PWYC Splendid Sunday October 7, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Splendid Sunday October 7, 2007

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Twins Mom wrote:

I'm still here! I'm here! Sorry, I fell for a "nap challenge" along the way, but I'm back now! I promise!

-glass of water
-go over bookcase with the fine steel wool
-wipe down
-put another coat of stain on
-paper challenge: get rid of ten pieces of paper from the stack next to me....

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:52 pm

bittersweet wrote:

I'm still here, too! I did work on my notes.. really I did. Was it MY fault DD came back from her walk with DGS and a Little Tykes truck in tow? She found it near a dumpster down the street.. it's still fine, just needs some cleaning up. Then, we got just a teeny bit sidetracked taking pictures of DGS riding in it. He absolutely LOVES it!! :lol:

P'raps I'd better grab some lunch and get myself refocused here. DD and DGS have gone back out to walk some more, and hopefully the little munchkin will actually go to sleep this time!

Before I CI again, I will:

eat lunch
flip laundry
put away clean dishes
wash pots in the sink
make list of things needed for tomorrow's dinner

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Mystery wrote:

Making progress... enough that I'm "glowing," and I'm considering adding the living room to rounds just so I can be in the cool a bit. We'll see how I feel after :15 here.

I need to settle down a bit, though. I'm nearly working myself into a panic attack. It doesn't help that with the playoffs on, my bedtime routine has been disrupted, and I've missed my meds a couple of times in the past week.

Glad to see you both still here, Twins and bittersweet! I'm sure that bookcase will end up looking fantastic, Twins. And I'm sure DGS looks adorable in that truck, bittersweet!

Next up for me:
:15 kitchen
:15 living room
:15 dining room

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Twins Mom wrote:

Oh, it's so very wonderful :D :D :D to have someone to work with today, Mystery and Bittersweet! :D :D The bookcase is looking nice, Mystery, altho I'm thinking now it looks almost too good for the playroom. :shock: But I've been trying to "upgrade" that space anyway so it's all good, I suppose. It appears it will need a couple more coats, unless I decide to stop where I am. The color is supposed to be a "mahogany/bombay" almost black brown but it's more of a chestnut or walnut brown right now. It's one of the minwax stains that is a stain and polyurethane in one.

This round:
-10 more pieces of paper (I got off easy that time because three were identical to the next three - one set for each dkid.)
-kitchen zone - clean out underneath more kitchen cabinets (no more than 30 minutes total there)
-back deck clean up/water plants there
-front porch clean up/water plants
-clean earrings (which I wear constantly - they have a screw back and I seldom take them out) and other jewelry

Last three are Monday weeklies.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:42 am

Mystery wrote:

Have gotten very little done since last post except get myself all sweaty & panicky, so I've given up, at least for a while. Once the Browns game is over, I will call & ask the other mom what she thinks about meeting at the library, where it's air-conditioned.*crossing fingers*

Wishing you better luck in your endeavors!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:45 am

Twins Mom wrote:

So where are my co-workers now??

Next round:
-take out kitchen trash
-tidy (using Harriet and Indiana's nomenclature) up kitchen from earlier cabinet cleaning
-clean out my car
-sweep garage
-another round of kitchen zone - only 15 minutes by the timer this round

I have some kitchen stuff to go to the Goodwill. The lower cabinets were a mess - when they stripped off the countertops to replace a lot of sawdust and dust and chazerai ended up down there. I've been using a whisk broom to sweep up the floor after each cabinet or two.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:45 am

bittersweet wrote:

I'm right here, Twins :P Got my last lot of stuff done, finished a Pogo badge, dropped DS off to catch a bus, then stopped by the library and grocery store, and gassed up the car on the way home.

I'm going to give Mum a call and see what she's up to..... hmmm.. phone's ringing... got the answering machine. I'll leave her a message, and cross my fingers everything's ok. It may sound odd, but Mum and I talk pretty much every day.. haven't heard from her since Friday, and she hasn't mentioned getting together for Thanksgiving at all - not like her.

In the meantime, there's laundry to fold, so I'll do that while I watch an episode of Rosemary & Thyme.

BBIAB!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:46 am

Twins Mom wrote:

One last round... then I'll start on supper. Dh just got home from his weekend trip and talked to me while I finished sweeping up the garage. Also wiped down the garage refrigerator and freezer and loaded up some goodwill stuff.

-finish watering plants
-paper challenge - 10 pieces of paper
-15 minute kitchen zone
-paper challenge - 10 more pieces of paper
-get loose hangars out of kids rooms

Bittersweet, I hope your dmom is okay?

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:47 am

CathyS wrote:

Does anyone have laundry to do?

Mt. Washmore awaits. (Groan)

I also have the meat to cook for cabbage rolls. And the onions. And the cabbage.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:48 am

lucylee wrote:

hmmm... :?
I don't know what I think about that. What could be more Southern than Scarlett O'hara? Of course, I know, Vivien Leigh was English, wasn't she...
OTOH... it seems to slow down my computer. Is that just in my mind?
Also... I don't really admire Scarlett as much as I do Melanie. Of course, temper and moodiness -- I'm much closer to Scarlett. I would love to be like Melanie, though. Or Ellen, Scarlett's mother.
I'm not * & have NEVER BEEN * the flirty, man-magnet that Scarlett was, I assure you, however. I'm not mean like her, either.
I'll probably change that.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”