D Harriet's Wonderful June focus

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
blessedw2

D Harriet's Wonderful June focus

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:44 pm

Hello June is calling

The focus zone areas of the month are as follows❤️

June 1-5 dining room :!:
June 6-12 porch entry :o
June 13-19 bedrooms :o
June 20-26 bathrooms :shock: so far... lol
June 27/28/29/30 office other rooms

Choose something not everything to do in those areas -
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: D Harriet's Wonderful June focus

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Dining room done! Heavy cleaning done - still need to de-junk my drawer - hutch washed out - table and chairs washed- windows and sills washed - floors and woodwork washed - wall paper wiped- door cleaned - frames done- cobwebs de-cobwebbed :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:52 pm

made my plan today for this weeks focus of front entry/porch/foyer

adding to this week is cleaning and painting with black rustoleum my lights our in front
weeding the front flower and herb bed
washing outside front windows
spraying for ants
trim box wood under bay windows
called tuck pointer for problem in front
need new screens put into front doors

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:18 pm

blessed, you are too funny. Next month name the topic after blessed.

What I can't believe is that tomorrow begins our 3rd round through our homes. This year is going so fast.

Entry recently got my attention when the wreath on my front door just fell. Boom. Can't figure it out, so I'll need to recheck that hangar. Also generally consider the door and whether I need a new wreath.

Since HRH did a great job of cleaning all the porch furniture, I'll turn my attention more inside for this round I think. Don't have a "foyer" that is separated by walls, but I can still clean there.

ejagno

Postby ejagno » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:45 pm

I went crazy pressure washing the front porch ceiling to floor boards, furniture, metal wall hangings, rugs, door, windows, planter boxes, sidewalks and even the triple wide driveway. I finally had to stop when it started lightening and thunderstorms blew in. Now everything is nice and clean and ready for some touch up painting, especially on the decking with all of the wear and tear. I did get the solar screens back up which definitely helps with our hot tropical summers. I replanted one window box a couple of weeks ago and hopefully tomorrow I'll get the other one done.

ejagno

Postby ejagno » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:07 pm

So today didn't quite go as planned to finish up my front porch. Hopefully tomorrow won't start off with surprises.

This morning I woke up to find a really large snake inside my house hanging from the door facing. A call to the Sheriff's department, three hours, two animal control officers, along with my husbands help, a busted out wall and the snake was removed. That was it for me. My day was done. :shock:

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:54 am

Ejagno... I see you live in SW LA.. I lived in NO for several years and 15 in Mobile AL so I can only imagine what kind of snake it was.. Hope you figured out how it got in.

I live in the desert now and have given up swamp snakes and alligators, but they've been replaced by rattlesnakes and scropions. We also have some very large gopher snakes. They're non-poisons but they can still bit.

Scropions are nasty little creatures who can make themselves very flat and get in through your doorways. They love to feed on crickets so when they start to appear it's time to be ware. During the summer I hate to get up in the middle of the night cause I'm afraid of stepping on them. We have an exterminator that comes once a month and that helps, but cats and chickens are your best defense. For some reason their poison doesn't effect cats, they do dogs, and chickens find them tasty treat.

I hope you are able to sleep well tonight. I'm not a fraidy cat, but I might need to stay in a motel for a night or two just to easy my mind.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

ejagno

Postby ejagno » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:02 pm

Ramblingrose, I could never live anywhere else simply because our food is so different. My house sits on an acre with hundreds of acres of wooded land behind us, open fields to the west and east as well as weeks of daily rain so critters are on the move. When DH added an entire apartment for his terminally ill Dad onto our home he connected it to our living room and garage. They somehow managed to tear up the east wall of my living room and there are still a lot of open areas that have not been reinsulated or sheetrock redone yet so there were plenty of openings for any varmint to enter and make itself at home. Grrrrrr!

I did manage to get up early and get the ceiling, trim, rails, facings, shutters and door painted before today's rains came. Just that alone really made a nice difference. You never know how rough something looks until you put a fresh coat of paint on. The sun fades my colonial red shutters and doors terribly after a year and it has been two years since I repainted it. My exterior walls are a khaki color and that red just makes it pop. My Acadian style house has the front porch across the entire width of the house and I generally do the floor boards in a nice Verde green. It looks great together and goes with every season. The rails, Victorian scroll work and facings are all done in white. Hopefully I will get to finish this project tomorrow but we expecting more rain. Yuck!

ejagno

Postby ejagno » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:23 pm

So how is everyone progressing on their bedrooms? I did manage to get the winter clothing all put away and reassigned clothing to different locations so that we have what we need in the immediate vicinity and items seldom used or seasonal in another location. I will try to get some more done before weeks end but life just keeps getting in the way.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:08 pm

hi enjagno. I haven't been here because life got hectic! but thats okay ... sending you a big hello
Hi d rose!
Hi d Harriet too!

what happened?! Life happened - lol - and boy oh boy did it happen and happen and happened 8-) :lol:
Hoping this week gives me time to get back on the focus routine... I love my routines with all of you!!!

Return to “Cleaning Focus”