Happy Halloween!!! Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Happy Halloween!!! Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 am

I am happy to turkey trot away from yesterday to enjoy a little (unfrightening) Halloween fun.

Is there something you find frightening in your home that you have been putting off? Can you do it today so that frightful thing goes away.
oooooooooooooo! (pretend ghost sound) eery lightening and thunder - How can you make the thing you don't want to do a little less scary -

for me: TO TELL THE TRUTH: I did leave those awful dishes in the kitchen!!! What a frightful sight (and smell) it was this morning!- I couldn't look at it yesterday and today I am paying the price 8-) :shock: ;) I told dh if I had money to waste I would build a prep kitchen with 2 dishwashers and 2 fridges and lots of counter space for cutting - a soaking sink etc. I can cook in the regular kitchen and keep all the dirty dishes in the prep kitchen. don't forget the door to shut it away from company - with a sign that says "out of order" ;) :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Happy Halloween!!! Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:36 am

one load of dishes are in the dw.

many bowls and pots washed
soaking the turkey pan and bowl for ten minutes
next the counters and stove area

I have a dr. appointment this morning and dd younger has a dental surgeon pre visit this afternoon while dh gives out halloween candy - the struggle is real here as we live where we don't get a lot of trick or treaters like the area behind us.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:41 am

I will spend at least an hour tidying and then maybe 90 minutes cleaning today. The apartment is 'scary' with how messy and overcrowded it is (more stuff for the refugees lying around like the chairs and bucket) plus all the paperwork for my RA prep plus un-dealt-with paperwork, car insurance papers and general mess. A huge bill is due tomorrow so I can't forget that either.

I'll shall pretend I'm Samantha from Bewitched and a mere twitch of my nose will get this place cleaned up!

I've already done up yesterday's dishes so that section of counter is cleared off.

I still have to s2s but my clothes are laid out including my Halloween socks. Will did through the Halloween bin for my jewelry which should be near the top. I keep my hair clip and earrings out year round so I can start wearing them and socks after our Thanksgiving but the rest of it is only worn on the 31st.

Dh has a movie this afternoon so will be home when the event starts. The plan is I'll eat on my own ahead of time and he'll do ribs in the slow cooker for himself and eat after.

This morning we pick up the rental car and drop off our car so I have to empty our car of "things I might need" which really means I can't spend a lot of time lounging around this morning.

Off to defrost my berries while I get dressed for the day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 am

yay on your tidying d kathyrn

I'll shall pretend I'm Samantha from Bewitched and a mere twitch of my nose will get this place cleaned up!
oh can you do that for me too :D

have a great day d kathryn and everyone.

Lyrics: winnie the pooh (Halloween)

Ooh, I love surprises and wearing disguises
A horribly hideous costume will do
Better be wary be spooky and scary
I'll bounce from the shadows and boo!

I wanna scare myself
And everyone else
The thrilly, and chilly old willies rise
Cover your eyes little buddy, beware
I'm twitchin' and itchin' to scare myself

Unspeakable sneakables, awful unlookables
Galloping ghostles and goblins galore
What it they find you, well look out behind you
A terrible Tigger-type roar
(That would be me)

Now Tiggers I figure make scares even bigger
They dress up and scream "Who am I, can you guess?"
And tricks always happen when ghosts are a-flappin'
And tricks are what Tiggers like best

I wanna scare myself
And everyone else
The thrilly, and chilly old willies rise
Cover your eyes little buddy, beware
I'm twitchin' and itchin' to scare myself

And who better?
Oh by the way, boo!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:21 am

I've been up and going for 4 hours. I just sat down to give my foot a rest.

DGS21 was fun to watch this morning. He had put a lot of thought into the items he prepared this morning. When he asked if he could cook breakfast here for his coworkers, I was thinking he meant breakfast type food (biscuits, eggs, etc). However, he meant sweets. He made 2 types of cookies and cinnamon rolls. He had his first experience with rolling out cookie dough between parchment paper and using cookie cutters. I enjoyed listening to him thinking through the details of the steps.

DGD6 was going to be here at 5:15am so DD could go to gym before going to work. However, I think DD motivation to exercise left her this morning because DGD6 didn't arrive until 6:15am. She had a couple of DGS21 cookies fresh out of the oven along with her cereal for breakfast.

Today is typical Tuesday with the addition of Halloween activities.
** Homeschool
** DS9 to speech therapy in city
** DGD6 from school
** WWatchers - will only do a weigh in and not stay for the meeting.
** Trick-n-treating at the Great's homes and a couple of elderly aunt/uncles homes. This will mean about 40 miles of driving from one house to another because all but one live in the country.
** Trunk & Treat at our little town

while in town for speech therapy, I'm going to take DS9 to a few stores to try on pants. It is winter time and he has no long pants! repeating to myself .....I will not panic. I will not panic. I suspect his size is something along the lines of 34x21. Good luck finding that! I need to confirm what my what tape measure shows by putting pants on him and see how they fit. Finding pants with that waist size is easy......but the shortest inseam I have found is 29". That would mean cutting 8" off and then the pants legs would be weird shaped.

Also inserted into today's activities is cooking the stew meat. We are making stew for 70 people tomorrow. I want to get the meat cooked today.

I'm in a situation that I am unsure how to respond. We had a person post on our church FB group asking for food to be sent to her overseas for Thanksgiving meal. She stated that she is not allowed to leave the base. I don't know this person or know of anyone who does know her. How to respond? I sent her a message asking for more details. What food items did she need? Where do they need to be shipped to? I know the military are fed very well - especially during holiday meals so her asking for food didn't make sense. This morning she said they have plenty of food at the base but they are tired of eating there and want to cook their own food. She is requesting us to send food for 20 people that they can cook. Uhmmmmm.....I'm stunned. I don't know how to respond to her.....nicely.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:38 am

sounds sketchy d lady - usually the U.S. gives a thanksgiving meal to the people on base - do you have where she is located etc. (division - base?)
we had a couple Navy people at our home many years ago - they wanted to be part of a home and we had so much fun with them - they could have stayed on base because a special meal was made for all navy personal who could not leave.

https://militarybenefits.info/thanksgiving/

also you can check your local army/airforce/navy recruitment and ask if they ever heard of this. I am sure there are many here that may know.

enjoy your day!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:52 am

time to shower and s2s to get to dr. appointment.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:52 am

Best wishes for your shopping trip, LadyM.

What berries are you defrosting today, Kathryn? The trick to the Samantha nose-wiggle, Montgomery used to say, was wiggling the upper lip, more than attempting to wiggle the nose. Wouldn't want you to have any mishaps with your aim.

blessed, if I remind you the USDA says bleach for surfaces that have prepared poultry, should I be ducking and running?

My scale greeted me with a smile today, which has been happening a little more often.

I just sat down to give my foot a rest.

I sit down to give my hip/leg a rest often enough that I resemble this remark. Sometimes I turn over in the night to give them a rest, I think!

LadyM and Elizabeth, thinking of you and the foot puzzlements you deal with.

Today is more organizing and going with HRH on errands.

About military request - Where in the world is she, and how difficult might it be to ship foodstuffs there? If she and coworkers there are not allowed to leave the base, even though they can cook for themselves and are tired of the food provided, it sounds distant. I guess her reply to you will tell the tale.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:25 am

Yes, agreeing that is an unusual request.

Today I am taking dbro to see dmom - need to pick him up around 12:30 or so. I might try to put together a treat bag for dmom - the bar mitzvah had "goodie bags" for those of us staying at the hotel. I'll recycle some of that stuff, and add a little candy.

-breakfast/meds
-s2s
-walk the dog
-treat bag for dmom
-make the bed

Other to dos for today are a pick up at the drugstore, and front porch clean up for the evening. The plug in jack o lanterns need to be moved to a table so they will be off the steps for tonight. We've already decided to order a pizza this evening, early!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:30 am

Hi!

I had an "appointment" to drop off more purses at 9 a.m. Although I was up just before 6, I still had a hard time to get out the door before 9. Hmmm... I think part of that was because I wanted to get more done than just dropping off the purses. I ended up going to the post office and mailing something. I also went to the bank and paid a bill. Then I went and bought cat food. 4 errands all done in less than an hour. I even remembered to measure the cistern to see if we desperately needed a delivery today or if I can just call and get it sometime this week. Thankfully, we aren't anywhere close to a dangerous level.

Bed isn't made yet, and the living room needs one more blanket to get folded.

Supper will be BBQed steak and baked potatoes on the BBQ.

I really need to get some dishes done today.

LadyM could you respond with something like "not at this time". The request may be partially spam as they may just be trying to get as many churches to donate as possible to see how much they can actually get so they can keep requesting more and more stuff in the future.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”