Health and Fitness, January, 2018

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, January, 2018

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:26 am

Twins... I will start back at the gym next week. Stay on plan yesterday. Needed to up my water.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:34 am

I also got my Fitbit started yesterday. I had to charge it up, reinstall the software on my phone and update the Fitbit, then I wore it for several hours and found it wasn't working. So I had to reset and start from zero mid afternoon. I still got to 3800 steps, mostly thanks to the 15 min on treadmill at the gym.

I am setting a goal of stretching daily. I also need to fit in Tai Chi practice, assuming I am continuing.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:53 pm

Got on the ex. Bike again and finished my 30 min. I think. Dang dog was causing a fit the 1st time, the neighbor suggested putting a leash on her and I did that it worked yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:17 pm

I've lost about 10 lbs since November. If I can just do that twice more...

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:45 am

Wtg Harmony!

I walked the dog for exercise today.
Did 20 min. On stat bike after dinner.
Bs was geeat the next a m .

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am

I am .4 lbs away from winning my diet bet which ends Jan 29th. I think I can do that if I just stay focused and on plan... sort of. With this hiatal hernia I am eating small portions of whatever looks good to me... pasta, blueberries, cottage cheese, eggs, and home made chicken soup... even some bread. Interesting since I usually exclude much on this list.

Quit taking the Prilosec which was recommended by the dr because it caused extreme constipation. I don’t need to be dealing with that.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm

I do a 10 day running average for my weight. Between 1 Jan and today my running average has dropped 2.8 lbs. I consider that as true weight loss. Actual weight loss (proving how bloated I felt on New Years Day) was 6.2 lbs.

Planning to work out this afternoon with M, and need to get ready.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Walked the dog on this shorter route 20 min. I timed it. I have been giong to the basement a lot today doing laundry.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:55 am

If I at least maintain my weight or loose more I will have won my diet bet. The game is over at the end of the month.

Have plenty more to go, but it’s a start.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Congratulations, Ramblin'!

Harmony has also had a surprisingly good season for scale change.

Twins' too, you are doing great record-keeping of your loss. It's almost as if you have experience in tracking numbers.

I had 3 pounds to lose to get back to pre-holiday weight, and with the same problem last year I documented here that it took until Jan 19. Well, it's Jan 19 and let's all document I've lost 1. :) :roll: It's worth considering the difference between the two Januarys in my life, and the main thing is stress, although of course a couple pounds is no real indicator of anything. If there's scale disappointment, it's that my overall trend for a long while has been slow loss, so this feels like it's getting in the way.

HRH and I were up into the night talking and one part about my stress level, which he thinks is getting in my way in many areas of life. He's very supportive and quick to say he's proud of me regarding the responsibilities that cause me stress, but it helps to hear his "take" on it and know somebody else sees that ... .. well, that basically, life's unfair, lol.

I'm learning to grow microgreens. That's helping with my flower-withdrawal symptoms, even though there won't be blossoms, just little shoosts. And it will be healthy as the dickens for salads, etc., if I can figure it out.

Return to “Healthy Habits”