Cleaning 2020, Second Round Focus through June 7

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

Cleaning 2020, Second Round Focus through June 7

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Our current thread will always be FIRST in the line-up of topics in the forum, so it's easy to find and chat in current time! :idea: Our second round's calendar is in this post. The locked sticky threads about Focus Cleaning are just below, including the full 2020 Focus Cleaning Calendar for planning.

A consistently clean home is within reach! It's not that we need to clean everything suddenly :shock: it's just that we need to clean some consistently throughout the year :) we know that. Focus gives us one already-complete plan for a rotation to keep us on track and keep each lovely area from neglect. We don't have to re-invent the wheel, just roll along with the one we have at the ready, a week at a time.

Here's a space to chat about our SECOND rounds through our homes, which will be from Monday, March 23 through the week of June 1. Eleven rooms/areas for eleven weeks. Change the room or area names around to suit your home, record them in personal record-keeping if you want, in whatever form you'd like, and let's go through the house once!

If you are on a different plan for cleaning, please chat with us anyway, okay? We'd love to hear what you are doing through these months. To find some reminders and tips about rooms, check out the locked thread titled, The Eleven Focus areas and their How-To-Clean Notes. The contents listing there is clickable and you'll go right to the room you click.

Round 2
3/23/2020 porch/entry
3/29/2020 bedrooms
4/6/2020 bathrooms
4/13/2020 office/other room
4/20/2020 closets
4/27/2020 laundry
5/4/2020 storage
5/11/2020 outdoor
5/18/2020 kitchen
5/25/2020 living room
6/1/2020 dining room

Harriet

Re: Cleaning 2020, Second Round Focus through June 7

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Whoops, I was a day late posting, which I'll blame on busily taking care of new challenges.

Thoughts of cleaning may be on sanitary upkeep these days, more so than usual.

We are all self-isolating to varying degrees during this, the second round of 2020 Focus Cleaning. We'll have LOTS more interaction with our lovely homes! :D That doesn't mean cleaning becomes an obvious way to spend time, since we have many fascinating projects and plans of course, and who knows how we'll better ourselves. :geek: :) :idea:

We don't clean because cleaning is interesting.
We clean because cleaning is the first step to preparing surroundings where WE are free to become interesting!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm

I'm already behind!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:01 pm

I always start my rounds in the master bedroom, so I'm a little ahead, with the closet clean-out I started a couple weeks ago.
OTOH, I've kinda fallen off the wagon since then. Need to get busy again. Need sooo badly to declutter clothes, and that is sooo hard for me.
Of course, it makes it easier to do so when the shirt with the small salsa stain becomes the shirt with the large bleached out stain remover stain.
* sigh * I liked that shirt too...
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 pm

The past week was "outdoor" and I definitely did my part for that. General neatening. Getting ready for the current rains was important. I'm pleased that the new containers look so neat. Porch swept up and straightened so that we could have visits there on Mother's Day.

Kitchen upcoming, I must tell you, will be a challenge. We're pressed into having more - just having more - in the kitchen during this time in which grocery shopping is something over which I have less control. Long spans between deliveries or pickups mean the counters are accepting a lot. Also, recycling has been getting to be a huge deal because so many more things enter our home by way of cardboard boxes, etc. And in my house, there's nowhere else but kitchen for that sorting. Hopefully, early morning tomorrow will get a lot of that out of my way.

Then some actual cleaning of space underneath all the recyclables can get underway. :roll:

Fridge probably needs attention inside, because the three of us are each thinking of things to cook lately and storing. Some concoctions are not revisited. (smile)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 20, 2020 8:38 am

I didn't do zone work last week because dh and I had just spent time planting and cleaning up outside and he had pressure washed so much. Our outdoor spaces are in good shape.

I need to do kitchen work this week - cleaning lower kitchen cabinets particularly and perhaps cleaning the items (menorahs and judaica) up top. I have been working on kitchen clean up already as I do weekly cleaning too.

I am trying to pay attention to zones and keep things up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Cleaning Focus”