Sit Up & Take Notice Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Sit Up & Take Notice Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:58 am

The excitement and fun of learning new things,
the great benefits of monitoring those we already know,
and the wisdom of keeping an eye out! ;)

What will you be sitting up to take notice of today?

blessedw2

Re: Sit Up & Take Notice Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 am

I absolutely loved your opening d Harriet!

good morning to you and all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:03 am

I slept most of the day yesterday - mmmm but I am looking at this as an a opportunity to have more energy today :D

I saw most of d sis in laws yesterday for coffee - always so fun.

the turkey I bought for Monday is still mostly frozen! They suggest running cold water over it and changing the water every 30 minutes

have a lovely Sunday!!!

feeling a bit guilty bc I or the girls never called d mom (I talk to her daily and mostly see her daily)

October 29, 2017 do pumpkins
Sunday:
baking day
planning day/bill day

Continue Kitchen Focus for week.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:25 am

Last night Kathryn said:
We don't have to go anywhere tomorrow and may stay home all day due to the heavy rain
Yes, me too. It is a typical closing down the campground kind of day!! It's cold, it's very rainy and we're supposed to have high winds through Monday evening. Perfect! One of the RV's dh has to winterize today (and the guy was supposed to come yesterday -grrr) is one of those he has to crawl way under to get to the low point drains. He's already worried about getting to our lines with the compressor and everything Tuesday morning -because of all the rain.

We went to the Smorgasbord last night with all of DS-A's family and our dgd22 & her boyfriend. Came home and went to bed fairly early. But then I was awake from about 1-6. Slept till about 7:30. I kept wondering in the night where in the world my support stockings were (for travel). That got me wondering where my wedding/engagement ring were -going to have them resized but not yet. Finally got up (dh had gone to the recliner a few hours earlier) and searched all my dresser drawers and found the jewelry. The stockings were in a small mesh container that had slipped behind our tv. So was able to go back to bed. I also tried out dh's new "My p illow". Found myself thinking how comfortable it was -and my mind kept going there. :roll:

Off to breakfast and then to check my lists and checking them twice. I'm staying in all day! If we get a break I'll put a few things in the car and go put some peppermint pads around dd's motorhome.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:03 am

I hope tonights sleep will be restful d dee! the best today to you as you check your list and then testing it twice. :D

oh my goodness - I have been up since before 7 and I have been unfocused - it's 9:02!!! how do I let that happen! dh isn't up yet and usually he is up earlier - I almost feel like my day shouldn't start until he is awake. :D okay I have to put that one on my excuse list ;) :D

emptied dw and refilled from last night (so far behind - did not do dailies yesterday or night time dailies - it always makes me grumpy waking up to clutter and dirty dishes) (but do I do the work when I first wake up ... NO 8-) )

time for counters and sink

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:37 am

all but one counter done
stove done
put away done in kitchen
pan soaking so sink isn't done
pulled slow cooker for pot roast today as dd's are here to do the pumpkins (hopefully)

Next before starting pot roast: manage the clutter sewing mound/bill mound on kitchen table where I have been working

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:05 pm

pot roast is in the slow cooker on high for 6 hours. (unfortunately it is not from scratch - I used the onion soup mix as my d family likes it. I am not a beef eater (rarely) but my dh and dd's like it).

Asked d mom if she wanted to come over to cut our pumpkins and make caramel apples. I don't think she was "that" thrilled but is a bit lonely today.

my family hasn't said anything yet - I am wearing a hair net while cooking ... lol ... I am just waiting to see when they notice.

today is my baking day - I decided to add this to my bill day so that dd younger, dd older and I can get time together on Sunday. I would love to have Sunday dinner like my d grandma had. I may not be able to bring my mom's family back but I can re-create some family times with her. i just didn't want to do things outside of the house on Sundays as it is so crowded.

Sink is still not clean :arrow:
time to empty the clean dishes out of the dishwasher done
time for the grocery store as I need celery and onion for turkey tomorrow
and caramel for the apples

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Got a good deal of the kitchen done and still have probably 45 minutes to go (if I truly focus). Some I won't be able to 'bag up' until Tuesday morning or possibly Monday night. Packed our two carry bins of meds in the car. It's poured steadily ever since. Not sure I have anything else ready to go in yet anyway.

Dh got the two winterizations done. And a WooHoo! as he discovered that the latter one he did which he figured meant crawling under the camper to the deck side -it didn't. He found he could access the low point drains just under the RV by the wheel well. So his winterizations are DONE. I went through all the index cards and made sure I had the date done and what each one paid. Think he said he did 78 units and we still have ours to go. This is our 'spending' money for FL. He's always so proud to count what he's taken in between that, bottles/cans and recyclables. It's in his blood. :P

I'm still missing the one pair of compression stockings that I really like. I may stop off at a W mart on the way to see if they have any. Usually they're in black. I'm going to wear jeans Tuesday so maybe I'll wear one of dh's pairs (he has 3) and they're black. Then I'll put on the beige ones Wednesday -not as easy to put on.

I'm happy to keep crossing off items on my lists with highlighter! :)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Got to see 4 deer when I did a rock drop, and put up nails for a sign and to hang things. Yea, for getting that accomplished.

Work day payroll for me. Has started.
Pizza for lunch is in the oven.

I decluttered some kids stuff another drawer done in main bathroom, kept 2 outfits to change in it others are in kids book bag in toy room. Also Declutered the girls toys out of the toy tote. They are excited to play with matchbox toys yea for progress!

H got nails up for hanging up dust Pan etc.

I need to get stuff for cheese cake on the list.
Also tky Breast to smoke.
I need to get bbq ash emptied out.
Let hens out next up.
I need to clear off the lr desk, work on the table and clutter zones in dining rm & kit. today's goals.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Miserable day here. Cold, drafty, lots of rain.

My apartment smells very strongly of wood smoke (as in burn the back of your throat). My guess is one of the penthouses tried to have a fire in their fireplace. You cannot do that if there is any wind - the down draft is too strong! At least one of the apartments have converted their fireplace to a fake one with an electric insert. I've been upstairs days after a newbie to the penthouses has had a wood fire and still been able to smell it. The latest tenant up there has been there for 18+ months now so should know better but perhaps didn't. It could also be from the neighbourhood but I don't see any smoke coming from any chimneys below us.

Dgs and family are too sick to visit so we are running over there with the wig dd needs for her costume and leaving it at the door. We'll drive by the new apartment next to get a sense of where it is.

Despite skipping church, the Spirit has been active here and plans for the apartment are coming together brilliantly. One by one, things we needed land in our laps and the cleaning party is all set for the 4th and the trucks are now lined up for the 10th and 11th. I'm impressed by how well this is going but not totally surprised, church ladies are an incredible force of nature. These are churches that neighbour my pastoral charge and they didn't want to sponsor a refugee family themselves so have joined in with us and are doing an amazing job.

I'm also working on the RA stuff, that's three different projects, 2 for this week and 1 for the 30th but needs prep work now.

I get to take off the Holter monitor in 30 minutes. I have an alarm set for that and am looking forward to it. The leads are itchy and I'm tired of having the machine hanging around my waist. I feel even fatter than usual.

Return to “Post When You Can”