Sunday Sharing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sunday Sharing

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Sunday: paperwork day

so far bwp set up 8-)
cards are on table
christmas/thanksgiving in one pile
paperwork to be done cards in another
dailies in one pile
creative in another.

wrote d niece for ideas for her dd
wrote a song (copied of course from it's the most wonderful time of the year) for dh, dd's for ideas before Thanksgiving so that they don't have to hear me nagging.

today: check flights

oh my I am needing a kick -

dishes washing themselves
kitchen dailies (except floor done)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

helia

Postby helia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:12 pm

I'm hoping LadyM comes by and shares how her lunch experiment went!
((CathyS)) I hope you and dh feel better soon.
I've forgotten, what is bwp, blessed? Nice you can have both DDs at home!
Glad you have some uninterrupted planning time, Kathryn.
Hope you're having a good day Harriet!

We're just back from church, SS, and lunch out. I spent the SS hour chatting with JT and HK from our small group.

We took tot J to church today to give dfriend R uninterrupted time to rest. He has the crud going around our town, and S is out of town, returning later this afternoon.

I have a bunch of small odds and ends type errands I might try to tackle later this afternoon. I don't know yet if I'll call my parents today. It has been 2 weeks. We might need to talk about Tgiving plans; I think they're coming up here? Nothing has been confirmed.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Service done, on our way to our senior friend's birthday.

Getting tired. Hope there is tea to revive me!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Best of afternoons to you dearest Helia!!! Hallo Hallo
Thank you... it was wonderful! Especially when it's a sleepy morning :D

bwp: basic weekly plan

so sweet of you to give your d friend time to rest! Being a young mom with a tot is a lot of work but put a cold on top of it... so hard; glad you were there to help.

dailies done (I even swiffer superficial mopped bathrooms) managed clutter but not all the laundry clutter.

Have fun at d friends party d kathyrn

dd younger is exhausted - old dog sleeping on one end of the family room couch - dd is scrunched in the middle and d cat is next to dd's head. Other dog is laying on the floor next to her. Its not often that she rests on the couch. The animals are loving it.

cut out turkey pattern (need fusible interfacing and a small bit of blue - I got rid of all my material years ago and was happy I did but I could use a 2 x 2 inch piece of blue fabric ;)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:46 pm

going to do a bit of needle point

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Went to church this morning while dd went to Orlando as she had a hockey game (she's an 'off ice' official for the Solar Bears). Decided to go to lunch with a bunch from church. We don't usually go any more as it's always so late getting home. Thought it might be different. Went to Out back. They had our group mixed up with another one and we had to wait extra time. Told us to call 'ahead' (we'd been told before we couldn't do that). Finally had to break us up by 4's & one 5. When I left from a very hard to get into booth I evidently left my phone. It rang shortly after we left and one of our members heard it & got it. But it had already stopped ringing and they couldn't get into it and were backtrack guessing who it belonged to. Finally got hooked up and dh and I just came back from picking it up -at least another hour's ride.

I snoozed a little bit after we got home from lunch. It was about 2:15 by the time we got home that time.

Just threw a lol in after I discovered dsonil had a load waiting in the washer and had a lol in the dryer. So once I fold his, I can maybe get ours dried.

My project for today is to get a table in our bedroom cleaned off and put away. Also want to clean off our desk top in there as well.

DD and dh are trying to get the screened porch pressure washed but that's not going to get finished today. It's rained all day. DD's stopping to pick up a squeegee so they can work tandem. She ordered an indoor/outdoor rug for there the other day and it should be here early this week. She bought new furniture for out there -it's in the garage right now. She also had a new glider that dh put together the other night. She used to have a patio set out there that was just too big. A friend took that before I left this last spring. Then they had a huge grill (that they sometimes used for school) & the guy who does their lawn bought it (traded mows) for his Dad. Sure we're going to really enjoy it.

Dh hated to tell her but did on Thursday that the couch they'd just bought was coming apart. :lol: When she looked, there was a zipper on the underside of one of the arms that was partially undone. Easy fix.

Off to work on that table and go get the mirror that goes on the back of our desk.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Party was nice. Huge crowd that started to leave as we arrived so we visited with the important people easily.

We are now waiting for our take out dinner to be ready. We are on our way to DD's with a full dinner. We will be back to her neighbourhood in the morning but won't have time to visit. So this works out well.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Hello, hello!!! I have been out of pocket for a few days.
Actually, I've been with sketchy phone signal for a few days. Friday night, for some strange reason, getting a connection at the condo was just impossible. DS had the same problem. And it continued off & on throughout Saturday. Add to that, the crowded conditions at the condo (I don't like to post when sitting with ddil -- I still want to maintain a certain buffer zone of privacy for myself here ;) ) and the fact that I was alone with dgd from around 11:00 a.m. till about 7:00 p.m. Saturday -- and it was difficult for me to be on the phone when she was not on ME, LOL!

Anyway -- some of you may have seen, our lowly #10 ranked team, which has struggled and struggled all season to claw their way up to that ranking, defeated the undefeated #1 team in the nation, and our second most important rival, I'd say -- Georgia. And the game was a huge blowout. We won like 40-16, I think, but they only scored that last TD in the final two minutes of the game. So it was quite exciting. DH said DGS was sooo excited about it all and yelled all the way through the game. DH LOVED it. (I mean, the win, of course, but mostly, dh loved seeing dgs get into the spirit of things so much. When dgs has been at previous games, dh has been kind of disappointed that he really has shown very little interest, so now dh has renewed hope that they will share this love of football and our college team, especially.)

We got home around 11:30 last night, but I am still sooo sooo tired. DH didn't even go to church this morning, but dgs and I did.
DH's arthritis is just killing him, and my back is kinda "catchy" too. I guess sleeping on a different bed and riding in the car so much accounts for that.

Just trying to cuop now and see what all I've missed... but also cooking supper... bbl...
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Well, I can tell there will be little sleep in this house tonight. (details in J&C -always everything at once, right?) Think we'll be spending the evening in our room(s).

Dh and I did just manage to get the one table cleaned off in the bedroom and it's now ready for him to do puzzles on. I've been working on the desk and we got the mirror from the garage and that's now on.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:06 pm

helia, it's so nice to see you posting.

Today has been so social that at times I felt sleep threatening even though I was extremely busy.

Two sets of extended family company totaling 7 people here between church time and dark. Plus HRH's dcousin and her dh have come in to town to see his ill uncle and the dcousin with cancer, so some time was also spent at dear uncle's house visiting with both those families and another aunt.

Honestly, those who send out the biggest "guilt trips" at church about why don't people get back on Sunday evening for the 5:00 start to evening events - these are bound to be people with only faraway family or either they are rude as the dickens to their kin! What are you going to say to family - "sorry, I am not receiving on Sunday afternoons"...? That's a universal time for visits. When else can working people hope to see each other much, really? And so many unwell, and truly hoping you can come.

Grateful today for dd19 being hospitable here, traveling along to her great-uncle's, and being present twice at church, making an announcement when the planned person couldn't come.

I'm so sleepy! Maybe an early night!

Return to “Post When You Can”