SEPT. 2014 READING/MEDIA

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
FelineFriend

Re: SEPT. 2014 READING/MEDIA

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:01 am

The one-armed gal came in 2nd on The Amazing Race, with her husband, last night. :mrgreen: I'm glad they're still in the race!

The Mariners games are exciting. They have tonight's game and tomorrow night's games to play. If they win them both, they'll go to the Wild Card Play-Offs! If they win there, and against the other league, they can go into the World Series! :!: I HOPE they'll be able to pull it off! :P

We'll watch the early part of Saturday Night Live tonight, but usually poop out at midnight and end up in bed. Last night, though, we were up until 12:30 a.m. and we were watching Jimmy Fallon. It was such a great show last night! :!: :D I didn't want to go to bed, but I made myself go to bed! :)

I didn't watch "Cedar Cove" tonight. I was busy with other things, so I'll watch it On Demand during this upcoming wet week. :idea:

We enjoy watching "The Price is Right," hosted by Drew Carey because it's good clean wholesome comical fun. We laugh and laugh at all the adults, young and old, acting like they're excitable Kindergarteners! :lol: It's an "UP" show to watch in the mornings and seems to set a happy note for the remainder of the day. I like that. :idea: :)
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Re: SEPT. 2014 READING/MEDIA

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:32 pm

I got some books given to me, by DD today. I've put them away, but kept some interesting ones to read as devo books during QT in the mornings and :idea: I felt they may be a good way to "wind down" in the evenings, after a busy day. :D Here are the titles and authors:

"SIMPLE KABBALAH," by Kim Zetter.

"THE ART OF LIVING - THE CLASSICAL MANUAL ON VIRTUE, HAPPINESS & EFFECTIVENESS," by Epictetus.

"THE POWER OF PATIENCE - HOW TO SLOW THE RUSH & ENJOY MORE HAPPINESS, SUCCESS, & PEACE OF MIND EVERY DAY," by M. J. Ryan, who is also the author of ATTITUDES OF GRATITUDE & CO-CREATOR OF "RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS."

"THE ART OF VIRTUE - BEN FRANKLIN'S FORMULA FOR SUCCESSFUL LIVING," by Benjamin Frankln.

"GRACE HAPPENS HERE - YOU ARE STANDING WHERE GRACE IS HAPPENING," by Max Lucado.

I believe the nature and subject matter of these books will be conducive to relaxation, too. :D
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”