Declutter Strategy Meeting, October 2017

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harmony

Re: Declutter Strategy Meeting, October 2017

Postby Harmony » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:44 pm

I have a space could use a skinny cabinet in a bathroom we don't use much. I always thought if I started using it more I'd need a cabinet next to the pedestal sink. Started looking at images on the net, yikes there are all sorts and sizes and all prices!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:50 pm

I was surprised how quickly I was able to declutter and dust off a shelf in the sewing storage zone today. I have some things in a staging spot to go upstairs and out into the rig for donation.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:18 am

I have been decluttering the deck it looks better. I do tnis when I am out doing hen chores. Using the 2 min. Do it now gtd idea - if is takes less than 2 min. Do it now. We loaded the old chair and foot stool to go to the dump.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:29 am

Nancy, you have been a whirlwind lately! Congrats on getting things done.

I dropped off 2 humongous picture frames to thrift shop. Have kept the pictures that were in them. Re-framed one in a smaller frame that I already had and the other picture is leaning on the mantel--I like it better without a frame.

Our basement is about to be emptied as DD is coming to move her belongings out of there. So happy for her to be reunited with her things! :)
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Wtg ellyphant.

Trying to get out of the sedentary lifestyle a hurt leg had me in last summer.

Zone cleaning had a few things to let go of, did that today, the building supply store has a donation bin for clothes & shoes, pants went in there. Grange trading post got home made sketch book, & sm. Art easil, and free directors chair plus a pumpkin shaped container with a dish cloth in it, and beads. Yea for these successes.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Ya'll are doing so much.

Smaller bathroom cabinets - ours has been a win-win. HRH just loves it. He says it changed the whole look. And it's practical for rolls of tissue and also cleaning wipes. A plant on it gives a fresh look.

Moving some furniture around meant going through some extra organization here. We bought some new plastic (rubber?) storage boxes, too. Because HRH wanted to move a filing cabinet, there's a lot of paper taming that's going on.

I am thinking of making some more of my own wrapping-paper-covered storage boxes again for places I would want them to look more decorative, or blend in on furniture like bookcases. I am still very pleased with the one I covered in a dark wrapping paper with a repeating pattern and glued a part from a broken trophy on the upper front to look like a clasp. It's in our bedroom and looks as decorative as anything I could have bought. I know it's not long-lasting, but it cost next to nothing and I got to pick what it looked like instead of taking whatever a store had.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”