September October 2016 Cleaning Focus!

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

September October 2016 Cleaning Focus!

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:25 pm

I loved this quote from Elizabeth on Friday:

Elizabeth's Own Maid Service is a bunch of slackers, but they do better with a schedule.

For me on the Focus Cleaning schedule, the month started out with some finish-up days in bedrooms.

I thought my dd36's family would be needing our bedroom, so I did some extra work there and was pleased. Did anyone have great and important cleaning reports to make from there?

If you're on that schedule, for now, put your cleaning glasses on, and really LOOK at the office area (oh, go ahead, don't be scared!) or, maybe there's an "other" room that needs more attention from you this round.

9/5/2016 bathrooms
9/12/2016 office/other room
9/19/2016 closets
9/26/2016 laundry

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: September 2016 Cleaning Focus!

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Did bathrooms and sewing room is my "other" tool roo. Is h's "other" room. Feeling on track first time in a long time yea!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Bathrooms - I feel like our bathrooms are good. I changed out the master bedroom shower curtain plastic liner and it looks very nice. Well, still with folds in it - does that bother ya'll or do you just ignore the folds?

Closets - a lot of recent progress makes me happy. HRH has streamlined his side of master, to the point that lately his shelves are very easy to put his clothing on and have an open feel. Easy to sweep and mop :) . Dd's is lots better.

Office - it wasn't for nothing that I was saying a few weeks ago not to be scared of office. I'm a little scared! The office area just isn't right. It's always been difficult, and with so much church work taking my time for 1.5 years now, I can work on urgent things here for hours and hours but still not have gotten around to enough cleaning and organizing. I needed to find something yesterday and got a little distraught that I couldn't find it. HRH pointed out he would rather I didn't do what I was planning for another month anyway and that made me feel better, but still, it's bad that I'm not finding things easily. I'll keep working.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Doing m bedroom it was needed.

Harriet

Re: September October 2016 Cleaning Focus!

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:58 am

What's been going on with your cleaning? Is everything spiffy?

Let me tell you, spend a week without hot water and cleaning of ALL types in the house will suffer. It's not just the dishes taking much longer and some of the laundry having to wait, it's that all of that delay then puts the rest of the household behind, too. And it's a surprise how much something as simple as warm/hot water running in the bathroom sink, for instance, helps in whole-house cleaning and everyday grooming, for that matter.

For Focus Cleaning Calendar, right now it's
10/10/2016 outdoor
10/17/2016 kitchen
10/24/2016 living room
10/31/2016 dining room

After that, can you believe it, Maintenance already?

Return to “Cleaning Focus”