Monday Memories of Fall Foliage

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday Memories of Fall Foliage

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Didn't get here earlier as dh had an appointment at the hearing aid center. Got his phone device working and an upgrade on his hearing aids (digitally not a new hearing aid). I've pretty well decided that we must have left one bag up north -either in our RV or in dd's MH. I didn't see any more bags in her MH but I'm guessing that's where it is. I did spot an A ldi's bag in the front of the garage this morning and dh brought it in. He was sure it wasn't ours...uh, yes it is. It's a bunch of the food things that I packed kind of 'last minute'. Glad he brought it in as it would have been a spell before I missed it. He is going to unlock the truck later so this pair of eyes can look in to see if they see anything that his eyes may have missed. Right! Like that could happen -oh yes it could!

Trying to make our health care decision today. Our choices are 'slim and none'. No matter what I think we'll end up with an HMO. But I might do better down here with BC/BS rather than the MVP (Preferred Care Gold) that we have. At least they 'talk' BC/BS down here. Might be able to slip by. We'll see.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:47 pm

I hope you find the bag d dee! We are doing the same thing however our drs. are not on the gold or silver plan so far - very frustrating. I don't want an HMO again but for around here there is not a need so much for HMO'S because most people are getting insurance through their work - We can do out of network - but the cost in case of something catastrophic would be ridiculous. Once dh hits 65 then at least his options will be medicare and a supplement insurance but that's 3 years away. We also found out because he went ahead (didn't talk to anyone) and applied for social sec that the amount goes on income and will be paying higher amounts for our insurance .... geesh - I wish he had asked
Good luck!

hi d cathy yay on all your dishes being done!!!

hi d elizabeth Good morning. glad you had a mostly successful weekend
thinking of geezer kitty
wishing your dd the best on her finals

hi d lady enjoy your rest and hope your foot starts listening to you and gives you a rest

hi d nancy good for you on your work ad for cooking that pumpkin

d kathryn sorry your computer is giving you a test now! wishing you a wonderful day as well
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:58 pm

ended up doing insurance stuff for awhile
went out to lunch with dh

cleaned and fringed 3 drawers in the kitchen

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Sat down for lunch. I gave DS9 permission to use a screen for 30 minutes. We will return to lessons when the timer goes off.

B: Hot mess (9 vegetables & 3 proteins)
L: BBQ pork, mashed potatoes
D: Soup & salad

DBro called last night and visited about an hour about a multitude of subjects. There was plenty of back-n-forth discussion about subjects we don't agree on however, we do agree on about 90% of the topics. The last thing we discussed was today. He was not looking forward to today (chemo treatment #2) but was ready to get-er-done and over with. Last treatment took 10 hours. He complained about how uncomfortable and hot the chair was that he had to sit in. Being his nice supportive sibling that I am (ha!), I reminded DBro that if that is all he had to complain about then he was a blessed fella. Actually, I think I said something along the lines of "Quit whining and suck it up". He said he had a plan for today. He was told it was first come-first serve so if you get there early then you get to pick your chemo chair. The chairs in the corners are bigger and supposedly more comfortable. I did tell DBro that I would buy him a comfortable chair and donate it to the chemo center for his use. He declined the offer.

DS9 has become addicted to DIY youtube videos. How to build a mouse trap from a soda bottle. How to make soda dispenser using a cardboard box. etc etc etc He is busy building his next masterpiece. :roll:

A DFriend told me this weekend the cost of her son taking chemo and SCT. $30k for each chemo treatment. He had 6 treatments. So $180k for the chemo to get him into remission. This doesn't include all the lab work, doctor visits, surgeries, etc. Then the Stem Cell Transplant (SCT) is $800k. It is over a million dollar for just the chemo & SCT. What do people do without good insurance?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 pm

my junk drawer (pencils etc) 2 of them - emptied and cleaned - tossing a lot and putting away the things that didn't belong there

listening to a christmas carol on audible

dh paid my visa bill at the bank
he also stopped by dr.
dishes washing themselves finally
now for another surprise card ...

bathroom girls - manage clutter quickly card pulled
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:34 pm

hi d lady
praying for your sweet brother! I think he knew you were kidding but probably just wanted to get the stress of it all out. - chemo treatment is a lot of sitting, horribly boring and horribly frightening because you know that the chemo will hit you the next day badly. it sucks! such a sweet offer ... I will pray that the office removes the bad chairs and replace them with comfortable chairs.

so cool about your ds - I love how you said he is building his masterpiece :D

praying for your df's son ((()))) I know we had good insurance at one time and dh's treatment was almost $600k ... thank Goodness we had good insurance then - I had a co worker who got cancer in that 1 month part of starting a new job. The bosses took over her costs. Recently a df was telling me that she found out her dh who recently died was $300k in debt bc of health and business expenses and hadn't told her. She is 70 and the government is taking it out of what ever money she has.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 pm

I haven't seen mountains or fall colors for years. :(

Not been near my computer in days. Saturday was a church function all afternoon. Sunday was nothing unusual, church etc.

Today I had mammogram, nothing unusual there. 8-)

To copy place to make color copies and everything to county office where it was approved. At least ONE of our jobs is going ok.

Insurance stuff can be a real problem. Never had company insurance, we ARE our company so paid 100% of everything for years and all the deductibles etc. on a lousy policy. I'm glad we're both on med. now.

Having real tummy issues right now. Going back to bed.
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Happy that your mammogram worked great dhamony. Such happy news
hope you feel better fast!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:13 pm

I have the pumpkin cooked bagged up cooled and it Is in the freezer now.
Hens are happy with the pumpkin peels and seeds. Lunch is over and kitchen has been reclaimed after pumpkin cooking adventures.

We have snow in the mtns all around us leaves are gone there, it is too cold to enjoy walk to see our local leaves are now past their peek. They were better last mo.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:32 pm

My favourite fall foliage is often just turning down a street and having the trees shout "Look at us!" and finding myself pausing to savour the beauty. There are many tree-lined streets in this area where the canopy almost or completely covers the street so those are magical to walk or drive down when it is a sunny day.

My second favourite, now, is a series of trees along the river's edge. On a still morning, they are reflected in the water and rising sunlight hits them at an angle that makes them glow.

I'm home for good for the day, I'm putting off the rest of the errands until tomorrow. I'm too tired to be efficient now and it will be dark soon and I don't want to be driving the van any more than I have to after dark.

I skipped picking up stuff from the church but we're out there again on Thursday so I'll do it then.

This morning I picked up a number of things, like a door mat, boot rack, shoe rack and hooks and stuff at the dollar store after showing the apartment to CM and CF.

After lunch I took dh and we met a church guy with a truck, picked up a bed frame, console table and dresser and brought those to the apartment. We also figured out how to work the door buzzer. So that's hooked up.

When we were done at the apartment, we went over to dd's, I had some things to pick up from her and we visited for about 20 minutes with dgs who was being kept up from his nap for us.

Tomorrow's errand list is long now but manageable if I write tonight - I have a service this weekend and am busy Friday and Saturday and out Saturday night.

We'll have chicken for dinner tonight, just shake-n-bake style.

I can't believe how dark it is already. My computer has switched on its blue-light filter.

Return to “Post When You Can”