Baby Shower Tips

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Baby Shower Tips

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 27, 2016 10:42 am

I love the candle idea, Twins!

LadyM, my apartment is the location.

Hadn't thought about size limitations.

I can easily get 30 in here if it is a mingling party. Sitting around, probably limited to 18. I have seating for about 24, more if I get chairs from the Residents' Association. But not sure I can get 24 into the room at one time.

We'll see what sort of guest list dd comes up with. I'm at 14 if everyone I thought of comes and that doesn't include others that I don't know names or actual relationship with dd (just met them at her events.)

I think with the bib decorating, I'll ask them to put math equations if they don't want to draw something. For instance "Pi hearts 1/2pint = family" (their nicknames.) That way the artsy people will do artsy things and the mathies will do math things.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 27, 2016 1:51 pm

All these ideas are so great! At ddil's baby shower, I think it was more like the tea someone mentioned. We just had food (cake, punch, light snacks) and sat around and talked... and I think someone (other than ddil) actually opened the gifts and displayed them. Looking back, I wish ddil had opened the gifts -- and I can't remember for certain -- she might have opened them. But I don't think she did, and she probably would have liked to have done that herself.

I wouldn't overdo games, but a couple of fun things like that with prizes would be fun.
Tomorrow is another day.

helia

Postby helia » Fri May 27, 2016 5:06 pm

I can only remember one game at S' shower. And we had the writing advice activity for those who wanted to participate. Yeah, so many games out there are so hokey.

Return to “The Creative Home”