Cleaning 2017 - Second Round Focus

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

Cleaning 2017 - Second Round Focus

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:36 pm

The full 2017 Focus Cleaning Calendar is posted in its sticky-thread above. A consistently clean home is within reach! It's not that we need to clean everything suddenly :shock: it's just that we need to clean some consistently throughout the year :) we know that. Focus gives us one already-complete plan for a rotation to keep us on track and keep each lovely area from neglect. We don't have to re-invent the wheel, just roll along with the one we have at the ready, a week at a time.

Here's a space to chat about our SECOND rounds through our homes, which will be from Monday, March 20 through the week of Monday, May 29. Eleven rooms/areas for eleven weeks. Change the room names around to suit your home, record them in personal record-keeping if you want, in whatever form you'd like, and let's go through the house again!

If you are on a different plan for cleaning, please chat with us anyway, okay? We'd love to hear what you are doing through the winter months. To find some reminders and tips about rooms, check out the thread above titled, The Eleven Focus areas and their How-To-Clean Notes. The contents listing there is clickable and you'll go right to the room you click.

Round 2
3/20/2017 porch/entry
3/27/2017 bedrooms
4/3/2017 bathrooms
4/10/2017 office/other room
4/17/2017 closets
4/24/2017 laundry
5/1/2017 storage
5/8/2017 outdoor
5/15/2017 kitchen
5/22/2017 living room
5/29/2017 dining room

Harriet

Re: Cleaning 2017 - Second Round Focus

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 pm

MOST important entry item done - ceiling fan dusted. It was embarrassing. Now I can turn it off for spring pleasant weather and not care who notices it. Lightbulbs changed. Air filters. Front indoor mat sprayed with lemon scent.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Best thing we did for storage week was to shed light on our storage. With dstepson's help, we have new fixtures upstairs and down for storage - a great help.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 08, 2017 4:03 pm

I was reading the 1st round posts just now (curiosity, not because I was actually going to DO something) and I see 8 hours / week. Yikes. I have 8 hours of time broken up in little bits, but I do not have another 8 hours of energy.

Now I find when something gets bad somewhere I have to dig in and fix it. I know I'm always playing catch-up. And some of this...it must be my age... but my eyes just glaze over at trying to remember what's next or have cards spread out or my notebook opened up. Remember, my spaces already get covered with papers and DH is around shuffling everything too, so I don't really have a good spot for anything like that. And looking on my computer, yeah not gonna happen.

My dailies and some weeklies get done consistently most of the time, but deeper stuff maybe not.

Last time around I got a lot of the blinds done and both porches and porch furniture and bathrooms deep cleaned. I guess that's about all I can do in one quarter. Nobody here that I know of works full time, I'd like to see how they do it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:41 am

hi I am needing this focus again - hitting it a little at a time. I am with you on not getting the deep down stuff done... my eyes have been glazing over at the cards lately. my d mom (born organized) said you see it you just do it. Ahh to think like that.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Cleaning Focus”