FINAL FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: FINAL FRIDAY

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Re Rulolph day - I used p and p card a green recipe card for a reminder to do some holiday prep all year like setting up a holiday savings account. Making bigger projects in the early spring like a quilt or knitting / crocheting an afghan. In the sumner growing herbs and other garden goodies for home made canned goods / jar gifts. Getting jars on hand like at yd. Sales.

These days we just give cash.

The savings was needed for the extra Thanksgiving food that was needed as well.

I am working on control journal lists and holiday planner. Hoping I put my cheese cake recipe in the recipe section here lol. I want to send it to my sis.

Got the tags on the rig h did that yesterday.

Dog has been bathed, cleaned the bathroom, started a load of laundry, dog towels mostly.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Just got a call from my traveling companion friend. Because some of our shore excursions were cancelled, we were supposed to get checks from the cruise line. They sent them all right - to the person whose health forced her to cancel! Given their creative accounting processes, we are by no means assured that they gave us the right amounts. Even if the total amount is right, it is more likely than not they are distributed incorrectly.

For her next adventure M wants a river cruise down the Danube. I'm not sure that is in my budget, but I will (eventually) do a quick scan of prices to find out. It's not on my dream trip list, but I need a new list. I have completed everything on it! I'm sure there are many fun places left, I just have to figure out which ones I want. I truly enjoyed all the walking around I did in Hawaii through forests. I don't see myself doing a city type vacation. What to do? What to do? By the time my budget allows a grand vacation again, I am sure I will think of something. It's just odd not having a goal.

Guess I had better get back to those contract numbers. My update routine is updating the tables properly, but not the changelog.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Cut my lip AFTER gathering stuff and getting jacket on for errands. So waited a while with a dab of neosporin and a piece of tissue on it like men use for shaving cuts. Sigh. Would rather not go out into the world with the tissue.

Took a long phone call from a dcousin who has kept up with very local political races (council, etc.) at meet-and-greets, etc. I'll share his thoughts with my family. My own best wishes go with the attempt to oust the same (only) council member I've ever felt should be ousted. It probably won't happen after years of name-association, including his good fortune of having the same name as a former mayor. But at least his 4-candidate "slate" (his word) he has formed can be broken up. He pays for their newspaper ads, yet they say at meet-and-greets they are not together. Then when he's asked he says sure, they're a "slate"! :roll: My cousin says the rest all go pale at that point. That's fine, there are other reputable individual candidates who won't owe anybody, lol.

Finally went on errands to
pharmacy 1
bank for church
Any Blood Test (Lab Corp)

That will finish my private monitoring between usual blood work times at dr's office. I've appreciated the convenience.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:44 pm

sorry you hurt your lip d harriet!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Elizabeth my travel dreams seeing the Holy Land. U have already been to Hawaii a cruise around the islands Alaska?

They have knitting spinning and weaving cruises I think might be fun.

I did a rock drop w ddog. Dog bedding is in the wash now.

I got hen feed transferred to the other sack so I can use the other one now for a tote bag.

Saw dinner in a pumpkin on u tube by shes in her apron. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL_v4v6rMwM
Inspired me to cook spagitti squash in the crock pot. I remember mom used to do stuffed acorn squash it was meat loaf cooked in a squash. I am looking forward to changing this up a bit w left overs. Payroll for me in a while.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:56 pm

re: d kids and list - I have been doing this for a long time.(they know the drill) .. lol they know I start asking in October (after caring for others they knew I didn't have the time not to shop early plus I dislike shopping in December as people tend to be cranky). They give me pictures from the internet with links. (my youngest niece (15) looks for sales on line (the cousins do a name pick). My girls know my budget for each of them. dd younger does a beautiful list with pictures from the internet etc. so I get something they really want, plus a surprise or two.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:01 pm

the recipe looks good!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:09 pm

we went to coffee with some new people (i think soon to be friends) - along with d mom and dd younger. They were so so nice. We had a really lovely time!

we then went to a glorified pumpkin farm (so sad - they don't have pick your own and it's like a crazy amusement park - so expensive for people with children) We always went to a small family pumpkin farm that was so warm and welcoming but they sold their land.

Dd younger bought a winter coat at ll b ean and d mom bought a hat. We ended the nice day with a late lunch/early dinner. Such a nice day - I had planned on working in the house but the day disappeared.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Our church sells pumpkins. Some farmer gives us a whole field of pumpkins which we set out on pallets and we give him half what we get. Always some left over. The teenagers sling them for fun and then they clean it all up. DH brought one home couple years ago, I went to all the trouble to make pumpkin puree and I think it's still in the freezer. I guess I should just throw it away. Was a lot of work; my intentions were good.

Rudolph day. Made me remember the year I made 4 twin size and 1 double size quilts for the grandkids. Never gonna do that again!

Big Ta-Da. The hurricane shutters are all down. All except the 2 big huge up high windows on the side of the shop. Tried to talk DH into just leaving them up because they're so hard to get down and it's all ladder work, but he says it's too dark in the shop he wants them down. So... and I need help with a few of the sidewalk bolts I couldn't get screwed down flat with the concrete. I was using a manual screwdriver, that might have been the problem.

We are getting sun in the house now! 8-)

My back is pretty stiff. Think I will just sit the rest of the day.

Ooh, ouch Harriet! Not gonna ask how you did that, but I'll admit to using something sharp on my chin one time and cutting it. :oops:

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:20 pm

I have about 10 minutes before leaving. I have to run errands before hitting home. I have no idea what I will eat.

In answer to Nancy's question, I am not sure about Alaska because me and cold do not get along! The xBFF says resorts in Mexico are good value for the money. I enjoyed Hawaii so much, maybe I should try Tahiti. I would sure love to learn Tahitian dancing. It would be fun to go on a Styx cruise with my dad. Mom wants to have a Christmas in Germany, but I don't think any of her kids can afford that. There are crochet cruises, but every cruise includes crochet when I am on it! I don't think my trip to Slovenia is going to happen. The friend I was going with still has financial troubles, compounded by breast cancer treatment. DD15 wants to go to England.

Harmony: Vets recommend pureed pumpkin for kittens and puppies with diarrhea. Maybe an animal shelter or organization would put it to good use. Kittens love it.

Return to “Post When You Can”