Re: PWYC Marvelous Monday, October 8, 2007

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:47 am

lucylee wrote:

[x] School
[x] Grocery store
[x] Supper
[x] Typed minutes for church meeting
[x] Read the paper
[x] Church Meeting -- over an hour long and sort of frustrating...
[/] Laundry -- in progress -- second load in...
[ ] Grade some papers
[ ] Type tonight's minutes
[ ] Exercise

A very belated happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian SHE's!
We all have so much to be thankful for and I'm glad your holiday causes me to stop and think of this! :D
Waving to Cathy... Kathryn... Gretchen... Harmony... Nancy... SuzLew... Helia... MT... Harriet... Carol... Dee... Mystery... Indiana... and Peeper!

Peeper... I've been meaning to ask, how is your little dgd doing? Are there still concerns re: her hearing? I apologize if you've already mentioned this since we moved to this new village -- but I've thought of you so much!

Also thinking of Harriet & family as ds prepares to move out...
* sigh * DS here threatens to take the plunge from time to time but I don't want him to go simply b/c he's had all he can take of us! DH just cannot give him as much "space" as he wants or needs.
* more sighs *
DH is just like a little old woman, worrying about him if he is late... trying to "help" him (which ds sees as trying to "run my business"). :roll:
Example:
Sunday morning, we expected him in around 2:00-2:30 a.m. He was on the road when he called and told us not to wait up. I didn't. :wink:
At 3:15, dh awakens me. DS is not home. He is an hour late. DH tells me to call him. I get voice mail. DH says he is going looking for him.
Before DH can get his shoes on, ds comes in the back door.
"I've been home... I've been out there in the truck talking on the phone."
:shock: :roll:
Of course, this created all sorts of other questions from dh... "Who on earth talks on the phone at 2:30 in the morning?" he wants to know.
Then dh gets his feelings hurt b/c "ds doesn't tell us anything."
* sigh * I really can't say that I blame ds for wanting to get out on his own, but I don't want us to PUSH him away.

BUT... hopefully... all is well tonight. They are working together on recording of new cd ds is making.

Back to the laundry for me.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:47 am

Peeper wrote:

Thanks for asking about BabyAnna. She is doing great. It seems that her hearing losss is minimal. She's saying mama and ball and will respond appropriately to commands at a normal speaking voice; this at 11 months. She appears to be right on schedule with everything and we are all so relieved! Of course, they will continue to moniter her hearing, but each time she's gone in, she's done better on the tests. Her chances of even needing a hearing aid are only about 20% so we are very happy. She has really turned into a cutey with lots of golden curls and a ready smile.

Dh and I went to the parade and saw dRebecca4 and her mama go by on the float! Rebecca threw dramatic looking kisses in my direction; she's quite a ham!

I'm pretty tired tonight. I'll be hitting the sack early but may read a bit first.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:48 am

Kathryn wrote:

Cathy: did you get anything at the auction? There is one here next weekend and I'm looking forward to it. I can buy used items under the Compact, just not new things, so I might just buy some things.

I'm not making any progress so have conceded defeat and am heading to bed. It is almost 10 here so it is a reasonable hour. The oven hasn't quite finished yet, although it is getting there. The fan is still on but the element has stopped. This room is nice and toasty warm now. I've been cold all day so was happy to be able to run the self-cleaning oven to warm up the house a bit!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:49 am

CathyS wrote:

I got a very funky teak floor lamp.

Dh got an art print, an art deco style table lamp and a very tiny china ashtray that has a bobble head mouse that looks like Topo Gigo or however his name is spelled. Of course dh did the whole Eddie thing complete with the cheek kiss when we unpacked it when we got home.

We discovered the best way to avoid traffic on the 401 between Newcastle and Toronto. We took a couple of back roads that run almost parallel to the highway. Bloor Street was one, I can't remember the other one.

We went to Swiss Chalet on the way home.

Dd got me tickets to the TSO for November in Hamilton for my birthday. Are you going this year?

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:50 am

SuzLew wrote:

Need to:

X load dishwasher
X print labels for tomorrow
/ clear kitchen counters
X run rhomba in living room and hall
run scooba in 1/3 kitchen

Dh and I had to run errands so we went to Michaels to use 50% off coupon, took sugar free corn "leftover" to a friend, went to thrift store,,, bought popping supplies, picked up a prescription and made a walmart run!

Tomorrow is a work day at UCD market for me and dh!! So planning to go to bed by 10 as leave at 8 am tomorrow!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:51 am

lucylee wrote:

:D :D :D I am sooo glad to hear the good news!
It sounds like she is doing GREAT!
I cannot believe older dgd is already four years old!

Well... progress... making progress...
[x] School
[x] Grocery store
[x] Supper
[x] Typed minutes for church meeting
[x] Read the paper
[x] Church Meeting -- over an hour long and sort of frustrating...
[x] Talked to dsis-in-law on phone
[x] Prepared fruit, carrots, crackers, etc. for my lunch for the week
[x] Washed dish that had been left in the sink
[x] Cleaned counter where dh creates a mess w/laundry detergent bottles
[x] Typed tonight's church minutes -- hooray for me -- no procrastination tonight! This is a big hooray, as you all well know! Sometimes I have put this chore off for MONTHS! :oops:
[x] Relayed meeting info to dh and ds, listened to dh and ds discuss merits of ds's travel on coming weekend. Is it better to spend approx. twice as long in car, but only half as long driving alone... or to spend less total time on road but double time one must drive alone? DS cannot understand why someone * DH * who is not actually going on the trip should be so interested... :roll: * sigh *
[/] Laundry -- in progress -- all dh's is hanging to dry, or will be as soon as I finish typing this! :wink:
[ ] Grade some papers
[ ] Exercise

It's only 11:00 pm... maybe I'll get the last two items checked off!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:52 am

cathyy wrote:

I actually got the entire top of my dining room table cleaned last week. It's still clean, too, a week later. Go me!

Today I am preparing for a 3-day 2-night trip to Bangkok. (Remember that it is Tuesday morning for me) I need to:
[ ] S2S
[x] Find DH's belt
[ ] Wash dark clothes
[ ] Pack clothes (toiletries are always packed as we go often)
[ ] Put Bangkok maps in my purse
[ ] Put shopping lists in my purse
[ ] Pack measuring tape (to measure cookie sheets)
[ ] Charge mobile phone
[ ] Charge PDA
[ ] Dinner out with friends -last minute reschedule from yesterday

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”