Maintenance 2019, through end of year

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

Maintenance 2019, through end of year

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Maintenance in the Focus Cleaning calendar means we have finished the 4 rounds of cleaning through our homes this year. We scale back to doing just the maintenance of our cleaning, so we can add in time for all the holiday preparations. All our 2019 work has paved the way for a calm season.

Thanksgiving planning (U.S. date) is very well outlined in Indiana's Maintenance thread, both meals and household.

How to navigate fast: it's clickable. Go to that thread's first post and see the list of weeks, and just click on each week to go to an individual week's post. (Or scroll down, of course, but it's nice to have that "contents" list there!)

lucylee

Re: Maintenance 2019, through end of year

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:56 pm

“... we have finished the four rounds of cleaning...”
Oh. My. Goodness.
In some rooms/areas, I never even got STARTED on round 1, much less FINISHED 4 rounds...
Sometimes this makes me feel sooo frustrated and discouraged with myself.

Part of me wants to make a real push here at the end of the year and do it all NOW... and
Part of me says that is just totally unrealistic and what am I thinking???
And part of me wants to continue helping ds and ddil keep their heads above water and maybe teach them by example that it doesn’t take all day to make a real difference in the chaos they let surround them.
Part of me is already tired and just wants to curl up and read books till I get sleepy, and then take a nap.

I don’t think I’ll ever master my routines. :(
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Yeah, me too, Lucylee. Remember, you've been doing 2 houses recently and watching 2 extra kids.

I do just what we're not supposed to. When I see the holidays coming, I go into a whirlwind of activity and try to catch everything up. I know we're not supposed to do that. I do work better with a deadline approaching, otherwise I figure things can wait if they're not too bad.

Like my front porch. Recognized it needed attention, but DH has been blowing it off with the leaf blower and that helps, but it sure looks better with a water scrub. At least I did those ceiling lights out there, and I did all the fans and lights in the house. And the refrigerator sure put a wrinkle into things. Made a ton more work for me.

Thanksgiving "feels" late this year, with it being the 28th and then just 4 weeks later is Christmas. If only I could get going on stuff in the spring and summer...

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:30 pm

I'd have to agree that lucylee has been dividing her time lately, so doing a lot.

Even though I try to keep up, it is just the "try" and seldom the "complete". So there's still a whirlwind in some areas at end of year.

Return to “Cleaning Focus”