Paper-Tamers' Challenge - Tame by April, 2015

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Harriet

Re: Paper-Tamers' Challenge - Tame by April, 2015

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:01 pm

blessed, you are a wonderful example, not because you are perfect, but because you are consistent.

I added additional paperwork to my load recently in the form of churchwork and also new extended-family responsibility. Am slowly learning how to dove-tail this all in.

Best help for me is to keep things very separate. I prepared a desk drawer for anything related to church, for instance. Large enough for everything to go in there and be secure and invisible. Relatively near the spot I would normally work on it, as well.

Have continued to recommend my post-it note trick for page protectors and several IRL folks have thanked me for it. ( Cut away for use only the sticky part of the post-it note, and label it on the sticky side with Sharpie marker. Then affix it just inside an upper corner of the page protector to label the contents. Can be removed by you easily, but won't come loose on its own. Has been wonderful for alphabetizing music. )

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Thank you d Harriet - very sweet of you! :D

Also Great work on separating all the different financial areas of responsibility!!! Great idea re: the post its - easily seen and a great way to alphabetize!

I am glad I have been on top of things. Pay day skipped us by accident. I called and fixed the whole thing. So check is in the mail for this monday's deposit.

my credit card should be paid off again on monday! (lets see how long) ;) I still have to work on dh's card as it has christmas still on it.
So far I paid off the card that dd younger rarely uses and paid off the pottery barn couch.

goal: save money each month for taxes, extras and christmas and we have a wedding next year for d nephew and d n in law. I also am supposed to have the family reunion at my house and french relatives and across the country visiting... an expensive venture.

My budget stinks. I need more money lol.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:51 pm

April up to date.. I still need to print out budget for this month for family

I still have to total up the amounts for March ... everything is logged but I still have to get it together for the book... entertainment, fuel, groceries etc.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:31 am

I started my April budget and spending excel sheet that I have been doing for awhile. DONE FOR TODAY!

Every day I list my spending according to Groceries, entertainment, eating out, gas, taxes etc. - I find I want to spend like crazy at the end of the month when money is tight. working on that.

I made my March spending sheet... wow is all I can say. But I am still working at it.

I thought I could change my siding this summer. I can't; but I will save up for next summer

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:11 pm

4-8-15
I started a savings account for christmas on it's own and another savings for taxes for next June 2016 Yay!

Listing my spending and paperwork seems to take me at least a 1/2 hour daily. (use excel) ;)

dh told me he didn't need the usual amount for this month... yay ... so I can pay off my credit card in full this month. paid in full :D

I made a impulse shopping move that cost me a lot...all based on wish fulfillment/want as well as imagination of the "perfect" parties and events and dealing with stress lately. - I can't justify it either but will have to accept it as I did it.

Things I need next month: new gym shoes
pay the people I hired (bc dh couldn't do it) to do spring clean up and put would chips down
expense: for May so far: family reunion stay - fun but expense.

4-10-15
update budget and list spending - took 10 minutes
I have pending on my charge card 34.00 - pay that when it shows up on credit card.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:41 pm

4-11 gave the family the list of what is left on the budget.
I had planned on having some lessons but can't afford it right now. ;)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm

I am a bit behind on the listing of money spent but kept my, in purse, book up to date. (stapling all the receipts and money spent in cash etc.) ...

I am also trying something when it comes to my cash... I keep some money in my wallet now at all times. When I spend money and I end up having more than 5 singles... I have been taking the extra singles and putting them in my saving book for the end of the month. I will let you know if I save anything extra. So far I have $7.00 put aside. (That will be put aside for Christmas additional to what I have to put in at the beginning of each month).

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:38 am

All our checks to accountant and state and other taxes have been cashed.

Need to change: impulses and paying for things dd's or others should pay for. Terrible with this still.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:06 am

My budgeting and saving money along side has been a blessing for me this month... I had 2 unexpected costs that I could cover without stress. Also keeping daily track of my checking and charge accounts I was able to catch a mistake on a hotel's part. Saved myself 227.00 yes!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:24 pm

weird ... lost a post.

I am ahead for next month.. I got dog food for next month/cat food too. I also gave dh a $200 gift card for Target for May - cover cat litter and any extra's I need. I found out he has $100 still on the old one.. Yay!

Bought more things for the family gathering (storing the items in my closet).

I will be going to a baby shower soon for my niece and I am thinking of getting two gift cards to target (buy one May 1 and one June 1)

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”