Cleaning 2020, Third Round Focus through August 23

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

Cleaning 2020, Third Round Focus through August 23

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:36 pm

A consistently clean home is within reach! It's not that we need to clean everything suddenly :shock: it's just that we need to clean some consistently throughout the year :) we know that. Focus gives us one already-complete plan for a rotation to keep us on track and keep each lovely area from neglect. We don't have to re-invent the wheel, just roll along with the one we have at the ready, a week at a time.

Here's a space to chat about our THIRD rounds through our homes, which will be from Monday, June 8 through the week of Monday, August 17. Eleven rooms/areas for eleven weeks. Change the room or area names around to suit your home, record them in personal record-keeping if you want, in whatever form you'd like, and let's go through the house once!

Our current thread will always be FIRST in the line-up of topics in the forum, so it's easy to find and chat in current time! :idea: Our third round's calendar is in this post. The locked sticky threads about Focus Cleaning are just below, including the full 2019 Focus Cleaning Calendar for planning.

If you are on a different plan for cleaning, please chat with us anyway, okay? We'd love to hear what you are doing through these months. To find some reminders and tips about rooms, check out the locked thread titled, The Eleven Focus areas and their How-To-Clean Notes. The contents listing there is clickable and you'll go right to the room you click.

Round 3
6/8/2020 porch/entry
6/15/2020 bedrooms
6/22/2020 bathrooms
6/29/2020 office/other room
7/6/2020 closets
7/13/2020 laundry
7/20/2020 storage
7/27/2020 outdoor
8/3/2020 kitchen
8/10/2020 living room
8/17/2020 dining room

lucylee

Re: Cleaning 2020, Third Round Focus through August 23

Postby lucylee » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:29 pm

Third Round???
Well that’s just ridiculous. What happened to the first half of the year?

(Y’all know I’m kidding. Trying to get back on track...)
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:31 am

LOL, Lucy! I know!

Believe it or not, folks, but I'm marking focus areas on my Google calendar for the week, and while doing weekly cleaning I'm making notes of things that need to be done in those focus areas. Also clarifying what areas each focus area includes and modifying slightly to include everything needed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:14 pm

"no dusty chores" for another week. Hmmm... .. I think if I close the door on a room and dust/vacuum, warning HRH to stay away, it should be okay. Also another week in which he can't lift, so that's another not-getting-cleaning-help situation. He and dd21 lifted all the trash and recyclables I'd collected last evening (oops) when we were assuming we'd gotten to the end of the restrictions. Now continued for a week. Oh well, dr examined him today and thought recovery was progressing okay.

I just find it interesting to be stopped from some cleaning chores to take care of your spouse. That's sort of a new one on me, although I've certainly avoided vacuuming because of noise if he was resting - that's been often.

lucylee, lol! "Well, that's just ridiculous."

If ever there was going to be a year that was an unbelievable one, though, this is it. Ridiculous in many ways, and one is definitely where does the time go.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:49 pm

I'm so bad at keeping to a schedule like this. It just feels so restricting to me. Odd, since I'm a by-the-rules kind of person, you'd think a schedule / chart something would be just up my alley. No, that would have me doing things when I'm not in the mood or busy somewhere else. So, around here it's mostly whatever strikes my fancy, which is usually a place that's looking gnarly at the moment.

Which means... everything isn't getting done as many times a year as it should.

And usually what prompts me is clutter on top of the dirt (which catches my attention more) and if the dirt starts to get beyond reasonable. So far this month I've worked on the back porch (the pass through shelf dirtied with my houseplants on it), cleaned 1 bedroom good, big cleanout of laundry room, and today the big closet in the hall I'd sort of call storage. So, I guess I'm keeping up.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:48 am

I modified our focus areas just a little to fit my house, and have been putting them on my Google calendar as a reminder. I am doing a little - just a little - weekly in the zone. Last week for bathrooms I cleared things off the high windowsill in the master bath and cleaned them and the window well. The window has smears outside from a bird but that window doesn't open and is hard to get to outside. I also did some clean out and reorganization under my side of the cabinet. Don't think it amounted to 15 min daily but it counts.

This week is bonus room upstairs...I hope to paint the old bookcase and then I can load it up when we get back from the beach. I'm entering books on Librarything dot org as I go too. I could work several hours up there but probably won't have time for that much. Next week is a wash because we're away.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Cleaning Focus”