2018's Second Round Focus! March 19 through June 3

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

2018's Second Round Focus! March 19 through June 3

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:53 am

Trying something new during 2018 by placing our current thread FIRST in the line-up of topics in the forum, so it's easy to find and chat in current time! :idea: Our second round's calendar is in this post. The locked sticky threads about Focus Cleaning are just below, including the full 2018 Focus Cleaning Calendar for planning.

A consistently clean home is within reach! It's not that we need to clean everything suddenly :shock: it's just that we need to clean some consistently throughout the year :) we know that. Focus gives us one already-complete plan for a rotation to keep us on track and keep each lovely area from neglect. We don't have to re-invent the wheel, just roll along with the one we have at the ready, a week at a time.

Here's a space to chat about our SECOND rounds through our homes (Woo Hoo!), which will be from Monday, March 19 through the week ending June 3. Eleven rooms/areas for eleven weeks. Change the room names around to suit your home, record them in personal record-keeping if you want, in whatever form you'd like, and let's go through the house once!

If you are on a different plan for cleaning, please chat with us anyway, okay? We'd love to hear what you are doing through these months. To find some reminders and tips about rooms, check out the locked thread titled, " The Eleven Focus areas and their How-To-Clean Notes " . The contents listing there is clickable :idea: and you'll go right to the room you click.

Round 2
3/19/2018 porch/entry
3/26/2018 bedrooms
4/2/2018 bathrooms
4/9/2018 office/other room
4/16/2018 closets
4/23/2018 laundry
4/30/2018 storage
5/7/2018 outdoor
5/14/2018 kitchen
5/21/2018 living room
5/28/2018 dining room

blessedw2

Re: 2018's Second Round Focus! March 19 through June 3

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Trying something new during 2018 by placing our current thread FIRST in the line-up of topics in the forum, so it's easy to find and chat in current time! :idea: Our second round's calendar is in this post.
Love it d Harriet!

I agree - it is easier doing it a bit each day! I wouldn't have believed it!
I love the rotation of the zones as well!

I will join you in a woohoo! :D

Round 2
3/19/2018 porch/entry
today I took 15 minutes of work and 10 minutes of put away (unconscious clutter and decisions not made) All gone right now.

todays - Monday March 19, 2018 : moved the pie chest and dusted the dust-ies out and washed the wall and the floor under furniture. vacuumed in between front doors
vacuumed surface-ly the floor in there, swiffer dusted the stairs, swiffer surface rinse the stairs and the floor. took swiffer wiper and using new wet pad I wiped the walls. nothing grand.
tossed one thing - nothing exciting (my dejunk one thing from that zone).
This all took only 15 minutes

I know some are doing FL master bedroom (wishing you the best) - I did take one thing and put it away from master bedroom
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:33 pm

picked out some of my inspiration cards from others:

doing 5, 10 or 15 minutes - keeps you focused. It does not have to be perfect. A little at a time. no sure who from

Don't let perfectionism paralyze you. not sure

Clutter is a pile of indecision
Why you don't handle it
1. not sure what to do with it
2. causes stress
start de-clutter-ing one item a day. at first it will be hard but it will get easier
not exact quote but similar from Dianne in Denmark

I've realized everything does not have to be perfect in order to be effective
Mr. Rogers

We are queens of procrastination and perfectionism. You don't do it until it is perfect - don't do that - do just 15 minutes at a time and it will catch up!

Fly lady

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:04 pm

I tossed two stacks of things I set aside for trash day this week did not want to over load the can last week yea me. Sorted out a few other sewing things. Getting progress in that area yea me!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:57 pm

Gee, I had to correct a couple dates (numerals) in our round-2 calendar- don't know how my finger might have slipped when first typing that. Sorry! Got them right now.

blessed, I appreciated your response about coasters. Having a higher lip around the absorbent part is smart. Also impressed to see that both parts go through the dishwasher. My dmother had some with a lip around them, too. By the time I would have paid much attention as an adult, whatever had been inside for absorbency was not there any more. If I had them now, I might try to replace that. As it is, I'm thinking about the ones you linked.

For dining table, I'm considering buying a table runner that is also a trivet or hotpad, wipe-clean. One brand name is Trivet runner (all one word), which can take temperatures up to 300 degrees f and another is hotrun, which can take temperatures up to 356 degrees (and is more expensive). They come in various patterns and colors, about 12 inches wide and 36 or 40 inches long. I am interested in the ones that look like fabric. If I liked it, I suppose I could consider something like it for the coffee table - not sure.

This definitely needs to be a porch-cleaning round. Temperatures are becoming favorable! :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:38 am

hi d harriet
I have never heard of a Trivet runner - I will look that up!
So happy that your weather is good! Happy spring to you!!!

hi d nancy
Yay on getting the two stacks aside for trash day and Sorting out a few sewing things. yay on progress! Happy spring to you!!!

Happy zone cleaning!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:07 pm

today I did 2 x 15 minutes in zone as I will be gone tomorrow and I didn't want to stop that job 1/2 finished.

I dusted then really scrubbed the front door inside and trim around it. I sanded some areas as I am hoping to spackle (sp?) the door and hopefully paint soon the inside of the door.
vacuumed the kick plate on the front door (we have a double front door) and washed in between and on top.
(it took longer than I thought it would take to do the work)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:57 am

I am taking advantage of some rainy weather to get inside stuff done this round downstairs in the basement, laundry, storage shelves in one corner is looking better. A purpose in each direction, furnace, storage sewing counter in there and washer & dryer too, it is a fourth of the basement. Went through the holiday totes already yea every one on your progress!

Also working on the rec. Room.
Did heavy ckeaning day today yesterday lite cleaning not much done on decluttering then. Made up for it today!
Upstairs needs attn. But that will come later.

I have a couple of fake trees to go but have been waiting for better weather.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:15 am

A purpose in each direction
I love this d Nancy. BWTG

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:37 pm

15 minutes in zone:
washed a very dirty railing going up the stairs, washed the spindles and bottom of railing. washed bottom part of the walls in the hall to the kitchen (should do under the church bench but that will be another time), cleaned my wood church bench and dusted with pledge - moved pad and cleaned seat.
cleaned the bottom wood pieces of the individual glass of the french door and panel to the kitchen (not the kitchen side) side as I will do that when I am in the kitchen.

this week so far in zone 4 x 15 = 1 hour

Return to “Cleaning Focus”