Paper-Tamers' Challenge - Tame by April, 2014

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Harriet

Re: Paper-Tamers' Challenge - Tame by April, 2014

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:10 am

Finally have gathered all info relating to taxes for us and my ddad. The last form finally arrived, after I called to complain. They said lots of people hadn't gotten theirs (hmmmm) , and the forms had to be mailed by a certain date - not received by a certain date, which insulted my intelligence since the PO is not that negligent, and we all know it.

So I sat with last year's record keeping I did for tax folks, and used that as my guide to type out all the relevant info (I hope) and will be able to drop this by the tax folks' office today.

Another time today to feel the sting of a little more grief over my ddad's death. I've noticed it really happens when I need to use his return-address labels, of all things. Have had many occasions to need those for estate things or, like today, when I'll use one to identify this envelope I'll hand-deliver to secretaries.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:49 am

((())) its really hard d harriet...that still happens to me - it's a combination of sadness for his loss and missing him. I hope that the paper work from his estate settles so that the found loving memories can take over. hugs my dear!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Thank you, blessed!

I had picked up the taxes and they had been e-filed by the preparer.

Surprise call today that they needed me to return to their office. The IRS had rejected their e-filing because now you can't e-file for a deceased person, it kicks it out. (Fear of the use of deceased people's SS numbers.) They were very surprised and say it's the first time this has happened for them, even though they've done this many times. Anyway, went back and got that straightened out - will be no problem to file through the mail.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Office desk is clean h. Got paper work ready for the bookeeper quicker than ever so it is more orderly.
He has learned to put the tax stuff in a certain place easy to find so that helps. It did not take the whole weekend! Yea! Now for the personal ones. Oy!

The table needs attn. And I am feeling stuck. Eeks!... I have that down to a dull roar now!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:54 pm

[color=#800000]I read two e-books on decluttering. In 1, they said to break down the home into 4 parts, with 2 - 3 rooms/areas per part and declutter for 30 days in a row for 1 hour a day. I did 1 hour a day for 5 days, but then got ready for Father's Day.

I was Very Happy to find some floral files from The Dollar Tree, so I've put my outline forms in them, which I'm currently working on. It's a nice pretty floral addition to my (sometimes cluttered) :roll: great room end table basket. I look over at the beautiful rose and green floral design and WANT to do my work.

Also, I was Very Pleased to find writing I'd forgotten, which can be reworked and re-submitted or submitted for the first time.

In closing, I find it Very Special to be able to find "Treasures" when we tame our paper. We never know what we'll find and it's priceless. :mrgreen:
[/color]
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”