2018's Fourth Round Focus! Aug 20 through Nov 4

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

2018's Fourth Round Focus! Aug 20 through Nov 4

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:36 am

Trying something new during 2018 by placing our current thread FIRST in the line-up of topics in the forum, so it's easy to find and chat in current time! :idea: Our fourth round's calendar is in this post. The locked sticky threads about Focus Cleaning are just below, including the full 2018 Focus Cleaning Calendar for planning.

A consistently clean home is within reach! It's not that we need to clean everything suddenly :shock: it's just that we need to clean some consistently throughout the year :) we know that. Focus gives us one already-complete plan for a rotation to keep us on track and keep each lovely area from neglect. We don't have to re-invent the wheel, just roll along with the one we have at the ready, a week at a time.

Here's a space to chat about our FOURTH rounds through our homes (Woo Hoo!), which will be from Monday, August 20 through the week ending November 4. Eleven rooms/areas for eleven weeks. Change the room names around to suit your home, record them in personal record-keeping if you want, in whatever form you'd like, and let's go through the house once!

If you are on a different plan for cleaning, please chat with us anyway, okay? We'd love to hear what you are doing through these months. To find some reminders and tips about rooms, check out the locked thread titled, " The Eleven Focus areas and their How-To-Clean Notes " . The contents listing there is clickable :idea: and you'll go right to the room you click.

Round 4
8/20/2018 porch/entry
8/27/2018 bedrooms
9/3/2018 bathrooms
9/10/2018 office/other room
9/17/2018 closets
9/24/2018 laundry
10/1/2018 storage
10/8/2018 outdoor
10/15/2018 kitchen
10/22/2018 living room
10/29/2018 dining room

Harriet

Re: 2018's Fourth Round Focus! Aug 20 through Nov 4

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:56 am

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually a day late posting this. I was caught up in my organization and declutter push, and forgot that my "finish" yesterday was supposed to be posting this thread!! :oops:

Although I have this push planned throughout the house this week, I'm definitely going to zero in with cleaning at the entryway as we start our 4th (can you believe it?) round.

Does anyone else think of this time of year/rounds as a sort of bittersweet moment? We want to be gentle with ourselves throughout the year, of course, and never demand "everything" be done during a particular round. But when we get to this point and realize we truly NEED this round to give us a sort of finish, allowing us to move into maintenance, it is tough to look around and see that we may not feel "caught up". I know that hits me hard. The happy holidays are coming (so soon!), and we are hoping against hope that we've spent the year wisely enough to LET them be happy!

Don't be discouraged! In the first place, our self-worth is never measured in "How Hard Have You Been Working?" increments, with the Cleaning Police frowning! :lol: In the second place, others feel the same way you do. Even if one area of their home is ideal, other areas are bothering them, too!

Just jump in where you are and stick with YOUR plan, making each week an encouraging one for YOU.

blessed, was your interaction with Kat helpful? I think that's very proactive of you to reach out and ask for help from someone you admire. And how is the kitchen/bath work going with helpers? Do you still feel as though you may hug them when they leave?

lucylee, I noticed you've been getting a lot done, from your PWYC posts. Windows - hmmm ... .. so easily forgotten here.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:50 am

im Out right now but wanted to say hi! And :shock: lol that it’s the 4th quarter - oh my goodness!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Having just run my own Grand Cleaning Plan, other than the untidy kitchen everything is not too bad, BUT we enter on the top floor which is our main house and go downstairs to my craft room, and the small room at the bottom of the stairs, which leads outside and our bedroom ensuite. It is the craft room I need to sort and I have dragged half the stuff out to the other room.

Time is my hardest problem. DH doesn't do housework or gardening, so it is difficult to allocate, plus I am trying to paint our verandah. You guesed it DH doesn't do painting either. :roll:

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:31 pm

Windows -- mmmm... well... three sets of curtains. ONE window washed, inside only. So... not so much, Harriet...

I really would love to get the rest of the curtains done, and they are super lightweight, just the old "country curtains" from the 70s-80s era, you know, so I might could get the rest of the house done in one load of laundry... but... dh kinda breaks out into hives ;) when I start taking curtains down. He needs to be out of the house for a while if I'm going to do that.

Thanks for including me in the "getting things done" sentence though... I guess I am accomplishing a few things, even if I felt forced to by first-time guest arriving. And then she didn't even use the restroom. :P And wouldn't have gone past the kitchen and dining room if I had not insisted we all move to the den!

Kasalia, I am LOL and nodding in agreement! DH here has a few jobs he does... and the rest he sees no need for anyone to do, LOL. Anytime I start in on something, he's like, "Why do you have to be always DOING something?" And if you've been following this village very long at all, you KNOW that I am definitely NOT a workaholic or anything. Men... :roll:
Like -- the happy holidays coming... that's no sweat to dh -- no one will be at our house except ds & his family, so what do we care? There's certainly no need to wash curtains for THEM -- that would be dh's attitude.

I don't know really where to start, since I can't seem to stay with this plan through 11 weeks...
I think I will concentrate on the areas which were not touched AT ALL :oops: during rounds 1 -3, or were touched very little. So probably, this week should be the den. Stay tuned.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 am

Wow, on track with this that might be a first lol!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:06 am

YAY!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:50 am

I have not been able to be here because my focus is on projects and decluttering and boy what a job that has been
I am finishing up my outside work right now and working on the basemen :shock: :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:33 am

instead of focus I have been doing projects for my 15/30 minutes 4 days a week. I finished the outside work, finished the 3 season room. Next - basement again. I consider this as a focus time even though it is a declutter/project time. It is taking the place of my zones.

Return to “Cleaning Focus”