us which terminal and said we were on a Lufthansa flight so we went to that terminal. Actually, it was a codeshare with Spanaire so we had to walk over to the next terminal. No biggie because we were early but it was irritating. Even more so when the flight we were on was also an Air Canada codeshare so had an AC number as well. It was cheaper for AC to sell us a ticket through LH on a Spanaire flight than to sell us a ticket for their codeshare. But they didn't bother to put the terminal on the ticket so we were misdirected. I'd complain but they are idiots so there is not point (their IT department actually won't upgrade their booking software so you are forced to phone, thus incurring booking fees.

The plane was also the most cramped I've ever been on. My knees hit the seat in front of me at all times, but it was worse when the man in front reclined his seat. At that point, I had to recline too.

We are on the upgrade list but won't find out for a few hours if we get upgraded. If we do, great, if not, so be it. I'll need to get some lunch on the way to the gate since I don't like the soup here in the lounge. I am enjoying the German pretzels though! And eating nuts for protein.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Twins Mom wrote:

Good morning to the village! I'm up and about, unlike yesterday morning when I slept in....today I need to get some stuff done so I have some play time later....

I'm pleased that Kathryn and Ken's travel is going well so far - will you be home late tonight?

Also feeling for Peeper's dd's poor kitty - we believe that one of my dcats was killed in similar fashion several years back - so traumatic for the family.

I'll be quiet here and let Bittersweet sleep awhile longer. :lol:

-get dressed, brush teeth, wash up face
-copy the signed page I need to mail at the post office
-make a quickie list for where I need to go this morning
-look up info in a magazine upstairs re: painting furniture
-reboot laundry

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Kathryn wrote:

I will be short 7130 miles for Elite status next year unless something comes up in the next few weeks or unless I do a 'mileage run' (a flight to nowhere, done solely to get status.)

If I do a mileage run I get 4 upgrades to business class, lounge access and priority check in. Overseas, I also get access to the arrivals lounge in London (showers and breakfast) and short security line-ups. And access to a better phone number for bookings.

I get lounge access and priority check-in when I travel with dh and he will make Elite for next year (he has a 3-day trip to Japan I'm not taking.)

So it is a decision I have to make. The cheapest run is $822 to London, on United through Chicago. I'd be traveling for 39 hours. I'm still looking for something in North America that will do (since that gets me 2000 miles more than I need.)

Perhaps I should do a SHE run and visit SHEs all over the country!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:04 pm

helia wrote:

Well, we'll see who's calling whom sleepy head once we're in Australia!! :wink: In fact, I was wondering how will I know which day to even post under? Adelaide is 13.5 hours ahead, I believe. When you're working on your a.m. routine for a day, I'll be working on my p.m. routine for the same day! To help us with our planning, we've set up a personal clock at a web site with current times in Detroit, Adelaide, Auckland, NZ, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Beijing, and just for good measure, Enschede, NL where dh's father lives. So, we know when people in which country are likely to be at their desks. It's a really cool web site! It will also provide info re: sunsets and sunrises around the world. Well, here's the link if anyone wants to play:

http://www.timeanddate.com/

Dh typically has elite status of some sort on his airline; they have 3 levels of elite. He's the highest level this year, though I don't think he uses the perks much beyond check in and upgrades. Though we may all fly economy, our family can check in through the 1st class queue at the airport, which is helpful as it often short circuits a longer wait. I bet Ken is always elite too. Yes, come visit us all, Kathryn!! :D Wouldn't it be such fun to have an IRL get-together of all posters here?

Dh just "bought" frequent flyer tix (only 15K!!) for me to go to Philly Oct. 26-27 for the Women's weekend seminary. I wasn't sure if I would go or not this semester, feeling overwhelmed w/ sabbatical prep, but he found such a great deal, the times work out really well, and it will only be one night away.

Field hockey games are over. Dd9's team won theirs, even though they were short girls, only 1-2 extras at any point during the game, so there was a lot of short rotations going on! Their coach is awesome, the dh of the family we've been in touch with also going to Australia on sabbatical (and the father of dd9's best friend!). Dd11's team lost their game; their coach is a bit flaky, to be honest, a high school student. She was late to practice yesterday due to getting a facial :roll: and left 10 minutes early, leaving all the girls unsupervised at the park. :shock: I didn't know that until another parent told me today.

Girls have swim lessons next. Small group is tonight, but I am neither leading nor hosting, so that feels great! :) I can just show up!! Dh is leading. I'm going to spend time today getting my teaching under control.

Next up - finish a.m. routine!!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Sadie wrote:

Running through and waving to everyone.

Work day today.

Safe travel Kathryn! Hope your flights go smoothly.

Have a great Saturday everyone.[/b]

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:09 am

Twins Mom wrote:

I am back....had a wonderful time running errands. First went to the local arts/crafts show - some years walk through without buying anything (it's very heavy on country and Christmas) but vowed to buy myself something there today - ended up getting two inexpensive pairs of earrings, a small blown "art glass" vase fitted with a pump to use for dishwashing soap on our new kitchen countertops, a small fabric "wallet" to use for credit cards, driver's license et al, with a checkbook cover to match, and a reproduction of an old map of the town - I've seen it framed in several places (altho I'd prefer an original!) Then I ran the rest of the real errands: hardware store, cleaners, post office, and and then down the mountain to get a pumpkin and some mums for the front porch. Instead of mums, I ended up getting some late season zinnias in orange that I think stay pretty for awhile.

Back home, and with a great energy level going today, I'm wondering what I should do with it. I think I'll compromise somewhat by doing a round of house cleaning/straightening up for the next hour or so, so I'm not so far behind tomorrow.

Will start on this round in a minute...may need some lunch and a little more 'net surfing right now.

-empty dishwasher
-clear kitchen counters
-straighten up den
-fold two loads of laundry and reboot
-move the potted zinnias and pumpkin to the front porch
-take my vitamin (after I eat some lunch)

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:10 am

Indiana wrote:

Good afternoon.

I slept in this morning until 9:30 am. That is unheard of for me. I was up for about a ½ hour in the middle of the night and went right back to sleep. I went to bed at 7 PM last night.

We ran errands this morning and all the groceries are put away. We just finished lunch and I’ll make chili for tonight later. I also want to putter here some time today too. So I’ll be back.

It is so nice to see katiebug who has joined us from OH. She posted in Paper tamers challenge.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”