2018's Third Round Focus! June 4 through August 19

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

2018's Third Round Focus! June 4 through August 19

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Trying something new during 2018 by placing our current thread FIRST in the line-up of topics in the forum, so it's easy to find and chat in current time! :idea: Our third round's calendar is in this post. The locked sticky threads about Focus Cleaning are just below, including the full 2018 Focus Cleaning Calendar for planning.

A consistently clean home is within reach! It's not that we need to clean everything suddenly :shock: it's just that we need to clean some consistently throughout the year :) we know that. Focus gives us one already-complete plan for a rotation to keep us on track and keep each lovely area from neglect. We don't have to re-invent the wheel, just roll along with the one we have at the ready, a week at a time.

Here's a space to chat about our THIRD rounds through our homes (Woo Hoo!), which will be from Monday, June 4 through the week ending August 19. Eleven rooms/areas for eleven weeks. Change the room names around to suit your home, record them in personal record-keeping if you want, in whatever form you'd like, and let's go through the house once!

If you are on a different plan for cleaning, please chat with us anyway, okay? We'd love to hear what you are doing through these months. To find some reminders and tips about rooms, check out the locked thread titled, " The Eleven Focus areas and their How-To-Clean Notes " . The contents listing there is clickable :idea: and you'll go right to the room you click.

Round 3
6/4/2018 porch/entry
6/11/2018 bedrooms
6/18/2018 bathrooms
6/25/2018 office/other room
7/2/2018 closets
7/9/2018 laundry
7/16/2018 storage
7/23/2018 outdoor
7/30/2018 kitchen
8/6/2018 living room
8/13/2018 dining room

blessedw2

Re: 2018's Third Round Focus! June 4 through August 19

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:25 am

Happy 3rd :shock: :D round d Harriet!!!

I know today I kept thinking that my home isn't catching up but I keep thinking of all the zone work I have done since the beginning of January that I normally would not have done. But there is deep cleaning going on here!!! I just unaware how much!

I love your zones and I mostly get at least 1 to 2 things done a week :D It's awesome! I just have to remember to post it here! :D

wishing you and everyone happy cleaning focus!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:47 pm

Didn’t stay with the calendar but DEFINITELY did some deep cleaning today!
MASTER BATH
— high/low, under/behind vacuuming (crown mold to baseboards, etc)
— vacuumed & washed bathroom window
— washed bathroom curtain
:) Quite proud of myself!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:00 pm

I am really proud of you too!!! d Lucy well done!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:01 pm

it took two days but I did it. I cleaned the inside and outside of the windows in the bathrooms plus the trim and in-between.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:20 pm

Good for you, too, blessed! Maybe next week we'll get our bedroom windows, right? :D
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:34 pm

:D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Deep cleaning behind some pieces of furniture of "office other room". I am working my way around the room with cleaning, yet still have organization to do.

I know I intended to have left this room by Monday according to my own Focus plan as well as our guidelines in Focus, but let's face it - I am NEVER fully going to be able to leave this room! Auuuuggghh! :lol: And frankly, closets can offer me a little bit of a break since they are okay.

Just going to decide now to continue my momentum even though that neglects closets this round.

BIG ~~~ vibes of encouragement ~~~
going out to all.

It's so nice to "look over and see you" working, too. You would have been laughing WITH me as I tried to get up from under a desk I'd pushed back too soon and forgot to clean just one rail before it became awkward. :roll: This was not a graceful moment.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:58 am

yahoo!
lol on never leaving a room - I feel like that about every room in my house :shock: :lol:

Vibes of encouragement going your way as well d harriet!!!

I have been completely off my focus work getting ready for may o trip and then working on recovering my house for 3 weeks to be able to do routines and bwp before getting back to focus cleaning. It's the weirdest thing... the focus cleaning gets done and I go back and it looks thirty the next time I get to it. I have to remember if I HADN'T DONE IT WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE - IT WOULD BE DISGUSTING. I used to never touch that underneath cleaning (or would do SPRING cleaning like a crazy and unhappy woman. Doing the cleaning focus keeps things better.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:50 am

I am going to go off my cleaning focus for a bit because I can see I have clutter that really needs my attention.
my french and other papers
my basement - my stuff
Flylady Kat is going to talk to me on how best to help sweet dd younger - she has good parenting and I need help to help dd declutter and get some ideas why she can't let go. dd knows. I want to do my best to help her and I think d Kat can help me help her.
she normally doesn't do this as she already has clients but was kind enough to give me some time.

I will be posting here, if you don't mind, while i work on declutter and fixing the house.

Return to “Cleaning Focus”