Cleaning 2017 - Fourth Round Focus

Detail cleaning schedules for each room of your house.
Harriet

Cleaning 2017 - Fourth Round Focus

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:08 pm

The full 2017 Focus Cleaning Calendar is posted in its sticky-thread above. A consistently clean home is within reach! It's not that we need to clean everything suddenly :shock: it's just that we need to clean some consistently throughout the year :) we know that. Focus gives us one already-complete plan for a rotation to keep us on track and keep each lovely area from neglect. We don't have to re-invent the wheel, just roll along with the one we have at the ready, a week at a time.

Here's a space to chat about our FOURTH rounds through our homes, which will be from Monday, August 21 through the week of Monday, October 30. Eleven rooms/areas for eleven weeks. Change the room names around to suit your home, record them in personal record-keeping if you want, in whatever form you'd like, and let's go through the house again!

If you are on a different plan for cleaning, please chat with us anyway, okay? We'd love to hear what you are doing through the winter months. To find some reminders and tips about rooms, check out the thread above titled, The Eleven Focus areas and their How-To-Clean Notes. The contents listing there is clickable and you'll go right to the room you click.

Round 4
8/21/2017 porch/entry
8/28/2017 bedrooms
9/4/2017 bathrooms
9/11/2017 office/other room
9/18/2017 closets
9/25/2017 laundry
10/2/2017 storage
10/9/2017 outdoor
10/16/2017 kitchen
10/23/2017 living room
10/30/2017 dining room

blessedw2

Re: Cleaning 2017 - Fourth Round Focus

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:20 pm

dear Harriet - I am completely struggling with this but i am paying attention. I am going to print the individuals rooms again from here as Christmas is coming and I know I am starting to fall apart without a goal.

time to focus.

years ago I planned and worked on the focus on a regular basis until my home was looking spiffy but I can honestly say my home needs decluttering, dehoarding (you can see it but its there), repairs repairs repairs, updating and cleaning : all because I didn't stay consistent. Now it's one hundred times harder. Why I go back to the bad habits I will never know. ;) :D Keep swimming.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:31 am

Woo hoo!
30 min in bedroom
15 min in bathroom
-- heavy vacuuming
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:59 pm

lucylee, I noticed that you did 90 minutes of vacuuming when you posted about it elsewhere. That seems like a long time but actually seems reasonable to me for a marathon of the whole house - I think I could run the vacuum 90 minutes here and honestly have corners and crevices to get to without wasting the time. I'm also very aware that many say they get whole-house vacuuming done a whole lot faster - like 15 mins. I believe them, too. I just think my house is not that accessible. (or new? or recently moved-into? ) Here, you don't just swish around the corners and keep traveling - the corners have furniture in them!

Struggling but paying attention :) . That sounds very like me, blessed. I need to think in terms of goal-ing, too. Need an attitude adjustment to get serious about finishing some rooms. So maybe something in writing, yes.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:25 am

Harriet, our house is large by most standards -- not expensive or fancy by ANY standards, LOL -- but the 90 min included pretty much "deep" cleaning -- at least 45 min doing crown molding, baseboards, corners, light fixtures/ceiling fans, under furniture -- etc.
If I do the main areas of the house like Flylady says -- just hit the middles -- it takes almost an hour.

That does NOT include 3 large rooms -- baby room, study, and guest room, plus a "Jack & Jill" bath. (I think that's what you call it -- vanity area on each side of tub/toilet area connecting ds's room -- "baby room" & guest room.)
I could hit the middles of those rooms in probably another 20-30 minutes, but except for the baby room, they are very seldom used, so I don't bother till their focus week.
Of course, sometimes I don't bother then, either. :(
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

I'm still on "office/other room", maybe a little work in closets. Lots of dust encountered in spots I didn't think had any - upright magazine holders, for instance. Ouch, got a splinter cleaning a vintage shelf. But this is even more a labor of organization, since we kinda got into a big project with it. So I need to post in Decluttered Home, too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:55 pm

cheer Sunday to all of you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Hard to believe that in the Focus calendar we are in living room and already headed next week for dining room. And that will be it for weekly room cleaning. Gasp. Time for maintenance, then, and considering hospitality, celebration. We're supposed to be "all clean"! ( :lol: no we're not, no we're not, just kidding around. We're just supposed to have hung in there with giving attention! )

Is anyone pulling holiday plans list/instruction like HGP or CC into your cleaning now? Or maybe I should say, into how your house looks in general since I know that might be decluttering, or storage puzzles too.

For me, I'm approaching the end of our 4 rounds with the situation I would have expected - front rooms look good, bedroom (which must become a "front" room whenever we have houseguests) looks good, and the struggles are still with dd's room, office area, sewing/craft, closets. Progress is evident, though. A lot better organization happening. Hopeful.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:14 pm

I am shocked that I didn't get much of the calendar done - I think "think" I am going to make up focus cards for next year based on next year's calendar.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:22 pm

I have been looking at my house and I guess I did better than I thought regarding the cleaning focuses - Its that perfection thing that happens that I don't realize I have been working on things. So Happy New Years and may it bring organization, peace of mind, non-perfectionist attitude so it doesn't clutter the mind and just do what you can and be happy with it!

thank you d harriet for continuing on d indiana's posts

Return to “Cleaning Focus”