2018's First Round Focus! Jan 2 through March 12

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
blessedw2

Re: 2018's First Round Focus! Jan 2 through March 12

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:15 am

I started ... lol :lol: on one drawer in kitchen - I washed out our utensil drawer (rah rah rah)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:43 pm

I have worked each day in the dining room

washed wood trim after dusting it
dusted
cleaned top of table and decluttered
windows vacuuming in middle, washing in middle and washing windows and removing any thing stuck to the window. (2 x 15)
called repair person
superficial dust and swiffer superficial rinse.

total so far 5 x 15 = 75 minutes :D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:59 pm

I love that you kept up with your time!

Also in outdoor week, dealt with planters and hanging baskets, neatening up, making general plans.

kitchen was just constant cleaning - I don't believe I have anything special to report. We have done preliminary shopping for a new fridge, which worries my pocketbook.

living and dining are still in flux. Grateful for so much LR neatening when HRH and I did the spruce-up of all the video area. Also a few days back I worked on the coffee table with felt pen of maple stain and buffing all over, then Pledge. It looks good from a distance, lol. But in truth that table has been a workhorse in the middle of the traffic and living of the house, and up close it looks it.

Problem: what to use for coasters. Many sold for the purpose are just too small, too thin, or non-absorbent, letting water drip off edges, etc. Cloth as in hotpad types is wonderfully absorbent thank goodness, but gets stained easily, or still allows heat through.

HRH sometimes uses an insulated plastic mug that doesn't sweat, which does help some.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:13 am

Hello d Harriet!

wonderful about your outdoor week! You are making me feel spring even here!

I hope you find a nice fridge on sale - I know we bought ours about 4 years ago and I too was surprised at the price. Hoping you find a beautiful fridge that doesn't worry your pocket book too much!

I have that problem (your table) with my end tables and coffee tables - the scratches are so deep that no matter what you still know that they are there.

Re: coasters.
my d sis in law's husband is a golfer but they have a coaster that is that fake short grass on wood with a wood trim 1/8" around it - not the prettiest but it keeps all drips, heat etc. off the tables. my d mom put glass on her table and end tables - expensive but in a way I wish I would have done that. I also had a new coffee table and with in a week the dog that (wasn't ours), we were taking care - a sweet bull dog- chewed off the bottom of the top corner of that week old coffee table. I still have to have it but the wood is now coloured but there is definitely a visible piece gnawed off.

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Coaster ... AZXRDZC1EZ (not pretty but absorbent)

Always a joy - have a great week!

Return to “Cleaning Focus”