PWYC Splendid Sunday October 7, 2007

Indiana

PWYC Splendid Sunday October 7, 2007

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Indiana wrote:

Good morning ladies.

It is a splendid Sunday. The sun is up and the temperatures are a delightful 67˚. The forecast later today isn’t so splendid with temperatures going to almost 90˚. We shouldn’t be having those temperatures in October but Tuesday we will be back to fall temperatures.

Today is a relaxing day for me. I want to do some reading and general puttering. Dinner is made – lasagna and Italian bread. All I need to do is make the salads while lasagna and bread are cooking/heating.

What is on your agenda for today?

Indiana

Re: PWYC Splendid Sunday October 7, 2007

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Nancy wrote:

I got up at 4:45 today
could not sleep my ear probs.
h. had a cold.
Got some knitting done.
Coffee is nearly gone now.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Emptynester wrote:

AHHHH!! Internet Access!!

Good Morning All.

Have taken a few minutes to CUOP.

Glad KIC and Dee have had successful trips. We, too, have landed - but not where we thought.

The city park where we usually sit was full. Especially because one idiot took a camping spot for his boat!!

So we are parked in the back lot of the Chevy lot. When I say back - I mean back of everything out where they park the junkers!! But we have a full water tank and an electric hook up.

Yesterday was a little dicey as we had strong winds. We were lucky that we could park with the tail of the RV toward the wind so we didn't get much side to side shaking. The winds finally went down about 3 am, so DH could get the satellite dishes up this morning.

Oops - look at the time. Must hurry and get ready for church. Will catch up with you all later.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Kathryn wrote:

Good morning!

Now that I'm back in my regular time zone I'm not likely to be starting threads for a few days!

We got home at 12:30. The taxi driver joked, asking is if we lived in Ottawa or Toronto (our home is a long, rural drive towards Toronto from the airport.)

We had lights out at 1:30. There was a note from ds on the hall mirror telling me not to clean up and Welcome Home!

We did have to clean up a bit, if only to make room for our breakfast. So the dirty dishes (I'm pretty sure 2+ weeks' worth) are soaking in the sink and dh has put away the cable tv cable ds strings from the kitchen to the living room when we are away. He also took the full bin of drink cans down to the garage and I picked up the pocket change that was in my way and put it in the container I have for it in the family room. (Ds is constantly losing change out of his pockets so I dump all change I find into a silver box of my Dad's and when ds is really broke, he lives off the savings in it!)

I've also opened and sorted the mail.

I'm s2s but my hair is still wet. I will make church on time though, especially since I can't do any cleaning up.

Goals for today:

1. Unpack
2. Laundry
3. church
4. supervise ds's clean up of the kitchen, including sweeping
5. supervise ds's clean up of the living room, including vacuuming
6. Water plants
7. Tidy front hall (that's mostly my mess)
8. vacuum the upstairs (many, many, dead flies.)
9. more laundry
10. Decide on what to do about Thanksgiving dinner.
11. Grocery shopping
12. Cook dinner

That's a long list so I'll get busy now.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Indiana wrote:

Harriet I like your new signature.

Good morning Nancy.

MT I'm glad you found a place to park.

Welcome home Kathryn.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:46 pm

bittersweet wrote:

Well.. I'm up and about.. just sitting on my front porch for the moment sipping a cup of french vanilla coffee.

We'll be doing our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, since DH is working this weekend. It's just not as much fun when you have to sleep all day, miss all the delicious smells, get up, eat supper, and leave for work. I'm not sure if Mum's coming over or what... haven't heard from her since Friday - most unusual. :lol:

There's things to do and stuff to clean up around here - never did get that stuff on my list done yesterday :oops: I've had my coffee, chatted with DH, had some breakfast and taken meds, and even got in my morning snuggle with DGS. He's such a happy boy when he wakes up! :D

First up:

GET DRESSED!!!
put away clean dishes
start laundry #1
clean cat box
wash dishes

I'll be checking in off and on this morning in the hopes of keeping myself accountable!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Twins Mom wrote:

Bittersweet, I'll work with you today! I need to jump back to yesterday to see what I said I'd need to do today...can't remember except for the stack of paper sitting here.

I've been up since 8 - dd's friend was getting picked up at nine, so I got her up and stayed up. I've read the paper and done my usual Sunday a.m. surfing/procrastination.

Editing: Yesterday's l**t for today was:
-paper challenges
-kitchen zone
-Monday weekies
-genealogy pension file - copy to send

and I'll add:
-additional coats of stain on the bookcase

First round:
-s2s (must do!)
-make bed
-meds and vitamin
-reboot laundry
-take something out of the freezer for supper

edited: I'm heading upstairs to make bed and do quick s2s...along with a little bathroom clean up, I'll be done with a.m. routine at that point.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 pm

bittersweet wrote:

That round is done .. and I spent a few minutes playing with DGS - his favourite new game is to hold your hands and clap them together. :lol: There's still a few pots soaking in the sink that I'll deal with later.

It's just turning 10am here, and I'm going to spend the next half hour entering notes for my plant ID assignment. Then I'll come up with a l*st for the next round.

Let's go, Twins! Anyone else working with us?

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:49 pm

SuzLew wrote:

dgrkids slept good for them and didn't get up until 7:30 am. Did not help that dh and I went to bed at 1:30 am after watching "knocked up" with ds/33 , his girl friend and dgrs/15. Everyone is fed and dressed but me - waiting for dryer!

We are off to Bates Nut Farm - a pumpkin patch and this weekend large craft fair! We will be home this afternoon.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:50 pm

Mystery wrote:

Will join whomever I can to work today (bittersweet? Twins? still around? How far along are you on your l**t, Kathryn?) -- I am supposed to meet tomorrow with the other mom in charge of costuming for the play. I'm not sure whether we're meeting at her house or here, and she cleans houses for a living! :shock:

Will do :15s, at least to start:

:15 kitchen
:15 dining room
:15 stairs

(I'll save the living room for later, in case I'm still working once the Indians game comes on.)

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”