MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT! MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT! MONDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Home again after a walk.

We went to the grocery store to look at mops. They are like razors. I have the handle, Vileda no long sells the custom end and their new refills cost $7.95 and a mop with refill costs $9.95. Except, you don't know how long they'll sell the new style. In my case I replaced the end once and then it was obsolete. I'm pretty annoyed.

We had fancy 'artisan' pizza from the fancy grocery store along with fancy juices and ate in their dining area upstairs. It was nice - felt like being in NYC. But we both like Dominos pizza just as much at half the cost.

We priced coffee 'boxes' from the coffee shop ($60 for 36 cups) and now I'm going to price Tim Horton's and McDonalds. I'd prefer to just set up two coffee makers and make it fresh but dh thinks it is a terrible idea. One is harder to set up and clean up and will need me to go to the dollar store before Sunday; the other costs 4x as much and involves me making phone calls to set up, sending someone to go get the coffee before the event and someone to take back the container after the event. Preferably the same person since there's a deposit to be recovered.

I'm having decaf tea now and trying to get motivated. All I've managed to accomplish today is the laundry (not yet finished) and the errands. The errands weren't expected.

It is still really windy but the rain has stopped for a while. Walking near the building wasn't pleasant.

The two trees that fell down in the wind have already been removed. It smelled like Christmas as we walked past!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Kudos to blessed's kind dh! I like that quote, too. So true.

Thinking of LadyM's community following the wreck.

I continue to wade through the impossible-to-file items of paper-life.

HRH spent hours on a problem today by phone and email and finally finished by 5:00 p.m. business day end, with about 1 second to spare. I'm so glad - I wouldn't want to spend an evening with him if offices had closed before he had some reassurance! He had been filling out an on-line form this morning and mistakenly clicked the wrong info button to answer one question. That sent the whole process into lockdown because it made it look like someone was trying to steal his identity or something. The form disappeared with a whoosh. He's spent the rest of the day trying to get people on the phone to just believe he's himself.

Chicken chores done, but I see more I should work on tomorrow. They didn't want their roaming time today - I suspect a hawk is above. We have recently lost our New Hampshire Red (not to a predator, just age), and we think the Orpingtons are more scared without her. Any of the Reds types of chickens are often the brave leaders of a flock.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:41 pm

I did MOVE IT today. Laundry to on site laundry room. Checked to make sure my federal pension deposited. Put together a mini list of necessities. Retrieved lol and started some in the dryer (my stack unit washer died). Did the med part of morning routines. Went to grocery. Home. Put away cold stuff. Had late brunch of coffee and pastries. More of lol to dryer.

After which I felt a nap was in order, with Not My Cat who comes to visit and snack.

After nap, shower. Phone call to med supply company, they are still waiting on copy of discharge from home health service and they can't ship what I need and bill Medicare until they have it but will send me some 'samples' (it's only been a whole week since I was discharged; nursing care was great but administrative stuff stinks). Some clothes from dryer to hang from shower rod until fully dry. Ordered refills for 2 meds. Had a 4pm 'lunch.' And clicked off the last of my morning routines by partially making up my daybed. Last of clothes from dryer.

I wanted to get done what I have to leave the house for because we have a cold front due in overnight and I might be too 'off balance' to drive or leave the house tomorrow. Just checked; cold front is moving through Dallas, 200 miles away, and I am beginning to feel the effects. It's the change in barometric pressure that affects my vertigo any time it goes much below 30 (now at 29.9).

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:03 pm

DGD6 was totally in her element with cheerleading. OH MY. This shy child came alive when the song & dance started. I don't think DGD6 realized there was anyone else on the planet except the high school cheerleader that was teaching the moves. I suspect this video will be played and moves practiced at least a couple dozen times between now and Friday night.

If FB reports are true, no kids were hurt in the bus accident. The motorcycle person that hit the bus was airlifted to a big city hospital.

I'm going to a local basketball game tonight. The first one of the season.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Blessed sorry your turkey did not turn out. One year I left the gizzard bag in was the worst one I ever did.

I have left overs in the crockpot for soup.
I have walked the dog.
Last evening I was grateful for my reflective vest h flash light making us more visable for traffic along the road.

I too lost a hen to old age today. She had a good life. Gotta love her timing the night before trash day.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm trying for move it Tuesday here.
broken sleep, but it was long enough, with the bonus being >8hrs in bed.
tmeds
washing blanket
started breakfast cooking.
cuop

Kathryn - Thanks for your info on highrise living. At times I'm reading real estate ads in the city, and there are things to be aware of.
re car Big sigh for costs for repairs. Nodding most things cost more than you think due to needing to get to the part that needs repair. :shock: at the electrics.

time for breakfast.
Last edited by Lynlee on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Change of plans. I'm not going to the basketball game because no one wanted to go. I don't want to go enough to go by myself.....in the cold (54 F). I need to get acclimated to the colder weather. My body is still in summer heat mode.

Soooo what am I going to do with myself tonight? HUm.......I think it will be more book reading. I am shocking myself with my avid reading selection.

VDFriend thanked me for calling her about the accident. Her DH did take the kids home using his bus.

DGS21 just text asking if he can come cook breakfast for his coworker in the morning. He isn't sure enough of his cooking skills to do it alone. He will arrive at our home at 6am and need to leave at 7:20am. I need to do a little prep to make it easier for him. I applaud his effort.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:04 pm

Q: What do you call it when it rains turkeys?
A: Fowl weather!

now the house stills smells of turkey gone bad 8-) thanks for sharing your story d nancy! Everyone here has been laughing - dh has been so so sweet, even after spending the money on a turkey.
lol dd younger said she doesn't think she can eat poultry for a little while lol

d lady I am just like you ... I love cold weather but I haven't adjusted yet either.

hi everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Really surprised about the turkey. I've made them lots of them by thawing that way and they still tasted fine. Also left the gizzard bag in one time, found it after roasting, and didn't notice any difference. I guess I just got lucky. Too bad, blessed. Turkeys are a lot of work. I'm wondering if something was bad with it before you got started.

LadyM, sure glad no kids were hurt, but I wonder about the motorcycle driver. They don't usually fare well against a big vehicle. Watched the video. Did I ever have that much PEP?

Puttering around the house today. Lots of little things done. Bed changed, 2 sets of sheets washed. accidentally splashed bleach on a gold striped pillow case. I know from experience how that type of sheet takes bleach so I soaked it in lots of bleach water for a couple hours and now I have a cream colored case with darker beige trim. I also have a whole sheet set I did the same thing to a while ago. At least it matches. :roll:

Kathryn, that's an awful price for the electronics part of the car fix. Sure makes ya think about buying those kinds of cars, huh?

Glad to read Sunny's post that they are doing ok in the rehab place. I hope it is doing DH some good.

I have another big day planned tomorrow. If I'd gotten my call back today, it'd be simpler. Means a trip out to go look at plans up at the jobsite. Yuck.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:17 pm

Can you imagine how much a Tesla would cost to fix? The kicker is only the one side panel is affected. There is no vibration, no increased road noise. Car is running fine. They just have to shut everything down completely and that costs money.

I took pictures so I'll post them over in MO. <edit: apparently I can't load them up tonight, I'm getting a weird error message, I'll try and fix it in the morning.

I spent the whole evening getting the packages ready for the tomorrow night. Not just the candy and the decorations but flyers for Sunday's event, welcome sheets, membership forms, and proxy forms for the rent review hearing. All that took time and thought but it is done. I also found the missing minutes and printed them off for the formal record book. So that's something that's been on my to-do list for 2 months finally done.

The apartment is trashed. Dh and I are off to bed and I'll deal with it in the morning.

Return to “Post When You Can”