Paper-Tamers' Challenge - Tame by April, 2015

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
blessedw2

Re: Paper-Tamers' Challenge - Tame by April, 2015

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:36 am

February spending now listed. I only have a bit of money left for the month... geesh
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:32 am

spending tamed... well at least it's put into it's cage again. everything on excel for February
some things have come up that was not planned on

dd's taxi's back and forth
her train ride tickets
going to indiana and spending the night and costs related to that
having to pay full price for my meds until I meet the deductible so 446.13 dowsers
cat meds up 189.89
vet visit

todays spending: grocery store, butcher, donation to cancer polar plunge in our area, lottery (I never play but keeping fingers crossed), meds, pay back dh 9.44 -

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:39 am

I would love to know how people (especially those that travel) record their spending.
I write it in a book right away but this week I haven't had time to put into excel - I think I have to keep up with doing it at night.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:10 pm

it took me some time but all of february 2015 is up to date...
everything separated by groceries, cabs, medical etc... and on excel
Budget for march setup ha ha I thought it was but I was wrong because new things are on the list already for payment
excel file for march 2015 set up

I am completely done with 2014! dh will get a copy this weekend
I figured how much I spent on food, eating out, gas, starbucks 8-), I averaged it out and I am surprised - I can make changes but some things are set.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:28 am

dh has all of the tax information together (I will check with him later to see what is missing)
February 2015 spending is up to date on excel - and checked off my spending book
I still have to have a budget for March - not done yet.
I will be meeting with dh and dd younger re: budget and monies needed for the this year. (that make me laugh... last year I spent the year listing what I spent and boy did we have surprises).

Also I have to put money aside to pay accountant for doing everyones tax returns. :shock: ;)
March will be a very very tight month

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Hurray! blessed, you are accomplishing so much.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Thank you!!! I love this section as it is a visual reminder of what needs doing. Thanks for the help D Harriet!

today's monies listed.unnecessary receipts recycled. I am down to minimum money right now until March 1rst. $361.00 for me in my checking account and three days left. dh is a little better, but not by much, in his checking. I don't want to use charge cards. No money put aside this month either :roll: ;) I really squeaked by this month but we had lots of expenses with going downtown and medical.

I still have to pay off my couch from pottery barn but I need to put money aside for taxes coming up in june -

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:55 am

monies spent yesterday moved from my carry with book to excel. Three more days until pay day!!!

goal (to see if it works) as February took us for a financial ride
1. eat out only once and a really nice restaurant
2. go back to having starbucks twice a week - no eating out
3. buy dog food, cat food, litter in beginning of month and see if they will give me some discount???? store in 3 season room
4. plan fun that is outdoors
5. Automatically subtract expenses from checking account, on paper only, of known expenses and start subtracting from what I have left.
including gifts etc.

continue: writing down my whims of wanting to buy things or do things for people as that gets me in trouble the most... if I write down what I am thinking I find that I won't do it. (I talk myself out of it)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:35 am

monies listed on excel sheet for yesterday - dh still waiting for some things for taxes. my budget yesterday got hit again. so frustrating- but this I could have planned better. I have to change some habits but not sure where.

made my budget for March and I am already 937 over budget. - that doesn't even include expenses for d uncle or dentist.

things that are adding to the problem: meds are expensive - I am still paying off pottery barn 200 a month - animal costs this month pushed us over -
dr visits that will not be completely covered by insurance
I will have to do something bc I don't want to put the 937 on a credit card.
May start dying my own hair and getting hair cuts at super cuts instead of my favorite place. I have to dye my hair every 3 weeks. I want a savings plan in place again but I have to temporarily put this on hold

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:59 am

today is the D day for family regarding getting budget for March and seeing what was spent in February. (just giving them a copy to help them be aware) - dd olders business is coming along but it may be another 6 months before it really pays off
d uncles expenses is just the new ... new - I am sure I will get paid back but for now it is still coming out of our budget.

I have to make a couple calls re: taxes as we haven't gotten in our forms.

on my way to bank to pay off one charge card (again... ;) ) and to whittle other one down - hoping to pay it off next month

things to add to book: I toss the old (zap it actually in the shredder) the paid off bills - sometimes I can make an extra payment and I don't have the addresses etc.
so dh and I decided to keep the emergency phone #'s from cards and the payment addresses as well as the account numbers in our password book.

I am actually going to be over budget $1366.00 for March - I have no idea what I can cut.

GAVE FAMILY BUDGET FOR MONTH AND WHAT WAS SPENT for February :D :D :D . DH WAS OKAY :D
All monies spent for 14 months is known etc... by dh = completely done!!! and all files put away. :D
Gave dh his actual budget - he keeps track of the regular spending but no budget - he was surprised at his grocery bill of misc. things as I do the grocery shopping on my budget. He didn't know he spent money on groceries.

Now we all have to work together to keep expenses small.

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”