2018's Maintenance Round through End of Year

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

2018's Maintenance Round through End of Year

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Maintenance in the Focus Cleaning calendar means we have finished the 4 rounds of cleaning through our homes this year. We scale back to doing just the maintenance of our cleaning, so we can add in time for all the holiday preparations. All our 2018 work has paved the way for a calm season.

Thanksgiving planning (U.S. date) is very well outlined in Indiana's Maintenance thread, both meals and household.

How to navigate fast: it's clickable. Go to that thread's first post and see the list of weeks, and just click on each week to go to an individual week's post. (Or scroll down, of course, but it's nice to have that "contents" list there!)

Harmony

Re: 2018's Maintenance Round through End of Year

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Oh my. I would dearly love to be far enough along to be in Maintenance. There is just nothing to say about how far off schedule I am right now. Could we put the holidays off for a month later this year? :o

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:44 pm

LOL, Harmony! Yes!
I don’t think I will ever be caught up.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 pm

With some help from my dstepdil today, I believe I can say most areas of my house are caught up. But it did take some impetus (someone else showing up to squint at it - yipes!) to get this done. Between my racing to get the house ready for her ( ;) ) and her efficiency, I'm pleased. I feel as though I can head into the Thanksgiving holiday being a hostess rather than a crazy person.

Our family meal will be on Saturday. Each of our kids are planning to bring a few things. We ourselves are sort of doing the starches - corn on the cob and two kinds of potatoes. Expecting 16.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Enjoying reading through Indiana's fourth post in that thread, Planning and Organizing for December, and thinking out each suggestion as it might relate to our house. This will be an unusual time for us, pretty much knowing we won't entertain, but there are still things I can work on.

Return to “Cleaning Focus”