Cleaning 2019, Third Round Focus through August 18

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

Re: Cleaning 2019, Third Round Focus through August 18

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:11 pm

I understand that, lucylee. And also with a house that's not new and effortless, there's a feeling that even a maid who is competent elsewhere may not manage well in your house.

There are places in my house that the family knows not to treat roughly, but these are the sort of thing an efficient maid might break straightaway. There are items WE don't need to replace because we put up with their little oddities or fragility, but it would be a pain to start explaining these to someone else, and especially if the "someone elses" weren't going to be the same people each time. You'd need to make sure you were getting household items/access up to a level of easy, intuitive use for any random person.

lucylee

Re: Cleaning 2019, Third Round Focus through August 18

Postby lucylee » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:26 pm

Yes -- to all that, Harriet!

Dmom's housekeeper is good, for basic stuff, and she is just the sweetest person EVER, but ddil would NEVER want her cleaning their house because she (ddil) would be terrified she would be reporting back to dmom and me!
And I would have that fear myself, that the housekeeper would "talk" about me to other clients or her friends. But some day, I suppose I will have to have someone come in and vacuum and dust, at least. The vacuum cleaner is already a real strain on my hips and back.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Cleaning Focus”