Thoughtful and thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thoughtful and thankful Thursday

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:16 pm

I had lunch with dd, and saw a friend while I was there too. Then did groc. Shopping. h got home first. I had a good day mostly bc I am not worring about my mom & and dsis.

Got me a Wal mart brand swiffer, I will make covers for it been thinking about doing this for a while.

Doing laundry & watching foot ball tonight, got my notes entered in the correct journals.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Kathryn Harmony Harriet and maybe others - Its a control thing, I think, with these people who seem to like to cause problems. They so want to be 'incharge', and not take or even listen to anyone else's advice. A very human problem. Another sign of how 'common sense' is not so common for all.

Kathryn, as always I'm impressed with all the thought and effort you put into the sponsorship arrangements.
I had wondered about the NF and their complex whole family needs, so glad there are others still there for them. I hope they realise how special this help is. I do still hope that therapy and healing for NF11 is possible, and English lessons and integration possible for NFM.
Sending blessings for new couple, and prayers for all helpers to realise, its not like a makeover tv show where its all a million $ looking at the end, with unlimited funds forever. New couple will just want a safe place to sleep and live. Too much perfect will possibly leave them uncomfortable, and taste is such a variable thing as well, so one persons 'perfect' is another's cringe. Spending more is not the point for success.
Wondering if there is not a 'TM/troublemaker in the other lot midst. I'm sorry about the distress this all causes.

Harmony I hope the cash flow and activity problems are resolved. Prayers for 8yo as well as you and DH.
Also for you and DH to be kinder to your bodies, as it seems to me you push yourselves so much.

Harriet - prayers for your community, that they remember the reason for being a community.
There are some articles I've read written on church and males and control/power, written be F journalists who do attend church. Let me know if you would like a link. I'm not sure it is the same scenario though. Maybe a different side of the control thing. some were about the DV attitudes within churches.

Nancy and family are in my prayers. hugs.

I need to get my day going
boxed next weeks Tmeds.
We have played with the dose so emailed pdoc for bloodtest sooner rather than later so there is some comparison, and we can try another way of getting the maths right (I take T3 and T4 separately). I'm sure current dose is high, but want to see by how much, and what the T3/4 levels are at. I have an idea to try, but want the blood tests done before I start.
breakfast is overdue here.

prayers for y'all and the medical / ins system there. Its a pity big business is in control, imo. Money money money, its the main aim. Twould seem.
I probably need to change my company too, as a US firm bought it, and reports are it doesn't cover what it used to.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:02 pm

Kathryn, I feel bad that your ds's plans fell through, but I found myself smiling that him and his ddad will have an Iceland adventure together.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:02 am

Lilac: dh was pretty pleased to. I was on the phone with the minister and dh came in to say he was off his conference call and noted ds looked upset. Ds immediately explained what happened. He was emailing our industry friend in Iceland to see about a place to stay at that very moment. Dh then said, "how about I come too?" and ds just lit up. It made dh very happy to 'make it better' for ds. And that ds genuinely wants to travel with dh and not because he'll pay for a hotel room!

I've emailed my church refugee committee to bring them all up to date.

Now to bed. Early start in the morning so it will be a short night for me.

Oh, and it is now

SNOWING!!!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:38 am

Kathryn, is this your first snow? I can't remember if you have had any or not. We had snow on Halloween. Just enough to cover everything. By early afternoon the sun came out, it warmed up and the snow was gone. Then we had snow flurries earlier this week.

Return to “Post When You Can”