PWYC Marvelous Monday, October 8, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Marvelous Monday, October 8, 2007

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:24 am

Emptynester wrote:

The cool morning with no place to go (truck is getting an oil change) prompted me to make some veggie/beef soup. The only grocery store in town is just across the street so sent DH for groceries and now we have a big pot of soup and a loaf (well - half loaf as we have had lunch already) of French bread.

Waiting for truck to get done and then we will go to neighboring town to pick up our mail.

Catch ya all later.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:25 am

helia wrote:

Grocery shopping is finished and put away. :D

Dh forwarded email from one of his contacts at the Univ. in Adelaide regarding the area where our rental will be. The Adelaide prof. said it was a fabulous area, where he'd choose to be himself, not too far from the Uni, near a very nice cafe/shops area -- and that it has some of the best schools in the state! So, I think we did OK - without even knowing it! Someone is watching out for us. . . :wink:

Did I share here that we will have to pay to send our kids to public schools there as we're not paying income tax in Australia? It's pretty pricey too. . . An unexpected cost, but we'll deal with it.

I'm drinking more water. .

Next:
-grab a diet Dr. P and get some caffeine in my now sluggish system
-tidy living room
-s/s main bathroom

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:25 am

Kathryn wrote:

I've finally finished remaking the bed. It was more complicated today because I pulled out a fresh mattress cover, feather bed and brought out the winter duvets. All those had to be aired and since it was raining here I fluffed them in the dryer.

I've also hung up one load of laundry and started the second.

I have 4 loads of laundry to do when the weather gets better (all the bedding). Not including my regular laundry.

No other progress here. Evelyn dropped by with a week's worth of newspapers and I got distracted.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:26 am

SuzLew wrote:

have been up since 8 am but dh and i had a meeting at 9 then I took dh to breakfast. Dh is in the garage working on the kettle we hust had sodered.

So far i have dryed clothes in dryer, put towels in washer.

Need to:

load dishwasher
print labels for tomorrow
clear kitchen counters
run rhomba in living room and hall
run scooba in 1/3 kitchen

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:27 am

Nancy wrote:

I've done a morning conga here
had granny duty after all
some thing came up they needed dd for at the job site.
A.M. routine & lunch done.
relaxing a bit here now
while dgson is napping.

I've moved books around
and have baskets rounded up and took them to the basement.
It's looking better now!
Yea for progress!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:28 am

Harmony wrote:

Hello! I see there's been a lot of rain in the village. We had a bunch Fri evening. My neighbor over at the old house told me it rained all night. We were doing a lot of gardening on Saturday and it was like working in a sauna.

Helia, I hope you are going to stay in touch when you are in Adelaide so we can see what it's like over there.

DH went out to the landscaper's yard and brought home a pickup of mulch which we put all around the house. He shoveled and I hand raked it under the plants. It was lots of hot work. I finished most of the other stuff but I have 2 more places to paint. It's never-ending!

Sunday my friends sorta invited themselves for dinner. I wasn't quite ready for company, but we got it together. DH hosed off both porches. Not a bad idea for friends to come! It was motivation, otherwise we probably just would have taken naps! Spent today doing paperwork, quarterly reports, stuff like that. It's a beautiful day here today.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:29 am

Gretchen wrote:

It has been a more or less lazy day here. I was up late talking to one of the boys last night, so the alarm clock rang all too early today. I just realized I totally forgot to do laundry! This is bad, very bad. And I also forgot I need to get milk. You know, there is a lot to be said for getting a full night's sleep.

Okay, I'll throw a load of laundry in, and then get ready to take one of the kids to piano practice.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:30 am

lucylee wrote:

PODA:
[x] School
-- Yes, no holiday here -- although neighboring counties ARE celebrating. :( We have to be different and difficult... after this one week into the second grading period, we then will be out NEXT week for Fall Break, w/teachers having parent conferences on Monday. ALSO, next week is Homecoming week for us. :roll: How stupid is that? Coach didn't want to change it (hoping for big $$ gate, I think, vs. opponent that will likely beat us anyway) and it was set before calendar came out w/Fall Break. Kids are dressing up and decorating halls, etc. THIS week, but parade & crowning of the queen will be NEXT week. :roll: We all think it is a little bit ridiculous.
BTW, the reason we are so far ahead of many of you is b/c we start the first week of August! There is a proposal before the legislature, I believe, to make it a law that no schools in Alabama can start before Labor Day. The state tourism board is really pushing for this b/c they believe early starting dates take away from tourism dollars. However, I'm afraid they are just cutting off their nose to spite their face. If we do not have a legally mandated ending date, as well, we'll probably be starting after Labor Day and having final exams after the Fourth of July!
Boy... I'm on a real gripe session, aren't I? :oops:
[x] Grocery store
[x] Supper
-- dh & ds delivered to dinlaws... thank goodness!
[x] Typed minutes for church meeting
[x] Read the paper
[ ] Church Meeting
[ ] Laundry
-- in progress
[ ] Grade some papers

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:30 am

CathyS wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dh and I went to Port Hope for an auction.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:31 am

Kathryn wrote:

Lucylee, yes you'd be grading exams up until the end of June. We had graduation the last week of June so all exams are marked by then.

I'm trying to be active and making little progress.

I did manage to get the second load of laundry done, dried and folded. Ds took his things downstairs as well.

The garbage is ready to go out. I also cleaned out the fridge properly (wiping down each shelf.) My fridge looked a lot cleaner than it was - the shelves are practically empty and I still found 2 totally disgusting jars with mold in them.

I'm running the self-clean for the oven now so this room is getting awfully smoky, even with the exhaust fan and one window open. I've had to open the window next to my desk here in order to breathe. (This time I remembered to shut my bedroom store before starting.)

And the dishwasher is running now with the dinner dishes. Dh decided leftovers would be a good idea in case we didn't get to them tomorrow night. So we had leftover roast beef with homemade french fries.

Next challenge for me will be to find the bedroom floor (it is under all the bedding that is piled up to be washed.) Then I'll vacuum it.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”