Thumbs Up Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Thumbs Up Thursday

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:35 pm

I MUST s2s... yes, it is almost 2:30 pm here. :oops:
I definitely do not get a thumbs up myself. I've slept all afternoon. That is b/c I got about 4 hours sleep before dgs bounced up, announcing the time. We thought letting him stay up late would make him sleep late... but no.
(At midnight, he and dh were playing Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego?)
Anyway, after ds & ddil came to get him, I told dh I was going back to bed.

Thumbs up to dgd -- she had a good eye doctor appt. However, they do want her to come back every 3 months, b/c of her age.

Thumbs up to dh's cousin, who wants to meet us for lunch next week and will probably take the basketball tickets that ddil & dgd aren't using.

I'll even give a thumbs up to dh, who (after his initial Ralph Kramden ranting) is handling his disappointment re: ^ weekend very well.

I definitely could give all of you ladies a BIG thumbs up! :D

Before I collapsed, I guess I did have a couple of thumbs up moments myself that I should mention.
* I have now joined those who are getting Christmas shopping done. DDIL sent me a text with a link to a hat that she said, "Just so you know, I LOVED this hat the last time I was in B elk..." I wrote back, "So maybe you need a hat for Christmas?" She said, " ;) If you think I do."
Well, I am not a hat person At All and can't imagine where she will wear it, but it was on sale through today, so I got that for her and (to get $10 free shipping, spent $21 :lol: ) to get dgd a top and two pair of pants.
Also put some aftershave in my cart at A mazon.
* Called dermatologist for dh to get a refill rx.

Waving to ALL! Trying to cuop but dh is sorta rushing me to get my shower. We need to go fill up the car and go by the bank. We are eating at home tonight, but he says we can go see a movie after the AU basketball game tonight. He has to listen to it on the internet, I think.
:lol: -> Elizabeth doing laundry during football games. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:18 pm

a definite thumbs up to you d lucy and for also your compliments to those around you - wonderful!!! waving to you too!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:21 pm

oh my the lazies are definitely part of me today

all halloween is downstairs in the basement (except one decoration that dh needs to fix)
I need another orange container
4 pumpkins need to be put in the city compost pile container - I did the large one in the kitchen and dh did the 2 large and one small one in the front. compost bin is out in front for tomorrows pick up day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:08 pm

I know what I should do but I don't want to do any more house work.
being lazy today and lacking energy made my cleaning into a heavy housework day even though they were small jobs ( I didn't get all my dailies done either!)
tomorrow I will do more dailies and weeklies

tomorrow grocery shopping and errands

time to put away my vacuum cleaner
throw laundry into the dryer

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Driving the van is very stressful. I can't remember what it was like to have this second nature! It has only been about 7 years. It is pouring rain, rush hour and not my area of town so that adds to the stress.

Picked up the keys and measured the apartment. It is very nice but the building is much noisier than ours. When I say nice, I mean for a really cheap apartment. It costs about $200 a month less than a similar one in my building.

I'm in a parking lot now trying to decide what to do about dinner. I'm still on the opposite side of downtown and if I eat out I can avoid the worst of the traffic.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:35 pm

I posted in J&C. I need to get myself moving right now.

-finish putting away groceries
-start a lol (I have a lot of things that need to hang to dry, so I need to get those done to leave Sat a.m,)
-fold one lol - I have three unfolded right now
-bring plastic Jack o lanterns into the garage
-print the transcription that I need to do next for my Pro Gen feedback
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:52 pm

hi d twins!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:53 pm

card file back to normal - it got out of hand this week
pulled fall cards and will figure where to put them on Sunday paperwork day

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:58 pm

I need to write dd's re: Christmas ideas - I tell them it has to be by Thanksgiving and include links and places to shop. They are usually really good with multiple ideas for me to pick from.
(sent email to girls :D )
white laundry is dry but I am not going to take it out yet. (I missed this on Monday)

I am so so tired! good night - I am pretty sure I won't be back tonight - so sweet dreams

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Home safe. I had to get off the highway early but just 1 exit early. The road was stop and go from that point onward.

I got the van in the parking spot with just one straightening. Gave myself a thumbs up for that. I had to give myself a major pep talk to get into the dang thing to come home because I was dreading the drive so much. Did put the car into S mode instead of drive. Not sure what that is but I was at 4K revs on the highway (not good), tried knocking it back to D and revs dropped to 1800. I hadn't heard the engine before (that's why I checked the tach) and it appears it shifts the car within a shorter gear set and is good for wet weather so allsgood.

I had to go back to the van because I forgot my phone but that meant I had a chance to visit with one of the lovely tenants who gave me a thumbs up for all my work here.

Return to “Post When You Can”