Happy Halloween!!! Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Happy Halloween!!! Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 pm

<Written 6.25 hours ago but not posted>

The twitching isn't working well. I seemed to have stalled.

All but the living room is much better. I tend to tidy by starting at the extremities and keep shifting the clutter to the living room. So it is still fairly trashed.

A number of emails have been sent in response to some of the papers I've been pushing around.

I have 2.5 hours until I have to set up downstairs. And I have to get the decorations loaded with batteries before I go downstairs. So I guess that's my next focus. Or maybe pulling out the vacuum because I desperately want to move these extra chairs but equally first want to vacuum where I'm putting them.

<currently>

I really needed to vacuum. I couldn't move forward mentally until I did. So I did, alternating with getting the decorations ready. Then it was time to make up my dinner and go downstairs.

Halloween was fun. We had 6 kids in total but lots of adults come through and met a few of the newer tenants. I visited the other two buildings and they were also all visiting so it was a good vibe. The point of the effort is to spread joy and sugar and it seemed to have worked.

Dh had his dinner after and we sat and watched another episode of Lucifer.

Now we are off for a walk and to move the rental back into the garage (dh parked above ground.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Sitting down to relax. Today has been a long and busy day but filled with many blessings.

I am absolutely THRILLED that I found jeans that fit DS9. THRILLED! It took him to the mall and just started trying on jeans. I didn't care what brand, style, color, price, material, etc......I just wanted to find something that would fit him. Because I was not eliminating anything I was taking one of everything to the dressing room and having DS9 try them on. We were in our 3rd trip to the fitting rooms with another 1/2 dozen possibilities to try when it happened!! Levi's 511 16H fit him perfectly. I bought all they had. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo relieved this child has some winter pants to wear. :)

Halloween was fun. Our little town blocked off the main street and both sides of the street were filled with trunk-n-treat as well as games for the kids to play. DS9 came home with 3 sacks of candy. >>>.groan.<<<<

At WW weigh in I lost 1.2 lbs. It is soo hard to lose weight and so easy to gain. After we finished Halloween activities we went out to eat Mexican food with DD & DSIL. Now we have mounds of candy on the dining room table from DS9 emptying his sacks. :roll:
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:15 pm

Harriet: that's a great idea. I have so many to choose from though. How about I just pick 30 and do each for one day?

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:37 pm

There seems a commercial pushing of Halloween here. I never used to be a thing, though 'fancy dress' at other times sometimes was. This year some folk were out in our street. I walked 3k in the afternoon and missed them at my place. I'm not sure goat fetta on rice crackers would have had the same appeal. It was the only thing I could think of, apart from saying nothankyou,
which was what I did say to political ph survey when they wanted to know my intention though who is standing for the also rans not major parties is not yet finalised for a week. Both the majors are too consorting with certain business, imo.
Preferential voting so the real question is, who to put last, sometimes.

church this morning. seniors morning tea. I won the raffle, after a $5 spend on tickets. Poppy themed mug and tea towel. War Memorial fundraiser. refuelled the car. It's automatic has sometimes had problems with gear switches. Yes it needs a service.

re electric cars, it is possible in years to come we have no choice on that.
Their range is not so far , and auto power points are not widespread here yet.
Read a piece on people wanting us not to have cars at all.
I'm not sure we are ready for pedestrian only power beyond public transport.
Not many horse and carts around either.
Bullock wagon anyone?

I'll have lunch next.
Didn't wash sheets due to some darker clouds, and of course no droplets have fallen.

condolences re NY.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:07 pm

goodnight all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:13 pm

happy afternoon to u lynlee - hope u r having a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”