Cleaning 2021, Second Round Focus through June 6

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

Cleaning 2021, Second Round Focus through June 6

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:55 am

To easily find each other 8-) for chatting in current time, our current thread will always be FIRST in the line-up of topics in the forum. :idea: Our second round's calendar is in this post. The locked sticky threads about Focus Cleaning are just below, including the full 2021 Focus Cleaning Calendar for planning.

A consistently clean home is within reach! It's not that we need to clean everything suddenly :shock: it's just that we need to clean some consistently throughout the year :) we know that. Focus gives us one idea for an already-complete plan of rotation to keep us on track and keep each lovely area from neglect. We don't have to re-invent the wheel, just roll along with the one we have at the ready, a week at a time.

Here's a space to chat about our second rounds through our homes, which will be from Monday, March 22 through the week of Monday, May 31 . Eleven rooms/areas for eleven weeks. Change the room or area names around to suit your home, record them in personal record-keeping if you want, in whatever form you'd like, and let's go through the house once!

If you are on a different plan for cleaning, please chat with us anyway, okay? We'd love to hear what you are doing through these months. To find some reminders and tips about rooms, check out the locked thread titled, The Eleven Focus areas and their How-To-Clean Notes. The contents listing there is clickable and you'll go right to the room you click.

Round 2
3/22/2021 porch/entry
3/28/2021 bedrooms
4/5/2021 bathrooms
4/12/2021 office/other room
4/19/2021 closets
4/26/2021 laundry
5/3/2021 storage
5/10/2021 outdoor
5/17/2021 kitchen
5/24/2021 living room
5/31/2021 dining room

Twins' Mom

Re: Cleaning 2021, Second Round Focus through June 6

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:13 am

Harriet, every round I think that this time I'm going to do it and then I fall away. I had at one point reworked the zones slightly to fit our house and to focus on what areas. But out home with great room furniture in DR and back patio furniture in garage and other things spread around this is not the time to implement.

Now that I've managed to handle weekly cleaning on my own (in non construction weeks, at least) doing 15 min daily or 1.25 hrs weekly in a zone is something to strive for...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:51 pm

Harriet, every round I think that this time I'm going to do it and then I fall away.

YES! YES, Twins -- YES. Every. Single. Time... (in dgd's words, All Single Day...) -- I will think NOW I will start on this and I will stick to it and life will be just perfect...

And then... ugh... life happens and it is not... perfect.

So right now, I am concentrating on doing Just SOMEthing every day, as I've mentioned to y'all recently. I figure if I can move myself 15 minutes in productive activity each day, I can manage to keep the WHB done, and then I will worry about the Decluttering and Zones.
But I am very thankful for the threads here, Harriet, and you are all very motivating to me. I keep striving to do better!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 14, 2021 7:31 pm

I'm getting a jump on the kitchen, which really starts next week. I guess I'll call it partial declutter week in advance, too. Have been working across the tops of cabinets. Today I cleaned out the largest lower cabinet, but it's not a tough one - accessible.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 18, 2021 5:01 pm

Pleased with "Bartender's Friend", which for some reason I had substituted for more common powder scrubbing cleansers lately like Comet types.

LOL! "Bar Keeper's Friend" would be the right name.

Return to “Cleaning Focus”