Reading & Media for June, 2014

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Ivy

Re: Reading & Media for June, 2014

Postby Ivy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:26 pm

I watched the USPGA Women's Open from Pinehurst, Golf Tourney. It was relaxing & very good. There is an 11 year old girl amateur who qualified to compete in it. She's very good. :!:

Tonight, "Life Below Zero" is on again. Yeah! :!: :P
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:56 pm

I got out "The Notebook," by Nicholas Sparks, which DD loaned me, keeps asking if I've read it, I have not, but she gave me the DVD movie for my b-day one year. I've seen that & seen it on cable-TV, too. It's so sad. :cry:

I read another "Writer's Digest" Magazine, wrote down & bookmarked websites from it, & put it into the box for Dgrson-15.5, the wrestling writer. :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:46 pm

I read an AARP magazine, found a good article, when explained a situation where oldsters are getting married in. It'll be a good short story.

We're watching the USPGA Women's Pinehurst Open, Mariners game, other baseball games & haven't seen a good movie for this evening, except so far, "Wolverine," starring Hugh Jackman.

We'll be watching different things from the 22nd - 28th, while Dgrson-17 is visiting. He might even bring movie DVD's with him. I HOPE! :!: :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Watching "the McLeod Sisters" enjoying this series a lot -netflicks. Not g rated but has sheep cows & chickens set in Australia.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:01 pm

I don't know if anyone's interested in Debbie Macomber's year #2 season of "Cedar Cove," starting again this summer on the Hallmark Channel or not. At the Hallmark website, it lists the dates, has info on the characters, & more. I can't recall specifically, but I believe it begins in July. It's at the Hallmark site. The reason I'm bringing it up is, it's a very relaxing, nice,light, romantic, series with beautiful bay scenery, filmed in Canada. There are boats and an entire town. It's a good way to forget about real life & veg out. :idea: :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:51 pm

I received another "Country Living," Magazine, there were several good ideas in it, so it's a keeper I'll not purge nor give away. I'll be re-reading it & re-using the ideas within it's creative pages.

I put Osteen's book into donation for ARC because he was telemarketing me under "Anonymous", then hanging up when our answering machine came on. I finally got fed up, when they called on FATHER'S DAY, at 6 p.m., when DD had been here AND Dson had already called. I finally answered the "Anonymous" caller this week, which was a telemarketer, looking for donations, for Osteen. I asked them to take me off their list, decided to donate his book, rather than read further because of my frustration after 6 of these calls within 1.5 weeks. :shock: I donated one of his CD's, too, on a sermon of his, so I'm sure someone will be blessed. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:02 pm

My Dr. suggested I de-stress. I got out several thin religious books, books on meditating & prayer, etc... I also find Media of PBS for us to be so wonderful. I've tried out "Sit & Be Fit" exercises for a few times, I love it, because although it looks easy & may sound like a joke to some, I actually get a good workout. :D

"So You Think You Can Dance?" on FOX is a Very Good show & so is "America's Got Talent." :idea:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:24 pm

I decided to not read a book left hanging on the door by 7th day advent folks. Just not a lot of time for reading here another craft book and get org. Mag. Went as well.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Nancy, I've never ever had a 7th Day Adventist come to my home. Once the Jehovah's Witnesses gave me a book to read, I read it, didn't coincide 100% with their beliefs, so when they came to pick up the book, DH returned it to them. It was interesting though.

I'm happy that 'Sit & Be Fit' is on TWO PBS channels at 9 a.m. M - F. :)

I miss the Vikings series. :( Hope some good new summer series' come soon.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:27 pm

It's baseball & boxing for us tonight. Boxing goes from 10 p.m. - midnight. I may nap again for 1/2-hour to be able to stay up that late. Got up at 7 a.m.

I can hardly wait for Debbie Macomber's "Cedar Cove" series to come back to The Hallmark Channel. :D It premiers on July 19th. ♥ It's her 2nd season there. The scenery's beautiful, along the bay, with boats, a lighthouse, etc... It reminds me of the Puget Sound here. :mrgreen:

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”