Terrific Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Terrific Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:05 am

I hope you all have terrific days!

I especially wish excellent healing to the SHE households with people under the weather.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Terrific Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:09 am

End of Tuesday here. I'm exhausted.

Had a quiet afternoon and then went swimming after the meeting was over. I came back to the cottage to change back since I wanted to wash more of the salt off me than the beach shower had managed.

Met the guys at an excellent Italian restaurant and we all had pizza. There was a half pizza left that the server insisted we take so I agreed to take it to our refrigerator. After dinner, dh and I walked to get milk at the gas station shop and dh offered the pizza to the staff. The young man was incredulous we were giving him a pizza. Turns out he had forgotten his dinner so was very hungry! I love it when things work out.

It is 8 p.m. now and we are in for the night. I'm making some decaf tea for my evening drink.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:18 am

I woke up 20 minutes before the 6am alarm. I feel well rested. I do still have a stuffed up head with a very mild headache but I'm okay with that as long as it stays out of my chest.

Today's doings -
** DGD6 care before/after school
** Homeschool Lessons = Math, LA grammar, spelling, vocabulary, reading, writing, history, science, music and art
** Date night with DH
** gathering Karate/Taekwondo sparring equipment. I'm giving it to DNephew who just started lessons.
** continue critter capture efforts in pool room.
** DH has fasting blood work in prep for quarterly diabetic checkup
** Order 12 pizza's for tomorrow night meal.
** "Buy this" list shopping. It is a long list will require both Sam's/WM. Hopefully weather & vehicle will come together to finally get DH a recliner. This has been on the buy list for weeks while waiting for good weather to haul it home in pickup.
** sign up for a tour that will focus on searching for Eagles. This tour fills up incredibly fast so I need to call as soon as they open

Yesterday we discovered A MAJOR BLOOPER. I was reading through previous year journal for this date and noticed I wrote that we bought SUV tag. I asked DH if that vehicle tag was due and he said it had 2017 sticker on it but it was the month to renew it. Usually, the state sends a notification when it is time to renew the vehicle tag but we hadn't received anything. DH decided to not wait for notification but to be proactive so he went to local tag office to renew it early. What a shock to be told it was 2 years out of date! WHAT? It had a 2017 sticker on it so that didn't make sense. Come to find out someone (DH or myself) had put the Pickyp yearly tag sticker on the SUV. ARGH. We have been driving around for over a year with vehicles stickers/tags messed up and overdue. ANYway, we paid the 2.5x penalty and everything is straightened up now. I'm just thankful we didn't get a ticket on top of the penalty. This was another huge reminder to me how important it is to have a system in place to keep up with yearly/monthly/weekly routines & tasks.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:06 am

good evening dear kathryn and d lynlee! it's really cool that you two are in the same time zone! I love hearing about Australia! Both my girls love Australia and New Zealand. So cool!

Good morning d lady I am glad you had a good rest! still praying for your health to return 100% soon.
Sorry you had to pay a penalty but glad it is all straightened out.
This was another huge reminder to me how important it is to have a system in place to keep up with yearly/monthly/weekly routines & tasks.
very true d lady. have a good day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:09 am

I had originally planned to go to church this morning but it is super icy -
hopefully this am prep for tonights dinner

Woke at 7 am even though my alarm went off at 6:30 - I kept hitting the snooze button

Cards pulled for today:
S2s :D
January 9, 2018
dailies :D
Bathrooms a bit :arrow:
dusting bedrooms including windows :arrow:
15 minute declutter :arrow:

kitchen extras
clean trash can - M :arrow:
clean dog water pad and wash their dishes (including cats) :D

laundry room:
clean dryer exhaust (not thorough though) :arrow:
dark laundry :arrow:

bathroom extras: :arrow:
dust walls with swiffer
clean glass doors (not great but enough)
doors swipe handles
I took a bunch of stuff out of the bathrooms before Christmas in a box - I will go through and see what can be tossed and send a picture to dd older and see if she wants anything
clean windows and sills

from yesterday: white laundry :arrow:

paperwork: French - I am back in the mindset :D , piano a bit

out my comfort zone as the weather is reasonable - it will be about 33 later so go for a walk in neighbourhood :arrow:
with younger of the old dogs

errands:
hair cut/dye leave at 9:30 :D
tar get :arrow:
grocery store as who le foods didn't have things I normally get: get a small amount beef for dh - I am making vegetarian shepherds pie for tonight for dd older and I as she will be here tonight. :D

christmas left over - I bought two thin cardboard white boxes to finish putting breakable ornaments in

tomorrow anti procrastination day: hope pull videos to be made into DVDs - hahaha I will have to move the bathrooms to tomorrow
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:57 am

I am planning on the gym this afternoon with M, followed by supper at home: Chicken breasts, sweet potatoes and salad.

Need to get organized and accomplish things today! Got my journal going and working through a.m. routine...will ck back later!

-brush and floss, wash up, get dressed
-walk the ddog
-reboot laundry
-make the bed
-plan!
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:05 am

hi d twins ~~~

heading out soon - instead of being house productive I read the newspaper. ;)
I signed up to continue my French with Alexa lessons

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 am

Morning...

I am up and dressed with routines done. Perry is on, i have my second cup of coffee and Willis is sleeping at my feet.

I am going to spend sometime at my desk this morning and put some time on my gazelle. Then later Sweetie and I are going to an afternoon movie.

I need to make a g will run, but they are finally predicting rain. Think we’ve been without rain for three months now so it is badly needed.

Off to start my day...’enjoy yours
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:26 pm

I'm up and finally got dh's meds put up for 2 weeks. I'd had to wait until I picked up a couple of things for his containers at W mart yesterday. Hated to make that trip (and I was all in once I did it) but it's done and I got the meds done. Then I combined some older prescriptions with the new ones. When I looked at one bottle I realized there were 2 different colors/#'s. Took me forever to figure out the number and run a check but they ended up being the same med.

Just received the Treasurer's report and have printed it off. He does it in excel and I have to put it in word to go with the rest of the Annual report -not an easy task but I think it will be better than in years past. Now to start working on it. I have church council tonight -if I'm not coughing up a storm. We'll see. I'm not afraid of passing it on obviously but if I'm coughing like I have been, I could miss a lot.

Did the dishes and took care of last night's. DD had cleaned out the fridge so had some extra storage containers. Dh and I will finish up the chicken noodle soup for lunch. Have hamburger thawing. DD is either making beef stroganoff or shepherd's pie for supper. She'll decide when she gets home. I think I'll vote stroganoff -haven't had that in forever.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Waving to everyone, Wtg on all of your progress.Trash is at the curb now.
I slept well last night yea! I skipped caffine in the p m made the difference!
Breakfast is over and a m meds. Done. We are suppised to get rain not so much yet just a few sprinkles. I hope to get the outside of the window in the living room.

Return to “Post When You Can”