PWYC Marvelous Monday, October 8, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Marvelous Monday, October 8, 2007

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:19 am

Dee wrote:

Sun is shining here now, Mystery -don't know where that rain came from either! :cry: Had plenty here for a while. Although it is supposed to rain every day for the rest of the week! Think I can also take off my sweatshirt/jacket now. It's warming up lots! :lol:

To work!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:20 am

Peeper wrote:

The Diabetes walk-athon went well on Saturday and we managed to squeek by with a last second field goal in our football game, so it was a fine day. Yesterday dkids came for supper and today is the County Fair parade in which dRebecca4 will be riding a float. It's hot here like so many other places, so I hope we won't all be wilting by the end of the day!

Dh and I have walked in heavy fog this morning. I'll see dd and dkids later before the parade starts but also need to push through alot of laundry today. Next Friday, dh and I will be flying to Boulder Colorado to see his dmom who is quite frail. (she's 86) We'll be catching a 6:00am flight and it's an hour to the airport so do the math and you'll see we'll be up super early on Friday morning!!!! :shock:

I guess it's Columbus Day here so it will co-inside with Canadian Thanksgiving. We'd planned on mailing dson26's birthday gift today, but will have to put that off until tomorrow.

Dson20 just requested a PB and J sandwich (yes I know he could do that himself!) so I'm done here!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:20 am

Kathryn wrote:

This is our First Week Annniversary (I believe cake and balloons are in order!)

But we aren't quite all settled here. We are missing a few SHEs and would like your help in contacting them. Please check out this thread for details.

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... nized#1115

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:21 am

Indiana wrote:

Time for me to leave for lab work and my hair appointment. I'll be home about noon and check in then.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:22 am

Dee wrote:

Just spent a little time working on Kathryn's latest post and seeing if I had any other addresses.

Spent over an hour sorting papers. Have a very respectable sized basket of burnables, and another small pile for the trash. Only have a 1/4" pile or so for DS's tax records.

I'm supposed to meet with a man for an insurance audit for DS this afternoon. I'm trying to reach DS to see if he has a phone # for this guy and see if we can POSSIBLY change it. :cry:

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:23 am

Kathryn wrote:

I've done nothing this morning except go through my old email addresses to see if I could sign on to my accounts. Had to get new passwords in some cases!

And I caught up on one my email lists.

Next challenge: work on the upstairs. Remaking beds, putting away stuff from my suitcase and the vacuuming.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:24 am

Nancy wrote:

Warmer weather here today and it's supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow.
We had like 5 drops of rain this a.m. when I first got up.
A.M. Stuff is under way here now.
No granny duty after all
it's like getting the gift of a day!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:25 am

helia wrote:

Noon ci:

Done:
[x]responded to some emails
[x]work out at gym - track work, arm machine, and back exercises; increased my jogging time, interspersing a little walking as follows, for anyone who cares!! This should make 30 laps, which is 2.5 miles.
2 laps walk
16 laps jog
2 laps walk
5 laps jog
1 lap walk
2 laps jog
2 laps walk
[x]a.m. routine
[/]lunch - I'm eating right now

Yes, midterm time here too, at least for ds and dd11. All grades I've seen look great so far. . . . Elem. school is on trimester schedule.

After I finish lunch and drink some water, I'll finalize groc. list, flip laundry, and go to the groc. store.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 am

Gramma Carol wrote:

Happy Thanks Giving Day to Canada!

Ok... this season is the one I dread the most, I dislike halloween and christmas and the drunken brawl of the new year, the only Holiday I enjoy even a little is Thanks Giving Day so please bear with me, I may need to vent a few times during the season as I try to make something I dislike a pleasant and happy time and memory for those around me without going insane.

Enough vent!

This morning I have already gotten

DGS6 out the door to school,
changed the baby,
fed her and put her down for her morning nap,
paid gas bill,
emptied the dishwasher,
filled it back up,
Started gathering laundry,(I did 9 loads over the weekend and still it builds!)
s2s - sort of, no shoes yet,
called DB and arranged taking him to costco

And it is not even 10am here yet! I need more coffee... hmmm maybe I can start the list below with a stop at Commencement Bay for a good cup of espresso...

Made a mental note of things to do today:

Pick up DGS6 from school (early out today)
pick up DB
Go to costco
come home and start the never ending rounds of cleaning the house... sigh...
Take a nap if possible.
pay electric bill by phone

All that on 3 hours of sleep today... oh well, such is life.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:24 am

Harriet wrote:

Autumn outdoor workday here, with dh and ds22. We had a big barn re-do all morning (barn-look lofted storage building 20x16 or so - unlike the smaller 2 buildings, I've never had any livestock or hay in there, but still call it "the barn"). Just a lot of storage decisions that needed to be made - probably not half-way through yet.

We are eventually going to tear down our little 8x12 barn-look wellhouse circa 1978, and probably replace with a Rubbermaid-type well cover only. So everything stored in the smaller barn - tools, fencing, etc - will go over to the larger one. The large one is only 5 or 6 years old and roofed at the same time our house was with the same green metal roofing.

Sentimental about the little one, since I helped build it in 1978, and it was the home of a flock of chickens and a Jersey cow under the lean-to! But it is time to let it go. I also want to take some safety measures about the large barn's loft, as I'm sure it will become even more of a dd9-magnet and has no railing. I had a cousin fall off a barn loft one time - NOT fun.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”