Cleaning Focus - April 2015

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
BookSaver
Administrator

Cleaning Focus - April 2015

Postby BookSaver » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:31 am

We are continuing Round 2 of Indiana's schedule for detailed cleaning:
3/30/2015 bedrooms
4/6/2015 bathrooms
4/13/2015 office/other room
4/20/2015 closets
4/27/2015 laundry

Well, some of us are continuing Round 2. Some of us started strong with cleaning in the kitchen the first week of March, and then ... :oops:

I am settling into my new work schedule at the library and have made progress with decluttering at home, but not with cleaning anything other than the basics. I will try to do better with Cleaning Focus this month.

How are the rest of you getting along?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Cleaning Focus - April 2015

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:51 am

This week spare bedroom aka creativity room just 15 min. A day can make a difference.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:50 am

well done d Nancy! and you are right... a little each day makes a difference. Thank you .. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:44 pm

Bedroom time actually continuing here past the previous week, as dd's bedroom is getting so much attention right now. Vacuumed in there today.

But bathroom work happening too. Front bathroom vanity is stained now to match the rest of woodwork, so it won't be long before that can be mounted and I can start using a real medicine cabinet in the front bathroom again! Every time a guest uses that bathroom it bugs me that they are looking into a mirror that - however neat and clean itself - is just leaning behind the sink.

Dd got a splinter and I actually reached up to the non-existent medicine cabinet to get the non-existent anesthetic first-aid spray which is supposed to be there. :roll: I was looking at her and reaching sideways and felt my fingernails tap against the leaning mirror!

One further benefit I'm dreaming of as dd's bedroom gets more organized - maybe she can take some of her stuff from front bathroom to her room!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:44 am

Really dear dear Harriet.. Well Done!!!
sorry your dd got a splinter... and some first aid elf took the first aid spray out of the closet... the elf is trying to keep you guessing..
Great job to your dd too...

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:46 am

my office area was still in good shape - shocker ;) :D but I am going to work on closets this week... not deep cleaning but organizing back to where it should be.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:38 pm

I guess I finally did something in sync with the rest of you! I deep cleaned my desk area which is at the far end of the living room/ an alcove just before the hallway into the family room. Opposite my desk / hutch is the piano... so kinda an out-of-the-way spot. Unfortunately, it is visible from the front door which open onto the living room...

Deep declutter happened in an effort to find missing check. I even tried to pull out the desk/hutch from the wall but wasn't able to move it. I did take a slim metal yardstick and ran between the desk and back wall and the side wall. Nothing found. But I did take everything off the surface and cleaned with murphy oil soap and cleaned all the stuff on top like the calculator, staplers, phone... and I emptied the cubby holes in the middle of hutch overhead and cleaned them too. Paper makes a really fine white dust so I always have lots of it. Drawer fronts also cleaned. So, what's our next area?

Return to “Cleaning Focus”