Running Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Running Wednesday

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:39 pm

PUPA = Pick Up & Put Away

I moved the rolling carts back.
I "found" my desk.
48* sunny. Here now.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:00 pm

he will send his wife to get them
:lol: :lol: Just like I needed to take dh's phone to him the other morning. :roll:

Back from errands and need to get moving again. I've been sitting here almost an hour vegging out.

-get rest of groceries put away
-clear away the stuff I brought downstairs
-ck the mail (I need an easy one right now)
-empty the dishwasher
-sweep front porch
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:47 pm

I have a question for you Elizabeth, which no one else will under stand, but you will :D

Where will you be standing...on which corner and is that where you always go?
and....

What day will you arrive and leave? Oh, and where do you get your King Cakes from? I have to make my own. Aking cake sort of tastes like a huge cinnamon bun only better. See me pout, I'm jealous, however I am planning to go next year. Already put it on my calender.

The history of King Cakes
https://www.randazzokingcake.com/pages/ ... Cakes.html
http://www.mardigrasday.com/king-cakes/ ... ing-cakes/

the history of Mardi gras
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/02/1 ... abama.html

Joe Cain Day is one of my favorite parades, but remember I was involved with Harley riders.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Cain

I have lived in both New Orleans and Mobile. Most people think of the parades in NO like the ones you see in the news. There many family oriented parades in the surrounding areas that are like those in Mobile.

If you want to see what the parades are like just go to you tube and look up Mobile Mardi Gras parades I watch them every year. Parade season in Mobile is 3.5 weeks long with a parade every night and on the weekends there are usually two. One during the day and another on at night. Schools are closed during the days Elizabeth will be there, and on Monday and Fat Tuesday there is no mail delivery in downtown Mobile...its the same in NO. that's because there are parades going on all over the city. Here's a peek...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdF5P76V9Ok
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Happy for you Elizabeth - wishing the two of you lots of fun.

about ladybugs ... so many, so weird. I am truly OVER the ladybugs. Is it best to sweep out/vacuum up really fast? I started thinking about how long some have waited around here, like lucylee's house, while the season had ME on hold. two things come to mind: do they lay eggs this time of year, so that live ones should be dealt with fast? are their carcasses causing allergic symptoms so that dead ones should be dealt with fast? thinking of catching them before they would lay eggs - I bet that is a lost cause.

about wanting to "keep" Christmas .... this is why I wait until we have all cards THEN put on the display wreath at Christmas itself and then have that wreath up for a nice long time. At least one wall reminds me of the season.

about sleep - am zeroing in on believing I naturally sleep for 7 3/4 hours. Circumstances usually get in the way of actually seeing a "streak" of this, but this number keeps coming up for me.

Have a second load of laundry in. A little more progress each day.

Household Desk Day done, including a nice birthday card out to cousin.

Trash Day handled yesterday - that makes me glad since it ran early today.

Undecorating today. Tree is now out. A lot of other undecorating done, but still some to go. It's really quite a lot of small projects, not one large one. I do enjoy seeing the space revealed as the tree leaves, but it's not more attractive without it, just simplified. HRH is suspicious that live trees now cause some bother to his eyes. thinking. Would my life be easier if I chose a nice artificial tree? Could I get started earlier each year so that I don't feel we have rushed though without everyone appreciating? Obviously, I use artificial greenery elsewhere and am okay with it. Just a thought.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm

hi d dee what is pupa?
:D PICK UP/PUT AWAY, Blessed.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi!

My husband just helped me pick up and put away the Christmas tree. He is so good with assisting me when I wait and ask instead of trying to do everything myself.

We had pasta and the home made tomato sauce as part of the meat sauce I made for supper. I added onion and oregano and garlic and salt and pepper and a small can of tomato paste to try to help it taste like something. Dh thinks I make the best pasta sauce. I did not enjoy the sauce tonight at all.

We are having a sloppy day here with rain and the snow melting. Yuck. There is supposed to be a massive storm coming in Friday/Saturday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:25 pm

No running for flights.

I'm in Sydney now with another long layover. Settled into a lovely, air conditioned, lounge. Asian food being offered so I may have to go out for lunch, we'll see. I'm not a fancy food person, give me

Flight was smooth except I was watching Spielberg (documentary on Steven Spielberg - it's excellent BTW) and the system cut out and I couldn't watch the rest of it. So I closed my eyes and listened to podcasts.

Our next flight is not in business class but aside from too-fancy food, a quilt and a blanket, the business class seats weren't that nice on the past flight. On the way to Perth we had lie-flat seats. These ones only reclined a bit more than economy seats and didn't have leg rests that functioned.

We get lounge access due to all the years of flying dh did now giving him lifetime perks like lounges, extra baggage and shorter lineups. For non-overnight flights under 4 hours, I don't mind flying economy because we can come early to the airport and I can calm my nerves in peace and quiet before getting on the plane. Once on the plane, I have enough stuff to make my seat almost as comfortable as a car seat (I carefully choose airplanes with more legroom.)

Now to explore and then cuop. I'm now 2:30 in the afternoon on Thursday here according to my watch but I'm not sure I can tell you the day with confidence!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:59 pm

I didn't know that pupa meant that- I like that! - thanks d dee and d nancy.
good night everyone!!! dh did dishes for me :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 am

Well, I pupa Christmas! I have a bag of tree balls to donate. Just had too many so these are going away. Everything has been carted up the ladder and is on the top shelf in my bedroom walk-in closet. I did wash the kitchen tablecloth and the narrow table cover (white) I use because the nativity looks better on it than on the wood top and one cloth I used in the roll basket. Unfortunately the white cover is now a bit pink from the red plaid table cover. I'm surprised as I've washed that red table cover several times already and don't remember it doing that.

I guess I will bleach and rewash the white cover. It is not very dark so will be ok.

I noted how bare the house looked inside. I got my pale pink table cover I rarely use and put it on the kitchen table, which usually is just bare (tile top, light wood legs and chairs). I think it looks better that way. I'm waiting for DH to complain about it. He uses his spot at the end to do office work and reading in the morning. We'll see.

I still have the outside lights to get off the bushes and put away in the garage bin. Other than that, Christmas is over. :( Oh, I still have to bring in the pinecone wreath from the front door and it lost one of it's cones which I'll replace before putting it away. I usually leave that out all January. It just looks wintery to me.

Maybe I'll get the lights off tomorrow before the weather turns cold again.

RRose & Elizabeth, why do they call it FAT TUESDAY?

Funny, we get every bug imaginable in FL but we don't get ladybugs! I see a few occasionally outside, but none inside. I once thought I had an infestation of those awful c___ bugs (can't even say the word) but the bug guy said they were something else brought in with the new sod we put down. I just kept spraying and they all disappeared. Yuck!

Ok, bed time!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:09 am

Not productive at all here. I need to pull out some paperwork and start work or move to a comfy chair and see about sleeping.

I've had a lot of veggies, some fruit, some chicken (about an ounce) and a bread roll. Also a black forest meringue dessert and 2 short bread cookies. I was going to get more protein from some nachos but they disappeared between my first and second pass of the buffet and they have not returned.

I have almost 2 hours before it is time to board. We arrive in New Zealand at midnight. I better write down the address of the hotel while I'm thinking about it so I don't have to scramble while in a taxi queue. I also have to get out the NZ$$ and put away our AU$ (for now, we'll be back.)

I switched to my travel purse on arrival in Perth after losing my boarding pass repeatedly. Today my boarding passes have not gone missing once. Woot! Ironically, the 'bad' purse has slash proof strap, RFID blocking and a locking strap to attach your purse to a chair to stop snatchers but despite all these travel purse features, it can't hold a boarding pass and my clothes don't have boarding pass sized pockets because.... I'm a plus-sized woman so can't buy specifically designed travel clothes, they don't make them in my size. The sweater I've brought for this trip has something wrong with the pockets and things fall out in airline seats all the times. Not sure why this sweater is different than my other one but it is.

Return to “Post When You Can”