April cleaning focus

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
blessedw2

April cleaning focus

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:45 am

Isn't it great - our d Harriet reminded us that it's our 2nd quarter - blimey gobsmacking wow and oh my goodness

This last weeks bedroom focus went mostly out the window

This week 4-4 is bathrooms per d Harriet's focus calendar
4-11 office other room
4-18 closets
4-25 laundry
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Re: April cleaning focus

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi, blessed!

Happy bathrooms, everybody. lol - no, really, it would be nice to have happy bathrooms, so, a genuine wish.

I already had my cards made up for April, since I started with 3/28 for 4 wks per card.

In case anyone wonders how I begin a new 4 weeks in the cardfile for cleaning and declutter, I like to make up 2 bubble-in cards with 4 columns, to pencil-in a bubble for every 15 minutes I work.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Fireworks and hurrahs - celebrating bathroom week w you d Harriet!!!

Party started! 8-)

I was toooooooo lazy to wash the ceiling in our bathroom but did wash the walls the wood work and the window- door from dressing area to bathroom
Cleaned cabinet in bathroom all around
As well as the bottom of window - the part where u open the window - at the bottom that faces outside
Washed tiles in shower
Going to wash rug

Starting cleaning the wood slate doors but only got a bit it's bad - it's been a year since that was done

Happy focus❤️

Did weeklies - in our bathroom- 2days late but done

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:02 am

Letting go of my and dh bathroom until next time - I can only do what I can - I have other bathrooms that need focus

Thanks d Harriet for having this cleaning focus bc I don't have to beat myself up - I tend to think other people can do it all which logically I know is not how people who r organized clean. Ur focus helps me know it's ok that I didn't do it all bc it will come around again

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Today was a very mucky day -girls bathroom- I normally don't wash their bathroom - dd older stays here when she works nearby - but the main culprit was dd younger 8-)

Cleaned shower well glass doors need more work
Windows inside cleaned and wood trim
Woodwork cleaned
Behind toilet scrubbed
Toilet and sink clean
Floor scrubbed
Door cleaned in and out to hall
Garbage gone

Problem area needs addressing- the grout in between needs more work
Window on outside
And curtains need washing

Also swiped walls in powder room
Weeklies done
Wash bottom walls w trisodium phosphate and rinsed

Still needs doing - wash inside cabinets all bathrooms
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:58 am

Moved to next focus bathroom week of June 30,2016

Clean inside of all cabinets bathroom area
Mirror in our bathroom top and underneath
Closet door w mirror
Slat doors
Walls and vent in dressing area
Bleach grout in all bathrooms
Clean vent in powder room
Wash ceilings in all bathrooms
Wash tops of doors
Wash outside windows
Clean combs and brushes
Toss anything not necessary

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:16 am

blessed, your bathroom week has been so organized! Even the next one is organized!

Bathroom focus here was mostly early in the week, with dd35 coming in and needing to starting her work week here. My main duty in the front bathroom was to nag dd17. lol. Although I did do the deep clean of the toilet. But master bath was going to be needed privately by dd35 as she got ready for work, so I put some extra emphasis there.

Also I bought the kind of bathroom cups I like before they were all sold out. One last touch for front bathroom is that I need to replace the hand towel.

Office week should have plenty to do.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:09 pm

D Harriet lol on having to nag dd17 re bathroom! I have the same w dd20

Great job on ur bathrooms!
Dd older used our shower the other day and said it was nice - dd older and dd younger were laughing at the fact that they both didn't want to tackle- they wanted the other sister to clean up which meant no body (being me) cleaned it - lol I wasn't laughing - which made them giggle more lol

This week is also office and other room for me. Dh has offered to help

My office is in my basement- it's awful!!! Hoarder awful- I still don't know what I'm going to do w dd younger - a really good person but won't let go of anything- her room continues to b in disarray-

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:16 pm

I am not surprised you describe ddyounger as a really good person, blessed. I have no doubt of it.

I would say dd17 here is empathetic, kind and concerned about others. But she runs from her room. She hopes to open and close the door quickly so that no one criticizes. She can go into denial about it. She insists one problem is not enough storage space in the closet, and this may be true. But the remedy for that is to physically reach the closet to discover what's wrong, and she tends to put up roadblocks to doing that. Always in a rush, she will shed clothes in desperation to tug on the next clothes and make a deadline, leaving things lying, forgetting where they were in the room. I have heard clothes hangars crack underfoot, because they were fallen under a piece of clothing, lost.

Ds31 overcame this by regular purging - ruthlessly tossing items even if it hurt. This was not ideal, but it did get him out of the messy room habit. It was just something he did, alone, and he really kept me out of it. I know that he was my child who was most influenced by peer pressure - maybe he was embarrassed in front of some friend.

Dd36 overcame it, I think, because of learned organizational ability, needed for school, to compete for high grades. She began at some point treating her room the way she treated her schoolwork, and from then on there was no problem.

I didn't rear dstepson38, but I know about him that he never had the problem, even though his childhood life with his mother was turbulent and she lost custody. He ended up living with HRH, a sidetrackable, non-demanding person, full time by middle school and even then never took on sidetrackable habits. So I'm going to say this is very much related to inherited tendency. He seems most like his mother's sister to me - loves order like she always has (I knew her in school).

Maybe my late dh was a better type of Dad image in the household than HRH is. When my late dh would drive into the driveway, ds and dd would scatter, racing to do whatever chore he had mentioned before leaving. He was a tough Dad with high expectations, and HRH has always been more willing to listen to excuses and be protective, even protecting from his own rules.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Oh, well, that's not the subject of the thread, now is it! :lol:

I put in an hour of focus on office today. Decluttering ahead is probably more helpful in this room than any other. I found I needed even more files than I already had. What we need in the office is to be able to wiggle our noses and get everything to lift up so that we can dust underneath! :idea:

Return to “Cleaning Focus”